Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Llewellyn)
Got shot down. Hard.

She wasn't even mean about it, just seemed almost quite apathetic. I kind of wished she had been meaner, would have made it slightly easier to deal with.
So sorry
sliceofcake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm super determined to get a good chunk of this essay done today! I've lacked the motivation for the past couple of days, so hopefully this is the end of it.
Vitamin D
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lab report writing today, need to get the bulk of it done this evening as it's due tomorrow at 8pm 😳

Also have a chemistry test on Friday that I am yet to revise for so basically I've been lazy lately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lilGem
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by paniking_and_not_revising)
I have no idea what they are about but I'm sure they're interesting!

(Original post by BeyondandAbove)
I like Salmonella.
It'll be an interesting project :lol: here's hoping it comes through
Serentonin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Slowbro93)
As someone who had hell with third year, I can tell you that it does get better. There's no point on dwelling with time lost, but instead work on how you can get back up to speed with everything. It can be done and I have faith in you :hugs: Also, is this the same guy that suggested you apply for his PhD? Because if so, he wouldn't have suggested that to you if he thought you were stupid (and he's probably trying to push you to your limit and means well for you :hugs:) Try and really collate your thoughts and it will be okay, I can promise :hugs:

Also, you're not a heartless *****. I can't imagine you like that :hugs:

Inbox is free if you want to vent :hugs:
Thank youu :suith: Been working my arse off today and yesterday and have some promising results for my project, but I'm so behind in exam revision and I've got to go home on friday for my lil bros 21st. Yeaah, is the same guy, I feel like he may regret suggesting the PhD placement currently, but hopefully I can make up for it with the stuff that I've done this week :erm:

Thank you for the support, really does make me feel better about everything :hugs: I hope everythings okay with you! :suith:

(Original post by xoJessicaAnn)
I have similar feelings! Like the poster above said, we cant get any time back so its time to just concentrate now! Sucks when you're thinking about people though... I'm on a countdown to Christmas!
:hugs: guess we've just gotta keep on going! Damn uni, didn't realise it'd be so stressful haha.

(Original post by snailsareslimy)
Nuh uh uh. Babe, you've got this.

Everything is still to play for, you can make it up and you can do ****ing amazing. Just be thankful you're getting into the right mindset now and not January when it might have been too late :hugs:. You are so ****ing smart! You can ace that exam, you've got 2 weeks, you can do it. Just make a plan, prioritise it and live in the library until you're sorted.

Andddd I doubt your supervisor hates you, how could anyone hate you? :awesome:. Srs though, I had a meeting with mine today, she always asks me if I have any questions and I have nothing to say :rofl:. I waffle so much, too! They understand it's quite different to what we're used to, they're not expecting us to be experts on it, so don't worry about it too much :suith:. My diss. is pretty weird so there's not really any material on what I'm doing, which makes it tricky, but at the end of the day, our supervisors agreed to our project, and that itself is awesome. Surely if it was 'too hard' or they didn't think we could do it, they wouldn't supervise it? At the end of the day, a bad diss. would probably reflect badly on them, so they're probably not going to supervise something they think won't be good. He's got faith in you and he's pushing you because he knows you have the ability to nail it.

Don't worry about applications yet, I should be applying now but I'm waiting until January after essays are in because I don't want to explode with stress :rofl:, but seriously, you should apply. And don't worry about the guy you're seeing, either. He sounds lovely and he'll just want you to do well, if you explain to him you need some time out to get this done, he'll give you that (and then you can make up for it later... ).

PM is always open, but I get what you're going through (last week was meltdown central for me :rofl:) and you'll get through it. Keep your head up and you'll be fine xxx
Ahh i love you :suith:

I think I may actually have to move into the library, I do zero work in my house, there's always people around, and as much as I love them all to bits, they're all a massive distraction :erm:

Aha, I guess thats true, you're always so good at making me feel better about stuff haha, I think I'm past crazy meltdown point now, still crazy stressed but it's tolerable haha. I hope you're not too stressed about everything! What are you doing for your diss anyway?

Aha yeah, applications may have to be left until january tbh, think I'll see how exams go first before making a decision...where are you thinking of applying to?

Trueee, the boy is wonderful tbh. We went out for lunch today and we've got bloody crocodile burgers for our tea tonight, he's pretty ****ing amazing tbh. Hows it going with you and your boy?

:suith: xxxxx
Vitamin D
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone sciencey about to help? I'm writing a lab report based on class data but I've also been told to include my own results in the results section. How do I refer to these without saying "these are my results?" as it all has to be written in third person past tense.
rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vitamin D)
Anyone sciencey about to help? I'm writing a lab report based on class data but I've also been told to include my own results in the results section. How do I refer to these without saying "these are my results?" as it all has to be written in third person past tense.
Maybe: 'The results obtained where' or 'The results obtained are as follows:'
Vitamin D
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rayquaza17)
Maybe: 'The results obtained where' or 'The results obtained are as follows:'
Ah that makes sense, thank you. I've written these things before, just clearly a bit rusty
rayquaza17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vitamin D)
Ah that makes sense, thank you. I've written these things before, just clearly a bit rusty
No problem.
WhamBamJam.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wow this is horrible but reading everyone's pain is making me feel so much better. I've literally been at breaking point - working my socks off but still not doing as well as I should cause of lack of time etc.

Wondering why I have a job and why I commute into uni. I have no time to even exercise let alone have some extra time to myself. Surely that's unhealthy? Why do uni torture us so?

I know we just gotta move on, change the future etc etc but there's always that nagging feel that my grades just aren't as good as they could be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
MathsNerd1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just got back. . . Such a LONG day!
MyName??!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by snailsareslimy)
Babeeee, that's so **** PM is always open if you need a chat, I've had my fair share of guys being knobs, we can vent about the sillyness of most males together :suith:
Thank you so much! :hugs:
I haven't talked to him all day next thing I find, is him popping his head into my office to walk me home :love:

He gave me such a long serious talk today, and he said he wanted to be committed though he's afraid of it cos of family experiences. Talked and talked and talked and I had my first kiss today :blush:
He was sure to make it clear that we weren't just friends

--------------------

Anyway! Work. I've finished all given readings plus looked up extra refs. Had a couple of quiz questions thrown at me and I handled them correctly. Thank God! Gaah
It's so hard trying to focus on work with boy problems! :lolwut:
Serentonin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MyName??!)
I haven't talked to him all day next thing I find, is him popping his head into my office to walk me home :love:

He gave me such a long serious talk today, and he said he wanted to be committed though he's afraid of it cos of family experiences. Talked and talked and talked and I had my first kiss today :blush:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay :yy: :suith:
shorttstuff
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

--------------------

Anyway! Work. I've finished all given readings plus looked up extra refs. Had a couple of quiz questions thrown at me and I handled them correctly. Thank God! Gaah
Yaaaay this is so cute! :suith:

Totally understand the feeling when boy problems are the only thing in your mind and put you off your work :erm:
At least it's all sorted now though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
rayquaza17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WhamBamJam.)
Wow this is horrible but reading everyone's pain is making me feel so much better. I've literally been at breaking point - working my socks off but still not doing as well as I should cause of lack of time etc.

Wondering why I have a job and why I commute into uni. I have no time to even exercise let alone have some extra time to myself. Surely that's unhealthy? Why do uni torture us so?

I know we just gotta move on, change the future etc etc but there's always that nagging feel that my grades just aren't as good as they could be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in the same situation. Christmas break isn't far away and we can have some recovery time then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vitamin D
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Busy day today lectures, finish off/upload my lab report, do chemistry prelab stuff, chemistry lab itself and then need to fit in some actual revision for this chemistry test tomorrow. Can't wait to have a break!

Posted from TSR Mobile
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

--------------------

Congratulations
MyName??!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Serentonin)
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay :yy: :suith:
(Original post by shorttstuff)
Yaaaay this is so cute! :suith:

Totally understand the feeling when boy problems are the only thing in your mind and put you off your work :erm:
At least it's all sorted now though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by jelly1000)
Congratulations
:hugs: thanks you guys

---------------

lab work is taking the p*** here! :unimpressed: stupid PCR machine
WhamBamJam.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rayquaza17)
I'm in the same situation. Christmas break isn't far away and we can have some recovery time then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
True, only 2 and a half weeks left for me! Although the nagging feeling of work will be even stronger when I'm at home ALL DAY.

Posted from TSR Mobile
sliceofcake
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
over 1600 words towards the 2500 goal! Stupid career talk thing from 3-4 but I'm hoping I have motivation for me to get some more work in when I come home.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (316)
37.44%
No - but I will (66)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (400)
47.39%

Watched Threads