UCL offer holders 2015 thread Watch

ak2015
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pin1234)
Yeah you should do! 100% what about you? And have you applied for straight maths?
Cool! I actually applied for maths with econ. I would love to go to UCL so if I get an offer I might see you next year!
tsbloodyeliot
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NatRichmond)
Anyone living in london at the moment having doubts about UCL because of wanting to experience 'life outside of London'.
Yeah and I live in Islington so pretty near the campus as well. I guess London's quite big and varied so even if you live in a slightly different area from before it's a completely different experience
aersh8
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anybody firming the AWESOME biomedical engineering course? :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pin1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ak2015)
Cool! I actually applied for maths with econ. I would love to go to UCL so if I get an offer I might see you next year!
Same I was soooo happy when the offer came through. Yeah good luck!
MickeyL0912
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Choyster54)
Hahaha London is definitely a vibrant city: full of culture and and full of great things to do. My negativity is only because:
a) I've lived here all my life (17 years) and will probably want to work here in the future
b) I'm not the partying sort of person (though I am an extrovert according to MBTI!)
c) Some areas are physically really quite...well.....ahem

I definitely hope you enjoy yourself here
(And you'll also be having a great education at UCL too whilst you're at it :P)

btw: out of interest, did you apply to Oxford too?
I see.

Yes I did, I applied to Queen's College.
mellow_fellow
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
anyone applied for a modern languages plus course? i don't know how popular it is as a course, so i was hoping for a reply by now... the one i applied for is especially not popular i suspect (english and german).
mirtho
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone received an offer for IMB? (Information Management for Business)
NatRichmond
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Choyster54)
Yes! I have an offer for medicine. Arguably London is the best place to study it (with probably the exception of Cambridge). And UCL is a brilliant uni; the students all seem friendly too. But I think this city is a craphole :'(

I am having regrets not applying to Imperial and thus experiencing life in South Ken lol (probably shouldn't say this here) .......Aaaah wells

what are you going to do?
Well i really liked bath and that has been my first choice up until the offer. It of obviously a great uni but i dont think the city is that bad haha. i would say that i just wanted to get away an experience life in another place...just get away really. i dont have regrets about imperial as although it may be ranked higher and things...i think UCL is more fun as there is not just scientists but art readers too
NatRichmond
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wnee-hee)
Has anyone that applied end of November received offers? Getting quite restless now
i did and got mine a few days ago, also someone in my school got one yesterday so you wont have to wait much longer...
NatRichmond
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tsbloodyeliot)
Yeah and I live in Islington so pretty near the campus as well. I guess London's quite big and varied so even if you live in a slightly different area from before it's a completely different experience
i know what you mean and people have said that you havent experienced 'the whole of london'...i assume that nightlife is one of the main things. what school do you go to
JZ53E
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by staks)
I have an offer for the neuroscience too!
Congrats!! Do you think you'll firm it?
AnonymousPrince319413
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mirtho)
Has anyone received an offer for IMB? (Information Management for Business)
Yeah I have.
wnee-hee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i did and got mine a few days ago, also someone in my school got one yesterday so you wont have to wait much longer...
Thank you for the reply can I just ask, did your portico status ever change from received to considered?
staks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JZ53E)
Congrats!! Do you think you'll firm it?
I don't know yet I'm waiting for my other universities to reply! Are you??
rollthedice
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ashklins)
Any History, Economics and Politics offers?
No still waiting and I sent my application off in October!
magg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mellow_fellow)
anyone applied for a modern languages plus course? i don't know how popular it is as a course, so i was hoping for a reply by now... the one i applied for is especially not popular i suspect (english and german).
I applied for Modern Languages Plus (English and French), and I have not heard anything yet but I don't think we have anything to worry about since UCL is still accepting applications until the 15th of January
SarahLund
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got an offer for Linguistics today!
Choyster54
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well i really liked bath and that has been my first choice up until the offer. It of obviously a great uni but i dont think the city is that bad haha. i would say that i just wanted to get away an experience life in another place...just get away really. i dont have regrets about imperial as although it may be ranked higher and things...i think UCL is more fun as there is not just scientists but art readers too
Yeah, I was just joking about Imperial too. I'm complaining about London right now, but truth is, I'll probably end up firming UCL since the med course is so good. Ultimately, I'm at uni to work after all :P
NatRichmond
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wnee-hee)
Thank you for the reply can I just ask, did your portico status ever change from received to considered?
i don't think so but portico sucks
mellow_fellow
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by magg)
I applied for Modern Languages Plus (English and French), and I have not heard anything yet but I don't think we have anything to worry about since UCL is still accepting applications until the 15th of January
Phew! At least someone else is going through the same thing the thing is, a friend of mine actually got an offer the other day for french and spanish, so i'm getting a bit restless now.

Is ucl your top choice?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.8%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (700)
47.43%

Watched Threads