Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi am going to apply this year for nursing and I would really like to study at the University of Leeds. For anyone who has applied at Leeds for Adult nursing, could you please let me know whether you have achieved at least a grade B in both English and maths? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi am going to apply this year for nursing and I would really like to study at the University of Leeds. For anyone who has applied at Leeds for Adult nursing, could you please let me know whether you have achieved at least a grade B in both English and maths? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadzworldz)
    Hi I have replied and I only have a C in English but a B in maths. I emailed them and they said they only want C in both. X

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've just applied last week for edge hill JMU Liverpool and Chester- children's nursing.
    Received an unsuccessful yesterday from JMU 😓 due to no maths GCSE I'm currently resitting this. Anyone know if other uni's will accept me with a pending result? This was reason for unsuccessful

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJ-21)
    ive applied to leeds beckett, bradford, leeds uni, huddersfield and manchester,
    i only sent my application off last week and ive had 2 unsuccessfull applications so far
    i have all my a levels gcse's etc (meets requirements) i have worked in a nursing home alongside nurses for the past 2 + 1/2 years, im just feeling a little crappy because my main choice of uni declined my application for not meeting entry requirements - but when i checked i do meet the requirements on the website!

is their something im doing wrong or what?!?
    Hi,
    Ive applied for bradford, both leeds, hudds and uclan. How long before you heard from them please?

Good luck with the rest x

ReputationRep:
    Had an unsuccessful application from Manchester today. That's 3 out of 5 applications declined and still waiting to here anything from other 2. Really starting to lose hope now. the 2 out of 3 unis didn't even include a reason as to why my application was unsuccessful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suziea75)
    Hi,
    Ive applied for bradford, both leeds, hudds and uclan. How long before you heard from them please?

Good luck with the rest x
    Hi. I sent my application off last Thursday, I heard from leeds Beckett and Bradford on Wednesday (the 5th) so about a week. And today relieved another unsuccessful without a reason why it was just left blank. I'm still yet to hear from Huddersfield and leeds uni x

ReputationRep:
    Oh it's so horrible waiting isn't it. I really really need to start 2015 ( I'm a oldie!) but not feeling positive after rejection from Liverpool.RJ-21 Email in and ask for feedback ?

ReputationRep:
    Will do thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I sent my adult nursing application off on the 31st October. I'm applying to: Uni of Leeds, Uni of York, Lincoln, Oxford Brookes & Keele. I've received an email from all of them to say that they've received my application but nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    I sent my adultnursing application off on the 31st October (for Sept 2015 intake). I'm applying to: Uni of Leeds, Uni of York, Lincoln, Oxford Brookes & Keele. I've received an email from all of them to say that they've received my application but nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLclarkey)
    Thankyou I've looked at a range of possible questions I could be asked and prepared basic answers for them, I have also made certain that I'm aware of recent news based around nursing ect... What did you do to prepare?
    Everything that's current at the time and the 6 C's of nursing ! Just be confident edge hill is a lovely uni ! Good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sally76)
    Everything that's current at the time and the 6 C's of nursing ! Just be confident edge hill is a lovely uni ! Good luck with your application
    Thankyou I wrote all about the 6Cs through my personal statement so can use them Edge hill is my top I loved the feel when I went for the open day so really want to go there! Thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLclarkey)
    Thankyou I wrote all about the 6Cs through my personal statement so can use them Edge hill is my top I loved the feel when I went for the open day so really want to go there! Thanks again.
    Your more than welcome anything else just ask :-)

ReputationRep:
    Think I finally have my choices - Gutted that Nottingham have ceased to offer the Masters in Nursing Science but nonetheless I'll be applying for Adult Nursing at Edinburgh, Nottingham and UEA. Dual Field at Southampton and Healthcare Management, Policy and Research also at Southampton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahburns)
    I didn't realised how many people had applied already! Good luck with your interviews
    I'm just wondering what experiences everyone has had before applying?
    I had a placement on a hospital ward shadowing the nurses, making beds making teas fetching water ect for patients. I also did a placement at a pre school and work as a sales assistant but I'm not sure if that counts towards much

Still not sent off my ucas form though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I applied to oxford brookes, northampton, coventry, birmingham city and birmingham uni on 22nd Oct. Been asked to do maths and English tests for northampton and have an interview at brookes on 14th nov. I'm so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucymjh)
    I sent my adult nursing application off on the 31st October. I'm applying to: Uni of Leeds, Uni of York, Lincoln, Oxford Brookes & Keele. I've received an email from all of them to say that they've received my application but nothing more.
    Hi I sent my application off on the same date, and have applied to to Leeds, Leeds Beckett, York, Sheff Hallam and Manchester. Had applications from all and an interview for Manchester, but that's all.
    Good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadzworldz)
    Hi I've applied there and got those grades but haven't heard anything yet :-)

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for adult nursing at Leeds, Nottingham, Cardiff, Manchester and Southampton anyone else applied for them?? Ive had all my acknowledgements but nothing yet, all my friends are getting there offers so I'm getting nervous 😂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.