Lancaster Offer Holders 2015 Watch

Gro96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Menakshelatte)
I think you should do Newcastle as a firm and Lancaster as an insurance
Yeah, well I'm going to Surrey applicants day on Wednesday so hopefully that will help me decide... I really liked Surrey and Newcastle on open days. I do prefer the location of Surrey, but Newcastle seems to have the better rep.
Gro96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yh it's really up to you to be honest

gd luck
Thanks Well I better get on with some chemistry now! haha
Princepieman
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lancaster's going to be either my first or second. I've applied aston, swansea Notthingham and queen belfast.

I had a job last year lol.

I dunno even £38 is too much for me.

I was gonna apply aberdeen university as well but then i heard the weather is soo bad over there, plus it's really far from home so i said no.
I applied to Nottingham, Loughborough, Edinburgh, Lancaster and Reading. Got rejected by Loughborough and Edinburgh.

My firm choice is Nottingham and my insurance is Lancaster (although Reading gave me an unconditional so I'm looking into them).

Come to Notts!! It will be epicness - I'm going down on Wednesday for an applicant day.

Yeah, it's pretty ****. There isn't a lot of stuff to do either (we have a beach, 3 shopping centres, some castles and a small amusement park), once you've done most of the stuff you've done it all. Aberdeen uni is great for Chemical though.
Catanesi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by steelman1000)
dude you applied to same unis as me haha and definitely Lancaster! (loved it after the applicant day) however, it depends on what you're looking for: if you're looking for a great vibrant city lifestyle then either birmingham or Leicester is the way to go, if you're looking for a balance between social and academic life then Lancaster is great for you. initially, I thought Lancaster was actually isolated but to my realisation it isn't. you just have to go see for yourself but my taste could be different to yours

Posted from TSR Mobile
Academic wise what do you think the differences are between the three? They all have advantages i.e. I know Leicester is the 5th highest for employability and has strong extra curricular activities, whilst Birmingham is part of Russell group and known world wide, Lancaster is highest rank of the two both for law and overall ranking and is a major up and coming institution. Also I was thinking if you are looking to work in some of the major firms in London would their be less opportunity coming from Lancaster then the other two for Geographical reasons maybe?
Princepieman
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by robpara08)
Academic wise what do you think the differences are between the three? They all have advantages i.e. I know Leicester is the 5th highest for employability and has strong extra curricular activities, whilst Birmingham is part of Russell group and known world wide, Lancaster is highest rank of the two both for law and overall ranking and is a major up and coming institution. Also I was thinking if you are looking to work in some of the major firms in London would their be less opportunity coming from Lancaster then the other two for Geographical reasons maybe?
Check this link out:
http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/med...university.pdf

They analyzed graduates who are currently working in city/regional firms. It gives you some insight into how well unis place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Catanesi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
M[QUOTE=Princepieman;53868159]Check this link out:

They analyzed graduates who are currently working in city/regional firms. It gives you some insight into how well unis place.

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

Very useful study. Cheers what do you think to pick for law Leicester/Lancaster (1994 group Unis) or Birmingham (Russell group) ??
Princepieman
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=robpara08;53868885]M
(Original post by Princepieman)
Check this link out:

Very useful study. Cheers what do you think to pick for law Leicester/Lancaster (1994 group Unis) or Birmingham (Russell group) ??
It's up to you really. I'd personally choose Birmingham because it has a decent relationship with law firms and its Russell Group status gives it a bit of a boost.

At the end of the day, you are going to be studying there for 3 years, choose the one you'd most like and will be the most successful at.

No point choosing a uni for prestige if you hate the place or the course. I'd say visit them all and then make a judgement
steelman1000
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=Princepieman;53869045]
(Original post by robpara08)
M

It's up to you really. I'd personally choose Birmingham because it has a decent relationship with law firms and its Russell Group status gives it a bit of a boost.

At the end of the day, you are going to be studying there for 3 years, choose the one you'd most like and will be the most successful at.

No point choosing a uni for prestige if you hate the place or the course. I'd say visit them all and then make a judgement
haha damn right

Posted from TSR Mobile
steelman1000
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=robpara08;53868885]M
(Original post by Princepieman)
Check this link out:

well in my opinion, I don't think being a russell group uni matters much at least for the law department. TBH, quite a lot of unis should be Russell group (e.g St Andrews, bath etc) but if that happened then there won't be any prestige lol. I don't really think my insurance choice liverpool should even be a russell group ( it's soo bad). so i don't really see it as a big deal. I turned down birmingham for lancaster because I like the modules involved and I see it as a great learning environment where I won't get easily distracted like birmingham, whereby there's so much buzzing. also compared them and Lancaster teaches better but they are both really good, it depends on what you like, GOODLUCK!

Posted from TSR Mobile
BethMi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just accepted my place at Lancaster for Geography!!!
shortarse11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just made Lancaster my firm! Got a conditional for Psychology! Anyone else?
annaispastry
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rachelll021)
anybody up for marketing?
Yeah I've firmed it but for a 2016 entry
dancefreak
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yey........got an offer for business studies
PsychGirl_Abii
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got an offer of AAB for psychology and I'm going to the open day on the 7th of march!! So happy, Lancaster is my first choice!!
shortarse11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Same! I've been to the open day though!
fawzi963
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello everyone,
Just thought I would join in and mention my offer at Lamcaster. ABB for mechanical engineering. Congrats to everyone for receiving an offer as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Daniel-
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Offer
k3marty
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Here's a link for a Facebook group for Lancaster 2015 freshers
https://www.facebook.com/groups/338801219653393/
RestlessAcademic
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vlad.Str)
I firmed Lancaster on Marketing and Advertising!

Btw, we have a lancaster freshers group. If you want to join it, here's the link
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1489579324629322/
Hi! I intend to accept the offer in Lancaster for MSc Advanced Marketing Management soon! Do you know of any current students/offer holders for postgraduate marketing courses in Lancaster?
casonang
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jessecon)
I got an offer of AAB for economics at lancaster- then they sent me a letter saying if I firm with them it's unconditional! ����������
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 13 Jul '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads