Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nottingham GEM (A101) Applicants 2015 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ell365)
    Just received my letter. I initially thought it was a rejection, but it turned out to be a letter informing me I'm on the waiting list. Apparently they've made just over 100 offers (for 89 places??) and put 16 people on the waiting list. I don't know how to feel.
    You still have every chance to get in. Alot of people in my year were on the waiting list, for whatever reason a lot people don't take up their offer. It's by no means certain - but don't get too disheartened!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Did they tell you where on the waiting list you were? Some did make it through the list last year, best of luck
    (Original post by maherro)
    You still have every chance to get in. Alot of people in my year were on the waiting list, for whatever reason a lot people don't take up their offer. It's by no means certain - but don't get too disheartened!
    No, no indication of where on the list, but thanks for your encouraging words.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone with letters, when were your interview dates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gigabyte)
    Everyone with letters, when were your interview dates?
    25th March

ReputationRep:
    I got a rejection. Mine was the 26th.

ReputationRep:
    i think my letter has arrived but I'm at work until 8 and don't want my parents to open it - if it's a rejection I'd probably walk out of work and never come back!!

ReputationRep:
    Just got my letter and I'm on the waiting list too! Really really really hoping I get an offer at some point!!! Loved it there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I won't be home to check till 7pm but a friend of mine had his interview the day before mine (so the 26th) and hasn't had anything today.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how many people were on the waiting list last year and how many got in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if it's just rejections and waiting list today? Dreading opening my letter later. Notts is my last hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Men)
    Anyone know how many people were on the waiting list last year and how many got in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    From last years forum it seems 16 were on the waiting list and 2 got an offer (from who posted on tsr so that isn't the full picture)

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I had my interview on the 27th and haven't received anything yet...

ReputationRep:
    Rejection today as well, a bit gutted. Also they managed to get most of my address wrong, including the full postcode. It's amazing it got to me at all! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if they update it on track as well at the same time as the letter or if it's just by post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nannat)
    Does anyone know if they update it on track as well at the same time as the letter or if it's just by post?
    Track's down for maintenance this weekend so nothing till Monday, I think it's letters first in most cases.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if they are just dealing with the extremes thus far. So rejections and uber good interviewees. May explain why we have yet to hear from an offer holders.

That or this year has been really difficult to decide who gets offers so they've decided to exclude anyone within a 50 mile radius. Letters arriving earlier being closer to Derby...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    I wonder if they are just dealing with the extremes thus far. So rejections and uber good interviewees. May explain why we have yet to hear from an offer holders.

That or this year has been really difficult to decide who gets offers so they've decided to exclude anyone within a 50 mile radius. Letters arriving earlier being closer to Derby...
    Well I live about 2.5miles from the med school and not heard anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nug)
    Well I live about 2.5miles from the med school and not heard anything!
    Ok new theory, all the offers have second class post marks. Just to **** with us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Ok new theory, all the offers have second class post marks. Just to **** with us.
    Theory - all the offers are A4 and needed more expensive packaging?

Notts like their A4 envelopes they do

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get weirdly opposite feedback? I scored 1 for work experience (with doctors) but 4 for "knowing what its like to be a doctor" which doesn't seem compatible to me...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.