Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am in Swansea on the 30th for my interview. I have given myself way too much time between my Swansea interview and my SGUL (it was on the 9th). I am looking forward to finding out how my interviews turned out (whether it is an offer or rejection) , I think I am going to enjoy Swansea but preparation is getting frustratingly difficult as I feel like I know my answers to the major interview questions...I guess I am just trying to keep my motivation up. I am super excited to see my fellow TSRs at Swansea, I hope you all do well (but I hope I do slightly better- I am sure you understand why :rolleyes:). X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esthersparklebut)
    I am in Swansea on the 30th for my interview. I have given myself way too much time between my Swansea interview and my SGUL (it was on the 9th). I am looking forward to finding out how my interviews turned out (whether it is an offer or rejection) , I think I am going to enjoy Swansea but preparation is getting frustratingly difficult as I feel like I know my answers to the major interview questions...I guess I am just trying to keep my motivation up. I am super excited to see my fellow TSRs at Swansea, I hope you all do well (but I hope I do slightly better- I am sure you understand why :rolleyes:). X
    Swap SGUL for 15th Jan and this is pretty much me.
    Seen you on the 30th

ReputationRep:
    Do we fill out a DBS form when we go for interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Men)
    Do we fill out a DBS form when we go for interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, Fill it out and out it in an envelope.

ReputationRep:
    Re. photos for the interview. Are there any guidelines in particular?
    Either Swansea or Notts. Can't seem to find much for Swansea's request...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Swap SGUL for 15th Jan and this is pretty much me.
    Seen you on the 30th
    You 2 should feel bad for me!
    SGUL on the 29th and swansea on the 30th!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosser1994)
    You 2 should feel bad for me!
    SGUL on the 29th and swansea on the 30th!
    I did this but the other way around. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Re. photos for the interview. Are there any guidelines in particular?
    Either Swansea or Notts. Can't seem to find much for Swansea's request...
    I think it said, 'passport style.' I just sent a photo I had of my head and shoulders that was taken in the lab for a project, they accepted that okay so I don't think they are too fussy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medicine20134)
    Yes, Fill it out and out it in an envelope.
    Hang on I'm still a little confused. So when I arrive at Swansea for interview they will hand me a DBS form to fill out there and then? Obviously I have the other things to put in an envelope etc and photocopies of stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Swansea was lovely today. Honestly, such a nice, friendly med school. Interview went well, fingers crossed and good luck to all. That video they showed at the beginning helped us relax right? 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Men)
    Hang on I'm still a little confused. So when I arrive at Swansea for interview they will hand me a DBS form to fill out there and then? Obviously I have the other things to put in an envelope etc and photocopies of stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You just fill out the form that lists all of the documents and bring that with you (the one that you received in the email). There is no DBS form on the day; I imagine they leave that until after offers, and then it's done electronically. That's how my employer (an NHS hospital) do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BD7391)
    You just fill out the form that lists all of the documents and bring that with you (the one that you received in the email). There is no DBS form on the day; I imagine they leave that until after offers, and then it's done electronically. That's how my employer (an NHS hospital) do it.
    Okay, brilliant thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify, because I think I remember reading it somewhere but just can't find it, 9:30AM is the arrival time rather than 9:00AM? Is that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify, because I think I remember reading it somewhere but just can't find it, 9:30AM is the arrival time rather than 9:00AM? Is that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No later than 0930. I'd aim for earlier though, if I can get to sleep that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    No later than 0930. I'd aim for earlier though, if I can get to sleep that is.
    What? You had a nap in the middle of the day (the day before you interview) too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esthersparklebut)
    What? You had a nap in the middle of the day (the day before you interview) too?
    Nah, it's just shift work has screwed me up so much :'(

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any ideas when they might send offers out?

ReputationRep:
    They said early march at my day, but also said "similar to last year" which would indicate end of feb /start of march. I hope its not too long!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elle-cc121)
    Anyone have any ideas when they might send offers out?
    Asked today, said they'd have them all sent out by the 1st of March

ReputationRep:
    Asked today, said they'd have them all sent out by the 1st of March

Being impatient as usual, I've been attempting to calculate the time it takes for them to collate the results, rank us all and send out offers. Does anyone know if we'll hear from ucas or swansea first?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.