Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was talented want to make a home made present for someone and they're really awesome and lovely and I want to make them something great that matches their awesomeness, but I'm not good at crafts so whatever I makes I'll be crap and probably disappoint them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosasaurr)
    true idk.. it might be. I have depression and thats confirmed but I could just be making myself paranoid. I know I'll be fine when I'm back at uni and working though. I miss not learning

oh god I know! Doctor google is the worst one of my friends was convinced I had meningitis the other day.

it was a bad headache combined with being a little cold
    Yeah i have diagnosed depression anxiety and paranoia :woo:

Youl be fine just nerves about new stuff and excitement

Yeah before i got my paranoia diagnosis i was convinced it was psychosis, dr google is not a good idea!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    I wish I was talented want to make a home made present for someone and they're really awesome and lovely and I want to make them something great that matches their awesomeness, but I'm not good at crafts so whatever I makes I'll be crap and probably disappoint them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Prehaps just make them a card, remember its the thought you put into it that counts!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I want a new hobby to do to take my mind off bad things that keep going through my head. I'm playing football on Tuesday but I want more to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweetNothing)
    I want a new hobby to do to take my mind off bad things that keep going through my head. I'm playing football on Tuesday but I want more to do.
    Learn a language? Generally libraries have books on learning languages so you wouldn't even have to pay to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Prehaps just make them a card, remember its the thought you put into it that counts!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know the thought counts but they deserve something great though this brings up the wider problem of me having no talents or skills (apart from being good at lying but that's not something to be proud of)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Learn a language? Generally libraries have books on learning languages so you wouldn't even have to pay to do it.
    Far better way to learn a language is play computer games and voicechat with everybody :p: That's pretty much how I speak Swedish and Portuguese!

Got the same issue. Nothing to do till uni starts. Remember back in school I just played sports 24/7. I want to join the rockclimbing centre, but it's so expensive :/ I want to volunteer more too, but don't want to let ppl at! Can I come play footy with you?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    I know the thought counts but they deserve something great though this brings up the wider problem of me having no talents or skills (apart from being good at lying but that's not something to be proud of)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Male or female? If it's female, bake them chocolate with a cast, so it says something cool or special!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Male or female? If it's female, bake them chocolate with a cast, so it says something cool or special!
    I think this is a good idea but I wouldn't limit it to females - men like cookies and muffins and all that too

(I have a great recipe for berry muffins if you're interested Odd Socks )

ReputationRep:
    I think this is a good idea but I wouldn't limit it to females - men like cookies and muffins and all that too
    Aye we do, but if it's a guy, something like a engine kit or a wooden model ship etc might be cooler! Or taken out to dinner with the cookies for afters :yes:

ReputationRep:
    That sounds a good idea I'll go to the library tomorrow thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tonight is NOT the best night for insomnia to strike! Up at like 6am and at this rate ill need a bucket of makeup to look a little bit alive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Tonight is NOT the best night for insomnia to strike! Up at like 6am and at this rate ill need a bucket of makeup to look a little bit alive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Eek! Perhaps you need a coffee drip

This thread seems kinda manageable and safer at this time of night :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Got the same issue. Nothing to do till uni starts. Remember back in school I just played sports 24/7. I want to join the rockclimbing centre, but it's so expensive :/ I want to volunteer more too, but don't want to let ppl at! Can I come play footy with you?!
    Yeah you can come play footy with me! More hobbies for me then!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can come play footy with me! More hobbies for me then!
    Where are you? :p: Be warned I play rough. Ultra competitive streak!

Gotta fire up my teleport machine to get there. Hope it's still in working order.

ReputationRep:
    lodger snoring. cant sleep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    morninggg anyone there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Where are you? :p: Be warned I play rough. Ultra competitive streak!

Gotta fire up my teleport machine to get there. Hope it's still in working order.
    I'm mega competitive as well and north east is where I'm at so get your teleport there!

(Original post by rock_climber86)
    morninggg anyone there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Morning!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how to tell my wife that I'm struggling and really need her support.

I told her I'm scared and she tickled me then went back to her game. I am scared and the voices are being really loud, but I don't want to get tickled, I want a hug and someone to listen to me.

ReputationRep:
    I've had no sleep all night, just really want a cup of tea now.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.