Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or is the TSA reaaally easy? Practiced 2 mock exams today and got 46/50 and 48/50. So is the TSA going to be a big deal for your application or is it just to see if you're not a complete retard?

Anyway, for people looking for more practice material, try SHL (shldirect.com). Those are basically tests when applying for iBanks, but the questions are quite similar to the ones of TSA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjoerdsm)
    Is it just me or is the TSA reaaally easy? Practiced 2 mock exams today and got 46/50 and 48/50. So is the TSA going to be a big deal for your application or is it just to see if you're not a complete retard?

Anyway, for people looking for more practice material, try SHL (shldirect.com). Those are basically tests when applying for iBanks, but the questions are quite similar to the ones of TSA.
    Only 46/50? Yeah it's pretty much to separate retards from actual candidates. Anyone dropping any marks is deemed the former. Unlucky I suppose mate, never quite know what to say to candidates like you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... I'm applying for straight econ at LSE, but not heard about any questionnaire??

ReputationRep:
    PLEASE someone reply - whats the questionnaire for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dph96)
    PLEASE someone reply - whats the questionnaire for?
    If you pass, what I think is, the second stage of their application process you then have to fill in a questionnaire to tell them your math module UMS and the UMS of your other subjects.

It seems like this only applies for straight Econ and other mathematical courses because they're interested in your math scores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mwatters)
    If you pass, what I think is, the second stage of their application process you then have to fill in a questionnaire to tell them your math module UMS and the UMS of your other subjects.

It seems like this only applies for straight Econ and other mathematical courses because they're interested in your math scores.

It's weird that they said they would only take into consideration our UCAS and then ask for UMS!

When should we expect this questionnaire then (i applied on the 13th)?
    And what determines the next round?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm currently in year 12 studying in the UK and I really want to do law at LSE. What sort of grades at A level will I be looking to get? How importantly do they look at a levels in comparison with GCSES, and how important are extra-curricular activities?

Below are my GCSE grades:

Physics:A*
    Chemistry: A*
    Biology: A*
    Maths: A*
    Further maths: A* with distinction (A^)
    Geography: A*
    History: A*
    Spanish: A*
    Religious studies: A*
    Chinese: A*
    Eng Lang: A
    Eng lit: A
    Music: A

THANKS!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBowcat)
    What they did last year was once you were past the 1st stage of selection (LSE have many stages), they sent out a questionnaire requesting UMS from the selected batch of students.
    What is my LSE id number and where do I find it. They have sent me the questionnaire but I can't fill in this step of it. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chughes17)
    Just sent off my questionnaire.. 8 weeks is what the email said. received a 2 week email, another 2 week email and now an 8 week email! I think that's the last one before a decision as the first email stated max. 12 weeks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi there, where do I find my LSE ID number? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesmallman)
    Hi guys, I'm currently in year 12 studying in the UK and I really want to do law at LSE. What sort of grades at A level will I be looking to get? How importantly do they look at a levels in comparison with GCSES, and how important are extra-curricular activities?

Below are my GCSE grades:

Physics:A*
    Chemistry: A*
    Biology: A*
    Maths: A*
    Further maths: A* with distinction (A^)
    Geography: A*
    History: A*
    Spanish: A*
    Religious studies: A*
    Chinese: A*
    Eng Lang: A
    Eng lit: A
    Music: A

THANKS!!!!
    Seems like a stupid question - if you could get those GCSEs, I'm sure you're capable of figuring out what A-level grades you can get/need!

EC activities aren't particluarly important for LSE, it's much more academic. And they look at both A-levels and GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone thinking of a maths w/a econ degree at the LSE? Feel free to pm me/ reply with quote if you want my experiences as a fresher and my application (currently third week, fourth counting fresher's, its a dream come true trust me).
    Regards
    Alex

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take for people to receive their questionnaire for straight econ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimmyElectron)
    Hello, which course are you applying to?
    Straight Economics -- L101!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mwatters)
    I'm guessing you must not be doing a very mathsy course then because I think the questionnaire is given to the likes of straight Econ and maths related ones because they want to see all your math module scores.

I'll be stumped if you're applying for straight Econ now though haha
    But I am -- I'm doing A Level Math and Further Math.
    My board, however, is CIE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikleinapickle)
    He/she meant your degree course..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dph96)
    It's weird that they said they would only take into consideration our UCAS and then ask for UMS!

When should we expect this questionnaire then (i applied on the 13th)?
    And what determines the next round?
    Yeah when they said they're only taking into account UCAS I thought they meant they weren't gonna ask for ums as well.

I'm guessing you'll hear back on the 27th then as long as they're happy with your personal statement and grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikleinapickle)
    What course are you applying for though because it seems it's only economics and maths related courses asking about ums

ReputationRep:
    do you only get a questionnaire if they are happy with your ps and grades?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys ! I applied to LSE for law on the 10th October,
    and got the 2 week email on the 13th of October, they just replied to that by sending a 8 week email >< so excited!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for maths and econ,I got the 8 week email and the questionnaire on Monday.
    Does this mean I'm past the first part of selection? or is it just generic?
    GCSE's: 4 A*'s, 2 A's, 3.5 B's
    AS:AAAA Predicted:A*A*A*A*
    Maths UMS: C1 100, C2 100 M1 100 S1 96 FP1 95 D1 75
    Physics: 288/300
    Chemistry: 255/300
    Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.