The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Lool she has no argument, starts calling people names and labels can't take the same treatment now wants me kicked of the thread lol you could not make this up.

Anyone who can read English can see who the bully is here.

She has called me a child, crazy than the big one Uncle Tom and am the aggressor in her mind what a wacko.
Reply 321
Original post by Rlove95
I don't think talking would help cause it'd only be encouraging people to elaborate on how horrible black girls(or whatever race they would never date - most likely black girls in this case) are, which never ends well. But it's nice that you tried.

I think talking could help a lot, of course we need more action but, you make due with what you have.
Original post by Sopheea
I think talking could help a lot, of course we need more action but, you make due with what you have.

Fair enough. I don't really understand what the talking and action is supposed to do but if you feel like its needed then fair enough.
Reply 323
(Original post by Sopheea)
Tbh you sound like a crazy person.

What are you even talking about with this exposing thing. Whabuyt do you want here??? You didn't even hav an argument, am i the only one seeing this. You're here to accuse not talk intelligently. Stop assuming things about a person you've never met.

Honestly you're not making any sense all I'm hearing from you is I'm an uncle tom with a low self esteem, and I've said i hear ya, so what else do you want, if you've achieved your goal and you hate the thread so much why are you still here?

I wonder if I'm the only one that doesn't know where i called anyone other than myself an uncle tom
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 324
Original post by Sopheea
Yea i get that, both sides of an argument will be upset, but, at least I'm hoping people could try to talk calmly without accusing each other of random things not related to the thread. Its a long shot but a girl can try

Controversial thread poster has a hissy fit about being critically analysed within her controversial thread.
Reply 325
Original post by Mancini
Controversial thread poster has a hissy fit about being critically analysed within her controversial thread.

to be honest this threads brought out some of the crazy insecure psycho women
Reply 326
Original post by Rlove95
Fair enough. I don't really understand what the talking and action is supposed to do but if you feel like its needed then fair enough.

Well its a work in progress, I'm still young, and i still have a lot of learning to do, but I'm hopeful that soon people will learn to understand each other better
Reply 327
Original post by fojodef
to be honest this threads brought out some of the crazy insecure psycho women

For sure but I think it's great that it's out in the open for people to see for themselves the behaviour of insecure and potentially mentally unstable members of society.

It's always a positive to spread awareness of such an important issue.
I'll honestly date any ethnicity, as long as they are attractive to me, and they are a nice individual.

We don't control the chemical processes and reactions in our brains. We can however choose to ignore them, due to prejudices.

The only attributes, other than personality I have a preference for are green eyes (intensely green) and an Irish accent.
Original post by Rlove95
Agreed with most of your post except the weave bit. You just said never change your hair for anyone then went on to say 'stop wearing weaves, they are nasty, most men hate them. Bit contradictory. Why should we stop wearing weaves just cause 'most men hate them' shouldn't we do what makes us feel more comfortable? Shouldn't people make their own decisions about what they want to do with their own hair?

Stop wearing weaves because they are nasty I said! And then I added about men not liking them. Firstly weaves are nasty and unhealthy. After a few weeks they move with your head. They look like someone has just stuck twigs on top of your head. It looks really, really bad. If that's one thing I'm ashamed about with black women is weaves.
Weaves are not comfortable. They are horrible. If you want a healthy head of your own hair that matches a Remy weave then you have to stop wearing them. They are so unhealthy. A relaxer is bad but I feel weaves are worse because of the negative psychological aspects that come with constantly wearing one. Tracks are different as its not the whole head. Also weaves aren't your own hair they are either someone else's hair or synthetic hair. If you bought it, it doesn't mean is grew out of your scalp.

I call them stick weaves because they stick out in the air and don't flow. Lol!
Original post by Ambrosia_angel
Stop wearing weaves because they are nasty I said! And then I added about men not liking them. Firstly weaves are nasty and unhealthy. After a few weeks they move with your head. They look like someone has just stuck twigs on top of your head. It looks really, really bad. If that's one thing I'm ashamed about with black women is weaves.
Weaves are not comfortable. They are horrible. If you want a healthy head of your own hair that matches a Remy weave then you have to stop wearing them. They are so unhealthy. A relaxer is bad but I feel weaves are worse because of the negative psychological aspects that come with constantly wearing one. Tracks are different as its not the whole head. Also weaves aren't your own hair they are either someone else's hair or synthetic hair. If you bought it, it doesn't mean is grew out of your scalp.

You went on to say 'Most men of all races hate them' (which isn't even true majority of guys say they prefer natural hair but when it comes down to it they'll go approach the girl with long weave than the girl with natural hair.)

Okay you don't like weaves. I get that. Why should I stop wearing them because you think they are nasty ? I don't they think they are, I've never felt nasty in my weave and I think this whole 'psychological debate' about weave is stupid. People just trying to make a big deal out of nothing, its hair, it doesn't make you who you are, its like an accessory, something you add to make yourself look nicer, why are people trying to ostracise people for what they do with their own head, focus on your own head and stop worrying about other people's heads.

It is my hair, it might not be my natural hair but its what's on my head and I have every right to put whatever I want on my head, I have every right to make that decision. Not wearing weave doesn't make you special neither does wearing weave. Its exactly the same as make-up or tan or whatever, it isn't such a big deal. Show me a reputable psychological study (not something from a few holier than thou natural hair advocates off youtube) that actually confirms that weave has a negative psychological effect?
(edited 9 years ago)
I will be honest, I am a 5000 meters guy myself, but I have been known to eye up the occasional 2500 or 10k runner.

I just don't think I could ever bring myself to date a Marathon runner or a sprinter though.

If that makes me Racist, then I just don't care.
Original post by Rlove95
You went on to say 'Most men of all races hate them' (which isn't even true majority of guys say they prefer natural hair but when it comes down to it they'll go approach the girl with long weave than the girl with natural hair.)

Okay you don't like weaves. I get that. Why should I stop wearing them because you think they are nasty ? I don't they think they are, I've never felt nasty in my weave and I think this whole 'psychological debate' about weave is stupid. People just trying to make a big deal out of nothing, its hair, it doesn't make you who you are, its like an accessory, something you add to make yourself look nicer, why are people trying to ostracise people for what they do with their own head, focus on your own head and stop worrying about other people's heads.

It is my hair, it might not be my natural hair but its what's on my head and I have every right to put whatever I want on my head, I have every right to make that decision. Not wearing weave doesn't make you special neither does wearing weave. Its exactly the same as make-up or tan or whatever, it isn't such a big deal. Show me a reputable psychological study (not something from a few holier than thou natural hair advocates off youtube) that actually confirms that weave has a negative psychological effect?

The thing is I didn't say natural hair over weaves. Your said natural hair. Which is extremely interesting. Why would you suggest guys choosing weaves over natural hair when that wasn't the debate?

Firstly I said if you want a real healthy head of hair. You can grow your own Remy weave if you took care of your hair. You can straighten your natural hair and have it flow like Remys or you can relax it which is worse due to all the breakage that is inevitable. (Here's a tip to help you because I'm a nice person. Look up the natural beauty tms hair system.)

Secondly MOST GUYS do not like weaves. You can't wash your hair for two months + or however long you keep them in. They look like sticks have just been stuck on your head.

Thirdly you went on attacking me about natural hair and I have no issue with straight hair. I love straightening hair when its MY hair. I love straighten my hair till its flowing and soft. We all know that having a head of your own beaut hair is better than any weave so why deny it. Psychologically any women would feel more confident with her own real hair then having to wear weave to achieve that look. If you want me to give you some tips then I can. Despite my dislike of weaves I was in the same situation struggling with my hair so I know how it feels. Now my hair is thick and grows so fast that I have no need to second glance fake hair again.
(edited 9 years ago)
Jeez how do people find the time to write essays on this stuff...

do you guys like.. not have revision to do? :erm:
The thing is I didn't say natural hair over weaves. Your said natural hair. Which is extremely interesting. Why would you suggest guys choosing weaves over natural hair when that wasn't the debate?

Firstly I said if you want a real healthy head of hair. You can grow your own Remy weave if you took care of your hair. You can straighten your natural hair and have it flow like Remys or you can relax it which is worse due to all the breakage that is inevitable. (Here's a tip to help you because I'm a nice person. Look up the natural beauty tms hair system.)

Secondly MOST GUYS do not like weaves. You can't wash your hair for two months + or however long you keep them in. They look like sticks have just been stuck on your head.

Thirdly you went on attacking me about natural hair and I have no issue with straight hair. I love straightening hair when its MY hair. I love straighten my hair till its flowing and soft. We all know that having a head of your own beaut hair is better than any weave so why deny it. Psychologically any women would feel more confident with her own real hair then having to wear weave to achieve that look. If you want me to give you some tips then I can. Despite my dislike of weaves I was in the same situation struggling with my hair so I know how it feels. Now my hair is thick and grows so fast that I have no need to second glance fake hair again.

Okay most guys in reality would approach the girl with weave over the girl with natural hair/braids/relaxed hair. They must say they hate it but their actions speak differently. Just like how guys say they hate make-up but start drooling over the overly made-up girls on TV. You'll never please everyone and even if you do you might find what they say they want isn't actually what they go for, so its best to do what you want not what guys want. That's why I'm not bothered if most men hate weave.

The texture of black hair isn't the same as the texture of white hair so it doesn't need to be washed as regularly, my hair doesn't go as dirty as quickly and while you have weave on, you can still use dry shampoo. Weave can actually be very good for your hair, my leave out hair is far more damaged than the hair that's always protected by braids and weave, if I always had my hair in a full weave, my hair would probably be a lot longer since its protected. Are you against braids cause weave is exactly the same as braids in terms of keeping your hair locked in.

Thats good for you but that doesn't mean everyone else has to love it too. I'm not trying to convince you to change what makes you feel comfortable so why you trying to convince me to change what I evidently feel comfortable in. Adding psychologically infront of a word doesn't make it anymore psychological. Unless you can back up that claim with a psychological study then it adds nothing to the debate. No thank you I don't need any tips. Once again, do what you please, if not having weave makes you feel more comfortable then good on you but leave us girls who like weaves alone to do what makes us feel comfortable.
Original post by Rlove95
Okay most guys in reality would approach the girl with weave over the girl with natural hair/braids/relaxed hair. They must say they hate it but their actions speak differently. Just like how guys say they hate make-up but start drooling over the overly made-up girls on TV. You'll never please everyone and even if you do you might find what they say they want isn't actually what they go for, so its best to do what you want not what guys want. That's why I'm not bothered if most men hate weave.

The texture of black hair isn't the same as the texture of white hair so it doesn't need to be washed as regularly, my hair doesn't go as dirty as quickly and while you have weave on, you can still use dry shampoo. Weave can actually be very good for your hair, my leave out hair is far more damaged than the hair that's always protected by braids and weave, if I always had my hair in a full weave, my hair would probably be a lot longer since its protected. Are you against braids cause weave is exactly the same as braids in terms of keeping your hair locked in.

Thats good for you but that doesn't mean everyone else has to love it too. I'm not trying to convince you to change what makes you feel comfortable so why you trying to convince me to change what I evidently feel comfortable in. Adding psychologically infront of a word doesn't make it anymore psychological. Unless you can back up that claim with a psychological study then it adds nothing to the debate. No thank you I don't need any tips. Once again, do what you please, if not having weave makes you feel more comfortable then good on you but leave us girls who like weaves alone to do what makes us feel comfortable.

I'm still unsure about why you're going on about natural hair vs weaves. That has nothing to do with what we are talking about? Does saying that make you feel better about your weave? :s

Gosh you really do have self hating issues... I would never challenge natural curly hair against weaves! I was referring to real hair that is straightened with a flat iron or relaxed.

Why did me saying weaves are nasty and that men don't like them spur you on to say men like weaves more than natural hair..? I have natural hair but when I wear it straight it is a lot better than any weave. I can run my finger through it ten times over.

This thread is really sad tbh. It just brings out the truth in people.
Reply 336

Sometimes I see black women touching and playing with their weave as if it's their own I find it very weird when it's not even their own hair like another poster wrote for them its an accessory so how do you have any real connection with it? You won't find someone with real hair describe it as an accessory, I think it's more of a disguise to conceal their true selves, their true selves which they are not very happy about.
Original post by Mancini
Sometimes I see black women touching and playing with their weave as if it's their own I find it very weird when it's not even their own hair like another poster wrote for them its an accessory so how do you have any real connection with it? You won't find someone with real hair describe it as an accessory, I think it's more of a disguise to conceal their true selves, their true selves which they are not very happy about.

I have to agree. I love straight hair but not weaves. We have our own hair so why wear a whole head of fake hair? Its definitely a cover. It's very odd that what I mentioned then started go onto the path of men find weaves better than natural hair? The thing is I like all hair wether its a curly afro or thin and wavey. I just think that more thought should be put onto the reasons why someone loves to wear a whole head of other people's hair on a daily basis with no specific reason?

My hair is not an accessory. It is considered a major part of my beauty...

Do you like weaves? Not the sort that beyonce or Naomi Campbell wear (even thought I'm pretty sure they wear lace fronts). The type that you see black women wearing daily. The ones that moves with their head.
Reply 338
Original post by fojodef
oh dear. you didnt make a mistake and misquote me. your just crazy.

you are narcissistic. out of all the stuff i wrote in my last response to you, you pick the one thats a comment about how you look.

all you had to do was say you are attractive and that men show interest you. that would of been a much more classy way of illustrating the point.

instead you wrote two paragraphs about how men just cannot get over how life shatteringly out of this world you look. adding layer upon layer of an already saturated point. hence your revelling.

its also sad that your so focused on what non black men think of you. clearly your looking for acceptance. especially with your kerry washington comparison. out of all the women with her skin tone you pick her who is famous for her role in a series entirely based on her interracial affair.

where are you? where in the uk has so many men that behave like this towards women?

i dont think its beauty that makes men behave in such a disrespectful manor. its usually lust. they wouldnt be doing it if they didnt think they had a chance of getting you. so clearly a lot of men think your easy for what ever reason.

to be honest. i dont believe you.

i used to work in photography as an assistant to a well known photographer and also did a little myself as well when i was living in london. models were essentially my colleagues and they never spoke of experiencing these things. so either you have some weird magical power of attraction or your making it up. or you live in some hole of a place thats full of leerish undignified men.

where are you getting it from that i think black women are ugly?

at no point have i claimed they are. in fact i've said quite the opposite.

i know your insane. so its hard to follow logic. but i'll try to break it down.

you cannot find me saying i think black women are ugly. FACT
you cannot find me saying that i think your a whore simply because you are black. FACT

in case you havent noticed. women dont often get treated like that. there might be an incident but nowhere near to the same bizzarre level your talking about and i think most of the girls in here would agree.

do you know the difference between you being treated like a curb crawler.
and me saying that your a whore cause your black?

that is so ridiculously outrageous NO WONDER you have ended up in the church. if anyone needs jesus. its you. maybe he can fix ur crazyness.

i mean... black women are all whores? really?

by the way. telling me your christian means NOTHING to me.
"are you lieing?" "of course not im a christian" <do you realise how stupid that sounds. cause thats how you sound.

oh god... we've got someone who quotes scripture...

just a tip. if you want people to believe that you are modest. i wouldnt go on and on and on about it like your trying to cover up something. it seems suspicious. your so insacure that you cant just say. "no i dont dress like that" you have to tell me your outfit? and then also quote the bible and say your a christian and its because of that yea? not like your own good sense. its the bible yea? cool.

so. with all your insane accusations. you decide that the one thing you will even CONSIDER referencing the fact that i spoke about black women being viewed as sexual objects. the reason you consider referencing this is probably because its the only thing you've accused me of that is true.

but even then u've messed that up.

i did not say that I myself view black women as sexual objects.
i spoke about black women being portrayed as and viewed as sexual objects by the media. the men treated you as a sexual object. and im not one of them.

more capslock and crazy.

ok so let me get this straight
i think i am superior because im white?
i think black women are whores and sexual objects?
i also think they are ugly?
but i also want a black partner?

riiiiight.

fact is. your a lier. you've just made a load of stuff up.

stick to your bible and hating mixed race people cause they take away your light skin superiority complex (which others have noted as you can see)

argue with me like an adult.
and not some emotional wreck.

make points.
real points.
points made from real things i have said?

i would also recommend you get some counselling

Those lines I have put in bold illustrate what I am addressing here perfectly the levels of narcissism and the obsession with their external self which these women including the thread poster portray the physical self is ever important. Instead of focusing on their personalities which at times for them can be really disgusting all energy is poured into defending their beauty their external outlook.

Than that anonymous poster as so many are in here, which I guess you need to be when you are somewhat deluded. Goes on to use Kerry Washington an American black woman as an example of beauty Kerry Washington a black woman who some can describe as simply a black example who passes western beauty standards yet at the same time these posters will complain about western beauty standards?

Also what does it tell you that a black women who plays a Caucasian males concubine in her show Scandal is an example of beauty to her? shows you what kind of media they consume.

''For some African American women, the scripting of a professional African American woman being treated somewhat like Sally Hemings, the concubine and corporate property of President Thomas Jefferson, is scandalous.''

Barbara Reynolds- www.washingtonpost.com

Another anonymous poster earlier mentioned an obscure black princess of Liechtenstein Princess Angela , wife to a Prince of Liechtenstein as an example of a successful black women. Why is it that in both these examples Kerry Washington and Princess Angela they are both western examples of black beauty and they are both attached to Caucasian men?

Not that I have anything against Princess Angela its just the fact that she is being used foolishly by the anonymous poster as an example of a successful black women simply cause she married a Caucasian Prince. sure she also mentioned some of Princess Angela's early business successes but lets face it if Princesses Angela was not married to a Caucasian Prince she would have not even been mentioned by her.

Could it be that that is these black women's goal overall is to capture the heart and attention of a Caucasian male?

Every example they post is about painting themselves as worthy of Caucasian male admiration even in the form of a concubine. To be successful for them is to gain Caucasian male admiration.

Once again the idea of needing to be validated by a Caucasian male pops up again, attention from Caucasian males is very important to them. I should not have to say this but I am not talking about all black women not even all the ones that date or want white men but its probably likely in a large majority of them this white male attention craving traits exist.

I guess I understand at least a part of where this behaviour traits comes from the white male being an example of success in the western world which is quite obvious, don't think I should have to mention it. For a particular type of black woman for them to be attached to one must feel like a great accomplishment even if it has to be in the form of a concubine.

It somehow proves to them that they are not unattractive, not below western beauty standards they are as good as all the other women who can bag a Caucasian male.

I hope people don't see this as me bashing black women or Caucasian males I am all for people coming together, however, the initial poster did say this thread is about understanding people and so I think bringing this issue to light is an important part of this discussion.
(edited 9 years ago)
lol that racist guy is still arguing with everyone. Left this thread days ago and he's still carrying on lel.

Latest

Trending

Trending