Ask a Muslim who is questioning his faith anything Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    So we need to be selfish?
    I am talking about iman and not about helping others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronmack)
    I am talking about iman and not about helping others
    Maybe you should take heed of your own advice.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think you're simply going through a period of weak imaan or are you questioning Islam entirely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    Do you think you're simply going through a period of weak imaan or are you questioning Islam entirely?
    I'm questioning Islam entirely, but wouldn't that mean I'm going through a period of weak imaan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    I'm questioning Islam entirely, but wouldn't that mean I'm going through a period of weak imaan?
    Yeah I think so. Imaan fluctuates a lot, so you shouldn't think that this is the be-all and end-all. Going through a time like could possibly make your imaan even stronger

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Maybe you should take heed of your own advice.
    What did I say?

ReputationRep:
    What did I say?
    You said you should worry about yourself in regards to Imaan. Why then do you constantly worry about my Imaan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    You said you should worry about yourself in regards to Imaan. Why then do you constantly worry about my Imaan?
    Link me to the post where I said your imaan is weak? I'm trying to help, if you don't need my help then go ahead do whatever you want your life it aint mine.

ReputationRep:
    Link me to the post where I said your imaan is weak? I'm trying to help, if you don't need my help then go ahead do whatever you want your life it aint mine.
    So your telling me all of this because my Imaan is not weak?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    So your telling me all of this because my Imaan is not weak?
    I was helping you make the right decision, dam

ReputationRep:
    I was helping you make the right decision, dam
    How do you know its the "right" decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    How do you know its the "right" decision?
    I know and some stories I heard from my father confirms it for me.

ReputationRep:
    I know and some stories I heard from my father confirms it for me.
    Strong evidence.

Seems legit.

Cool story brah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Strong evidence.

Seems legit.

Cool story brah.
    Thanks, i appreciate that.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, i appreciate that.
    Well you're telling me to do something because you think your right. If you are going to provide advice makes sure you know your right before dishing it out.
    And your justification is you know and some stories your dad tells you. I'm sorry but that is ridiculously weak reasoning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Well you're telling me to do something because you think your right. If you are going to provide advice makes sure you know your right before dishing it out.
    And your justification is you know and some stories your dad tells you. I'm sorry but that is ridiculously weak reasoning.
    What if it happen to my dad? but I won't share it. Quran is one of the reason I believe in it but again you don't considered scientific proof. Do you need to see god in order for you believe in him? like wind you can't see it but it's there or you ancestry you haven't seen them but they were once alive.

ReputationRep:
    What if it happen to my dad? but I won't share it. Quran is one of the reason I believe in it but again you don't considered scientific proof. Do you need to see god in order for you believe in him? like wind you can't see it but it's there or you ancestry you haven't seen them but they were once alive.
    Then that is not enough reason for me to believe.

You've provided no scientific proof, only the Quran as proof which conveniently uses itself as proof.

No I need evidence. There is evidence for wind, I can test it and prove it exists. Could I do the same for God?

If I wanted to look into my ancestry I could, there is hard scientific evidence, documents that I could look at and prove I am related.

That cannot be done for God

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Then that is not enough reason for me to believe.

You've provided no scientific proof, only the Quran as proof which conveniently uses itself as proof.

No I need evidence. There is evidence for wind, I can test it and prove it exists. Could I do the same for God?

If I wanted to look into my ancestry I could, there is hard scientific evidence, documents that I could look at and prove I am related.

That cannot be done for God
    If it did, we would all be believers and this world would not be a test.

http://www.missionislam.com/science/book.htm
    What about these scientific proof?

Tell me some other books people can memorize withn 2 years more or less?

ReputationRep:

As even I can get up a random website refuting pretty much all of those

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific...the_Qur'an

I could memorise a book of poetry that is the same length as the Quran in two years, if I took the same approach I did when I memorised the Quran.

ReputationRep:

I just wanted to know if you could refute any of the reasons why i left islam:

By following basic philosophical reasoning i saw absolutely no reason to believe in the existence of the soul and found no evidence at all to support the claims of the existence of god. And by reading the Quran and other religious texts i realized that the overarching trend was one that exploited natural human emotions of fear about the unknown (i.e death, consciousness, existence. etc) for either a mutual acceptance of ignorance so that the anxiety of existentialism would not be a problem that the people would have to deal with. Or a more simple reason, a basic desire for power by those who profess to be their prophets.

Furthermore, the exploitation of the supposed, "perfect words of god", is ironic as each person would perceive the Quran in their own individual way and would therefore entail that the words within it to be understood differently and therefore invoke different ideas to different people, hence rendering the perfection obsolete, as there cannot be multiple forms of the Perfect word.

Another such imperfection which i feel is attributable to most religions is the narcissistic nature of a Omnipotent and Omniscient being. For instance, a good truly powerful being would have no need, first of all to call us into being, and then to tell us to worship him/her and instill such strict guidelines that stretch from the dangers of Homosexuality to the belief that we are the true believers of god. Such petty features do not appear to me to be the words of a truly divine entity. To instill in humanity such traits as sexual urges and then to call for them to be repressed for the sake of a God which is so powerful that it would seem he would be above the desire to even be acknowledged by his creations seems largely flawed and the reasoning,to me, non-existent

Oh and on a side note, what do you think about the effect of quantum mechanics causing statistical uncertainties with relation to 'free will'?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.