Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by excal9)
    cool thanks, so it sounds as if you only get invited if you're going to get an offer? (I'm off on the 12th)
    For life sciences, 96% of last year's interviewees got an offer.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlt26)
    Sent my UCAS off on Friday, got an acknowledgement from Manchester on Monday.

Applied to: Cell Biology with 1 year industrial/research placement (4 years)
    Typical offer: AAB-ABB

I'm predicted A*AB but I got ABC at AS... not sure whether if they consider me what my offer will be? Think I may need to be interviewed as well?

Anyone else applied to this course/heard from Manchester for similar courses?

I'm so impatient, my life revolves around me refreshing track at the moment!!!
    i know this is random, but we have the same AS and predicted grades. ive got an interview coming up. applying for Geology, not really similar aside from the fact that they are sciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlyHigh_er)
    i know this is random, but we have the same AS and predicted grades. ive got an interview coming up. applying for Geology, not really similar aside from the fact that they are sciences
    Aaaah thats so good congrats!! This gives me some hope after all! What were your A, B and C in at AS? I got my A in bio, B in politics and C in chem... the C is a bit of a bummer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Offer for International Business, Economics and Finance
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlt26)
    Aaaah thats so good congrats!! This gives me some hope after all! What were your A, B and C in at AS? I got my A in bio, B in politics and C in chem... the C is a bit of a bummer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A in maths, B in economics and C in chemistry as well. same, a bummer! i actually thought i had done better. i actually got a B in biology as well, but i dropped it. where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    A in maths, B in economics and C in chemistry as well. same, a bummer! i actually thought i had done better. i actually got a B in biology as well, but i dropped it. where else did you apply?
    I didnt have a great teacher last year and if I'm honest I slept in her lessons and crammed about a month before, so I guess the C is partly my fault and partly hers. Chemistry is hard to teach yourself! I'm resitting my unit 2 as I got a D and thats what brought my grade down, so hopefully I can get an A when I resit

I've been quite risky really because I'm not sure whether I can pull off AAB (now I don't even have a politics teacher which is ridiculous and our course has NO TEXTBOOKS!!!) I applied to Manchester, Bristol, Bath, Liverpool and UEA. I got an offer for UEA - ABB

What about you?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlt26)
    I didnt have a great teacher last year and if I'm honest I slept in her lessons and crammed about a month before, so I guess the C is partly my fault and partly hers. Chemistry is hard to teach yourself! I'm resitting my unit 2 as I got a D and thats what brought my grade down, so hopefully I can get an A when I resit

I've been quite risky really because I'm not sure whether I can pull off AAB (now I don't even have a politics teacher which is ridiculous and our course has NO TEXTBOOKS!!!) I applied to Manchester, Bristol, Bath, Liverpool and UEA. I got an offer for UEA - ABB

What about you?
    same, my unit 2 was a C surprisingly so i think i can get an A but my teacher wont predict me that high. oh well. i applied to Bristol, Manchester, UCL, Birmingham (offer ABB) and Durham, to which i dont want to go but just applied anyway. don't even meet the entry requirements of AAA. i really want an offer from Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    same, my unit 2 was a C surprisingly so i think i can get an A but my teacher wont predict me that high. oh well. i applied to Bristol, Manchester, UCL, Birmingham (offer ABB) and Durham, to which i dont want to go but just applied anyway. don't even meet the entry requirements of AAA. i really want an offer from Bristol.
    You're the same as me! I reaaaally want to go to Bristol, but they want AAB and idk how im gonna do it
    Im not sure if they'll take me though, ive heard its ridiculously over subscribed and im at a disadvantage because I only have 3 AS levels! Really hope I hear from my choices soon, I hate the wait!

ReputationRep:
    Got invited to an interview day today! 19th November, for electronic engineering has anyone else been invited for an interview for engineering?

EDIT: forgot about the interviews/offers being displayed on the first page

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllieGCSEs)
    Got invited to an interview day today! 19th November, for electronic engineering has anyone else been invited for an interview for engineering?

EDIT: forgot about the interviews/offers being displayed on the first page

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck. You're now on that list! You might be able to find more interviewees on the engineering forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Good luck. You're now on that list! You might be able to find more interviewees on the engineering forum
    Thanks very much!

ReputationRep:
    Went to Manchester today (just a visit, no interview). Student life is amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heey, even though we're not doing the same course ( I'm applying for philosophy and politics), what are you're predicted grades and is UoM your firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Hi,

This thread is for everyone who applies to, firms, insures and becomes a fresher at Manchester, starting September 2014! This is the place to find other applicants for your course, and to chat about applying to Manchester.

First though, I'd like to draw your attention to some really useful resources on TSR
    General FAQ
    Accommodation FAQ
    If you've got any questions that are related to those resources, it's generally best to post in those threads

Good luck with your applications and A2 results! :^_^:

Offers and Interviews so far:
    Firmers in red and insurers in blue :awesome:
    Accounting and Finance: KForshaw
    Anatomical Sciences with a Modern Language: Interview: VK96
    Ancient History: alex1428bolton
    Ancient History and Archaeology: Ealium
    Biochemistry (interview): William Turtle, alephcipher, turnedbrain, Sunneth. Offer: _FDarr13
    Biological Science (interview): LilyElise
    Biology: Interview: Biologist0. Offer: MarkProbio
    Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering: Marrok
    Biomedical Science (interview): Tayla013, thisisjessyeah, Beck1995, Areesha, ilikebigbuttshaha. Offer: kinz96, smajid.
    Chemical Engineering: Interview: <*(((><, zeb786, x-Sophie-x. Offer: AquisM, Jannie10, crlynswkylyn, Heisenberg112, JustTesting
    Chemistry: Nitrogen, tea&biscuits<3
    Classics: Alistair373
    Cognitive Neuroscience and Psychology (interview): annie_
    Dentistry: see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._Stalking_Page
    Drama (interview): rnorfolk1
    Economics BA(Econ): NewtoTSR, Southpaw Wolf
    Economics BEconSci: MissAF01
    Electronic Engineering: Interview: OllieGCSEs
    Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation Year: Mclaren96, Justcuriousyaknow
    European Studies with German (interview): PromiseKim
    French and Spanish: hrsharp
    Geography (interview): hmc96, Hatman
    Geology: FlyHigh_er
    German and Russian (interview): iamnotthewalrus
    German Studies (interview): PromiseKim
    History: TheHairyOne, sandaman27
    History of Art: jdbyrne, georgiehewitt03, christine123
    International Business, Finance and Economics: arco1996
    Law with Criminology: aliakhan
    Linguistics: harrym96
    Maths and Actuarial Science: Faye_m
    Mechanical Engineering: amyymmmm, nataash
    Mechanical Engineering with Management: ShayanM
    Medicine: see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2443505 and http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2501021 and http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...age_2014_entry
    Microbiology: Interview: Andaxay
    Neuroscience: Interview: ellecttric, CharlotteeeeS
    Nursing (adult): Interview: whitab, Graciebobs. Offer: xx-Samantha-xx
    Nursing (child): Interview: dippers. Offer: charlsmith
    Philosophy: aishamarie
    Physics: Interview: alow, King Hotpie, sofi.durward, mjmmwoohoo, excal9. Offer: Goods, muonz, Movethemoon
    Politics and IR: Anthony_SK, EleanorKeats
    Politics and Modern History: Temoo, powersurge
    Politics, Philosophy and Economics (PPE): ffionm, StartingTheParty, bendulem, hitch22, magicmuggle, constanzev, KANTtouchthis123, mikele, Tilllzzzzzzz
    Psychology: WannaGetAnA, KayleighR26
    Social Anthropology: colle009, marm-alade
    Zoology (interview): chloescottt, blueboa

NB this doesn't include people who have applied but not yet heard back. Last updated 1/11/13, post #330
    I have an offer for Law (AAA).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felixdez)
    Congratulations! I've added you to the list. As far as I'm aware, aliakhan is the only other person on TSR with a Manchester law offer though :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    haha thanks there must be more somewhere!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjmmwoohoo)
    Thanks!

Yeah I got that and then about a week later I got my invitation in the post. I wasn't emailed about the interview which surprised me a bit.

I've got an A* in maths already and I'm predicted A*A*A in physics, chemistry and further maths respectively. I doubt I'll get that chemistry grade though.

Thanks! Hopefully you get an interview too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    finally got invited for an interview in the post this morning - so relieved!
    have you had your's yet? let me know how it goes!
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlt26)
    You're the same as me! I reaaaally want to go to Bristol, but they want AAB and idk how im gonna do it
    Im not sure if they'll take me though, ive heard its ridiculously over subscribed and im at a disadvantage because I only have 3 AS levels! Really hope I hear from my choices soon, I hate the wait!
    In love with Bristol as well, my course is also AAB but because of the contextual offer, im hoping to get the ABB offer. i dont think my course is particularly oversubscibed, but i hope we both get an offer! why did you not do 4?

ReputationRep:
    Whoooohooo!!! Finally!! :mmm:Someone else has got an offer- i was beginning to feel lonely xx :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, if you don't mind me asking, when did you get it?

I'm panicking a bit now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.