(Original post by jam277)
    PSG

Domestic[edit]

European[edit]

Manchester City

Leagues

Cups

European

PSG have been around for 40 years yet have the same amount if not more trophy wise than Manchester City. Historically PSG are better as they've been winning more trophies in a more concentrated spell of time compared to Manchester City.
    **** I hate PSG for taking Ronaldinho off us man. We could've dominated Europe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PSG was the team you tried to sign him from not the team that he signed for over you. That was Barcelona.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    PSG was the team you tried to sign him from not the team that he signed for over you. That was Barcelona.
    Yeah badly worded. I meant not selling to us quickly enough, read an article recently where it said the ****s delayed our move so they could find a different suitor for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We signed Ronaldo instead...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    We signed Ronaldo instead...
    Strong alternate signing: different position ratio.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Strong alternate signing: different position ratio.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fergie said it himself lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    Fergie said it himself lol
    Strong signing of superstar: signing of young prodigy ratio

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Strong signing of superstar: signing of young prodigy ratio

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Strong posting on TSR FF: thinking you know better than Fergie ratio

ReputationRep:
    Fergie chats **** anyway you like my sig.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hulkamaniac)
    When did I say I was a Man Utd fan?

But come one seriously the Europa League carries little credibility and even the promise of a UCL spot for this year's winners has only increased the credibility slightly.

One La Liga title in how long? Runner's up not winners.

Manchester United since 2007:

Premier League 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013
    League Cup: 2009, 2010
    Champions League: 2008, runners-up 2009, 2011
    World Club Championship: 2008

Last season aside, Manchester United are still very much relevant and I suspect that whilst they may not win the title, they are certainly in the title race, may well have a good cup run and no doubt will be back in the Champions League next season.

Atletico Madrid in comparison are a flash in the pan whilst PSG have done absolutely nothing in Europe or football in general except buy expensive players to merit being a "big club".

I'd say Man City are a bigger team than PSG currently in terms of history and quality.

I will give you Atletico had the potential to succeed but they blew their chance. I see them stuttering to 3rd or 4th place in La Liga, not getting past the quarter finals of the Champions League and will be a faded force.
    You are going off topic completely.
    I know what Man United have won in the past and I'm not denying that- I don't need to be told.

What I'm saying is that United are not in top 8 squads in Europe

And you're completely writing off Atletico with no basis for your argument except their league form, where they have 32 points from 15 games, which over 38 games comes to around 81 points. They've already beaten Real Madrid twice this season (Supercup, league) and have beaten Juventus so they're not a slouch and to assume United are better than them, either individually or as a collective is silly going by the past 2 seasons.

The Europa League may not be the most prestigious trophy, but for a team to win it twice in 3 seasons shows that this team is more than capable of going on to bigger things.

The thread topic is CURRENT best 8 squads in Europe and United are not in contention.

Top 3 in Spain are better, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Chelsea and Man City are better than United. Would even say Dortmund would give united problems. I'd even say Arsenal's squad is better than United's (better defence and midfield imo)

ReputationRep:
    Fergie chats **** anyway you like my sig.
    I do.

Reminds me of when Jose said that youth are the focus at SB this time round.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do.

Reminds me of when Jose said that youth are the focus at SB this time round.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah so we sell mata and barely use Salah, not one single youth player has come in too.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah so we sell mata and barely use Salah, not one single youth player has come in too.
    Can imagine when he leaves pointing to that one time Kalas played at Anfield, or Loftus-Cheek's cameo against Sporting as proof.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can imagine when he leaves pointing to that one time Kalas played at Anfield, or Loftus-Cheek's cameo against Sporting as proof.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll be like DPMO.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.