The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Geography Unit 2 May 16th

Scroll to see replies

I said how I analysed my results and presented them in tables and stuff, but it didn't actually say to mention the conclusions of the fieldwork, so i didn't write about them :/
Original post by shonakate11
I said how I analysed my results and presented them in tables and stuff, but it didn't actually say to mention the conclusions of the fieldwork, so i didn't write about them :/

It was such a bad question, I mentioned pie charts/maps with different colour/numerical averages/comparative tables/picture annotation etc...

i hope the examiner understands how difficult it was to analyse and present the answer!!
Reply 322
So the final question is how many people will be doing Geography in the A2 year? Personally, I will not unless by some magical spell I get an A, hehehehe
The exam was decent
what did you guys put for the sustainability question in rebranding?
Honestly i talked rubbish about curtiba, totnes (a town we visited on a school trip that's completely independent) and some other rubbish about london
Original post by Ryan2159
Didn't go as well as I wanted it to, I did extreme weather and rebranding but didn't put the cross in the box to show the examiner what questions I chose:banghead:. Analysis threw me completely, looking back on it I see that it would have been better talking about what conclusions my analysis lead me to rather than saying I used a swot analysis:afraid:

oh crap... i didn't even realise i hadn't marked what questions i did until reading this! i'm an actual idiot! anyway, i did the same two as you and i was thrown off by the analysis question too. my teach told me that definitely wouldn't come up..... pfffttt! x
Reply 325
last year was only 50/70 for a A!!
Original post by dianna13
oh crap... i didn't even realise i hadn't marked what questions i did until reading this! i'm an actual idiot! anyway, i did the same two as you and i was thrown off by the analysis question too. my teach told me that definitely wouldn't come up..... pfffttt! x

Same here! My teacher thought they had removed that question from the syllabus as it had never came up before, there goes my hopes of getting an A...:flybye:
Original post by Ashc014
The exam was decent
what did you guys put for the sustainability question in rebranding?
Honestly i talked rubbish about curtiba, totnes (a town we visited on a school trip that's completely independent) and some other rubbish about london

Rebranding can be used as a tool or catalyst to improve quality of
places. Sustainability might link to economic, social and
environmental aspects of rebranding. There are a range of linked
ideas here. Inward investment attracting other businesses etc and
positive spirals. Perhaps important is the idea of longer-term success.
Credit definition of sustainability in the context of rebranding.

Urban
Employment opportunities
close to communities,
reducing transport footprint
Preservation of heritage and
culture
Innovative energy efficient
design
Rural
Economically viable providing
a range of employment
opportunities
Limited use of artificial
chemicals in any production
methods (ideally organic);
local food etc.

One of the issues with rebranding is to what extent schemes actually
benefit all communities / groups / players, especially those that are
the most deprived or have least say.

Places can be urban or rural, and at a range of scales, e.g. regional to
local.
Credit discussion of top-down, bottom-up and partnership
approaches.

WAS A QUESTION FROM JANUARY 2012
Reply 328
Original post by Hody421
Rebranding can be used as a tool or catalyst to improve quality of
places. Sustainability might link to economic, social and
environmental aspects of rebranding. There are a range of linked
ideas here. Inward investment attracting other businesses etc and
positive spirals. Perhaps important is the idea of longer-term success.
Credit definition of sustainability in the context of rebranding.

Urban
Employment opportunities
close to communities,
reducing transport footprint
Preservation of heritage and
culture
Innovative energy efficient
design
Rural
Economically viable providing
a range of employment
opportunities
Limited use of artificial
chemicals in any production
methods (ideally organic);
local food etc.

One of the issues with rebranding is to what extent schemes actually
benefit all communities / groups / players, especially those that are
the most deprived or have least say.

Places can be urban or rural, and at a range of scales, e.g. regional to
local.
Credit discussion of top-down, bottom-up and partnership
approaches.

WAS A QUESTION FROM JANUARY 2012

I talked about legacy facilities and ****. I messed up big time.
Reply 329
I'll be lucky to gain a C over the 2 units.
[QUOTE="dianna13;47621765"]oh crap... i didn't even realise i hadn't marked what questions i did until reading this! i'm an actual idiot! anyway, i did the same two as you and i was thrown off by the analysis question too. my teach told me that definitely wouldn't come up..... pfffttt! x[/QUOTE
omg I ddnt tick it either
Reply 331
Original post by TAPTUT
i found it better than unit 1 but the timing was hard.I found the 10 marks harder than before apart from the last 10 mark on sustainabilty.The 15 mark with rebranding was quite difficult as well- i talked about success a bit as well as the presentation and stuff.Any idea on the grade boundaries?

Same, found it much better than Unit 1, but ahhh the timing is appaling! Why don't they give us 1 hour 30 minutes! :mad:
Guys I'm confused about the Rebranding 15 marker! I didn't mention successes or any evaluation of my results as I took it as how my results were analysed and presented so combined the two and by analysis I just said I made detailed annotations to a picture I didn't think it was actually asking for an analysis of the results... oops but then I made up some good stuff about presentation how I layered it onto a GIS map and created a written report and fancy stuff like that ;D
My current grade boundary predictions for Unit 2 2014 paper:

(Out of 70 marks)

44=A

39=B

33=C

30=D

25=E
Original post by SianTee
Aw good luck in them! I still have 5 AS exams left :smile:

thanks!
Good luck to you too xD
And for the sustainability question I only mentioned environmental. OH WELL thank god coasts was good :biggrin:
actually no i ****ed up big time!! i didn't analyse my data!!!:s-smilie::frown::frown::frown: plus sustainability, i predict i'll only get like 5 marks max on that :mad::mad:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by A-LevelEconomist
My current grade boundary predictions for Unit 2 2014 paper:

(Out of 70 marks)

44=A

39=B

33=C

30=D

25=E

44 is way to low for an A and the exam was pretty decent. The lowest it's ever been for an A is 48

so probably be like

48=A

42=B

37=c

32=D

28=E
Original post by iceangel8
And for the sustainability question I only mentioned environmental. OH WELL thank god coasts was good :biggrin:

Could have mentioned:

Job's creation

Transport/Infrastructure

Legacy-social improvement e.g. education/crime

I wrote about Stratford as it had all 3 and Curitiba for transport.
Original post by ridwan12
Could have mentioned:

Job's creation

Transport/Infrastructure

Legacy-social improvement e.g. education/crime

I wrote about Stratford as it had all 3 and Curitiba for transport.

Yeah, COULD have mentioned :P doesn't help now! :smile: but sounds good I just talked about Eden Project and London transport rebranding with boris bikes and hybrid buses which are sustainable... meh :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending