Scroll to see replies

Hoping for: AAA
Expecting: BBB-BBC
Rip them open
Cry. Call the Uni's on my prepared list
Reply 321
With a chainsaw
Original post by aprocrastinator
Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, General Studies and Further Maths AS.

Medicine at Cambridge so UMS is pretty important!

I've done those exact 6 AS levels, plus an EPQ, which I'm still working on.

What are you going to drop next year? Good luck with the medicine application! I'm also looking to apply to Cambridge - for Nat Sci though - have any colleges caught your eye?
Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, General Studies and Further Maths AS.

Medicine at Cambridge so UMS is pretty important!

haha wow, that's amazing. An A in all those...

btw do Cambridge look at your work experience and stuff, or just your grades?
Original post by The Room Student
AS or A2 results?

What are you hoping for?

What are you expecting?

How will you open them?

How will you celebrate / react?

AS or A2 results? AS

What are you hoping for? AAAA

What are you expecting? I'm predicted the above but I could easily get between AAAA and ABBC (Or less :s-smilie:)

How will you open them? Nervously

How will you celebrate / react? I'll most likely be disappointed so i'll probably be extremely quiet and grumpy for ages
AS or A2 results? AS Maths C1

What are you hoping for? I just need to pass

What are you expecting? I think I failed...I'm pretty sure I've failed (it was hard)

How will you open them? How else do you open an envelope

How will you celebrate / react? Not sure but I'll be going straight to work afterwards.

I'm doing maths A level completely self-taught over 3 years just so I can get onto a Masters. I hope I passed so that I can get one of them out the way but already halfway through learning 2 more modules for next years batch. (Why'd they get rid of January exams? :frown: ) I got AAB 5 years ago at A-level and several A*'s at GCSE so it's been hard trying to get my head round that I might get an E but it's ok, cos I just need to say I've passed (I think).
I can imagine myself getting to school and lookig at my a2 results in the envelope and then bursting into tears before seeing them! I genuinely have no idea how im going to be able to force myself to open them

Posted from TSR Mobile
AS or A2 results?
AS

What are you hoping for?
ABB
Maths: A
ICT: B
Accounting: B

What are you expecting?
ABC
Maths: A
ICT: B
Accounting: C

How will you open them?
Just go to school and open them with my friend, the standard way.

How will you celebrate / react?
I won't do anything to celebrate, just go home and tell my mom and dad what I got and that's it really.

I'll be surprised whatever I get probably, although I won't be surprised with an A in maths, but for Accounting it could be anything :frown:.
I've done those exact 6 AS levels, plus an EPQ, which I'm still working on.

What are you going to drop next year? Good luck with the medicine application! I'm also looking to apply to Cambridge - for Nat Sci though - have any colleges caught your eye?

I appear to be the only person not doing an EPQ >:frown:

Nothing! I love all of them! Thank you, you too with Nat Sci! Maybe Downing but I'm not terribly fussy. But probably not Churchill or the colleges that are a bit far out from the city.
Original post by Teddysmith123
I can imagine myself getting to school and lookig at my a2 results in the envelope and then bursting into tears before seeing them! I genuinely have no idea how im going to be able to force myself to open them

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's scary to even think about isn't it! Good luck. What's at stake?
Original post by ubisoft
haha wow, that's amazing. An A in all those...

btw do Cambridge look at your work experience and stuff, or just your grades?

fingers crossed!

yeah they do, but they're not as interested compared to other unis I believe.
I appear to be the only person not doing an EPQ >:frown:

Nothing! I love all of them! Thank you, you too with Nat Sci! Maybe Downing but I'm not terribly fussy. But probably not Churchill or the colleges that are a bit far out from the city.

Haha to be fair, other than it looking good, not doing an EPQ is great news for you. Oh and wow! That's hardcore. Good luck with it!

That's cool, yeah same, of course I'd be more than happy getting into any of them really... except perhaps Robinson haha
Haha to be fair, other than it looking good, not doing an EPQ is great news for you. Oh and wow! That's hardcore. Good luck with it!

That's cool, yeah same, of course I'd be more than happy getting into any of them really... except perhaps Robinson haha

Oh really? Why do you say that? It's just that I feel I may have compromised my chances since many successful medical applicants have EPQs :s-smilie: Haha thank you! I couldn't bear to drop any of them!

Haha I know what you mean... but I'd be grateful to go to any college at Cambridge tbh!
It's scary to even think about isn't it! Good luck. What's at stake?

Yh it's a terrifying thought! I'm hoping to get at least 3A* and 2A'S, but anything that is not a B will suffice! Good luck to you too, I hope you get the results you want!!!!
- A2 results for me.
- Hoping for A*AA.
- Expecting A*BB/ABB.
- I will rip them out of that envelope so fast that my hand and the paper will be a blur.
- I'll be checking Track first thing that morning to see if I made my firm. Assuming I can get on and check, if I've got in I'll jump around with a huge stupid grin on my face. I'll be disappointed if I get ABB because my entry requirements are AAB and I at least want to get that, but have a nasty feeling I may have dropped to a B in physics so hence the ABB feeling. Praying if it happens that I'll still make my firm (Leeds for Microbiology). Would love A* in biology as I felt both written exams went really well, though the EMPA could've gone a bit better. But ehh. As long as I get into my firm, anything else can go.
Oh really? Why do you say that? It's just that I feel I may have compromised my chances since many successful medical applicants have EPQs :s-smilie: Haha thank you! I couldn't bear to drop any of them!

Haha I know what you mean... but I'd be grateful to go to any college at Cambridge tbh!

EPQ is a pain, really, that's all I meant! Haha to be honest you could probably do one over the Summer if you're really keen...

I totally agree :smile: here's hoping!
EPQ is a pain, really, that's all I meant! Haha to be honest you could probably do one over the Summer if you're really keen...

I totally agree :smile: here's hoping!

Yeah I've heard that but Cambridge like it a lot :frown: typical. I missed the deadline for applications at my school though :/ I reckon I could still do it but tbh I'm not really bothered when I have no idea what my question would be!

Yes! Let's hope and try our best :wink:
What I'm expecting anything above an E (AS Level) just to progress to A2 next year
AS or A2 results: A2

What are you hoping for:
A*AA

What are you expecting:
i'm really superstitious so no comment

How will you open them: i'll open my email with my results in from my school at 8am with my mum i think and maybe my boyfriend too which yeah... pressure

How will you celebrate / react: if i get into my firm i'll be ecstatic and run around hugging everything and i'll cry as well. if i don't , that will be a bad bad day
Original post by hotliketea
AS or A2 results: A2

What are you hoping for:
A*AA

What are you expecting:
i'm really superstitious so no comment

How will you open them: i'll open my email with my results in from my school at 8am with my mum i think and maybe my boyfriend too which yeah... pressure

How will you celebrate / react: if i get into my firm i'll be ecstatic and run around hugging everything and i'll cry as well. if i don't , that will be a bad bad day

So you'll hug everything? Your bed? Computer? Lamp? Fridge? I would do that too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest