University of Edinburgh Offer Holders 2015 Thread Watch

olivervick
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by esrioasaoirse)
Will you be firming it? Oh ok that makes me feel better at least, here I was thinking that was my chances out the window! Hahaha at least everyone in Medicine knew at once! Kind of wish they did the same for the other courses, at least the wait wouldn't be as torturous!
I applied for medicine and pharmacology, definitely firming medicine, pharmacology is currently going to be my insurance depending on whether St Andrews give me an offer haha! I'm sure you won't have to wait too much longer to hear from them Would Ed be your first choice?
esrioasaoirse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by olivervick)
I applied for medicine and pharmacology, definitely firming medicine, pharmacology is currently going to be my insurance depending on whether St Andrews give me an offer haha! I'm sure you won't have to wait too much longer to hear from them Would Ed be your first choice?
I've seen a lot of people applying to St Andrews whereabouts is that? Are your offers all unconditional? Well I'm hoping to hear soon anyway! Yeah Edinburgh is undoubtedly my first choice, its my only UK choice (I'm from Ireland so my other choices are here - but they're far below Ed on my list)
olivervick
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've seen a lot of people applying to St Andrews whereabouts is that? Are your offers all unconditional? Well I'm hoping to hear soon anyway! Yeah Edinburgh is undoubtedly my first choice, its my only UK choice (I'm from Ireland so my other choices are here - but they're far below Ed on my list)
St Andrews is a uni about 1h North of Ed, its one of the oldest in the UK and has a great reputation. My offers are conditional because I've not yet finished my A Levels, AAA and ABB respectively. Fantastic choice! I'm in Northern Ireland myself Didn't bother applying in Ireland though, I prefer the mainland.
esrioasaoirse
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
St Andrews is a uni about 1h North of Ed, its one of the oldest in the UK and has a great reputation. My offers are conditional because I've not yet finished my A Levels, AAA and ABB respectively. Fantastic choice! I'm in Northern Ireland myself Didn't bother applying in Ireland though, I prefer the mainland.
Oh OK so your choices are pretty centered around the same area! I'm sure AAA won't be too out of reach for a med applicant
I'm from the south, as in possibly the most southern part of Ireland you could reach, you're probably better off, UCAS is a much fairer system to the CAO.
olivervick
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh OK so your choices are pretty centered around the same area! I'm sure AAA won't be too out of reach for a med applicant
I'm from the south, as in possibly the most southern part of Ireland you could reach, you're probably better off, UCAS is a much fairer system to the CAO.
Ive those two and then Birmingham and London so a pretty random selection but definitely Scotland is my top choice. Where did you apply in Ireland? Yeah... CAO isn't the fairest, and to even have a chance in NI we need to do 4 a levels instead of 3, and for medicine you basically need 4A* :/...
esrioasaoirse
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ive those two and then Birmingham and London so a pretty random selection but definitely Scotland is my top choice. Where did you apply in Ireland? Yeah... CAO isn't the fairest, and to even have a chance in NI we need to do 4 a levels instead of 3, and for medicine you basically need 4A* :/...
Haha its definitely an eclectic mix
I applied to University College Cork and University College Dublin with UCD as my number 1, and NUIG in Galway. Most people enjoy questioning why I'm bothering to go to Scotland. Those people must never have been there because even that's reason enough! I had no idea it was that high in NI that's insane!
coraroc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cumberlordie)
Hi! Italian applicant here! I applied for linguistics, still waiting for Edinburgh to reply though! They're quite slow, aren't they?
Haha, are you really going to study Italian? That's cool!! Why did you choose Italian? I'm curious
Yes they are!! OMG, I saw later in the thread that they are starting to send offers for courses similar to mine :eek:
olivervick
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha its definitely an eclectic mix
I applied to University College Cork and University College Dublin with UCD as my number 1, and NUIG in Galway. Most people enjoy questioning why I'm bothering to go to Scotland. Those people must never have been there because even that's reason enough! I had no idea it was that high in NI that's insane!
Haha you get people like that in Ireland - they don't want to leave home because they haven't a clue what they're missing! Scotland is great for you too because of the heavily reduced fees Yeah... it puts most people off CAO to be honest.
esrioasaoirse
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha you get people like that in Ireland - they don't want to leave home because they haven't a clue what they're missing! Scotland is great for you too because of the heavily reduced fees Yeah... it puts most people off CAO to be honest.
Very true!
Its brilliant and far cheaper than it would be to attend university here! NI have to pay regular fees right?
erossy3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is anyone else concerned about how long the term dates are or just me lol
olivervick
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Very true!
Its brilliant and far cheaper than it would be to attend university here! NI have to pay regular fees right?
Pretty much - some people with Irish parents can get away with EU fees, but it barely works anymore We do however, get a good fee rate down in your country - if anyone can get in hahaha!
esrioasaoirse
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pretty much - some people with Irish parents can get away with EU fees, but it barely works anymore We do however, get a good fee rate down in your country - if anyone can get in hahaha!
Hahaha I think that's the governments attempts to win ye over!
Its admittedly a little unfair that only other EU countries get the Scottish fees paid for them but I'm certainly not complaining!
Rovensie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As an international I'm already used to paying much more... Lucky for those who are on regular fee rate, and definitely more for those who are on Scottish fee rate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
oliwialidia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Finally revieved my offer for psychology! It's been a long wait!
LLa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by oliwialidia)
Finally revieved my offer for psychology! It's been a long wait!
Congrats! I've appIIed for psychology too. Can I ask you if have you chosen MA or BSc course? And which grades did the ask you/did you get? I applied in December, you?
oliwialidia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LLa)
Congrats! I've appIIed for psychology too. Can I ask you if have you chosen MA or BSc course? And which grades did the ask you/did you get? I applied in December, you?
I applied for MA, and I got AAB at AS levels, I was predicted AAA, which is why their offer was a shock for me! My offer from edinburgh is BBB which is just amazing considering Edinburgh is my first choice! I actually applied in November, this has been a long wait!
I hope you get yours soon! What grades did you get?
Amoeni
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Received an unconditional offer for MSc in classical art and archaeology a few days ago!
unicornsexist
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Received an unconditional offer for a MSc in history. I am very relieved but also super stressed now that I have to decide where to go. I have a million questions about Edinburgh but I don't even know where to start haha.
Jemy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is anyone else still waiting for an offer or refusal, because I have submitted my application two days before deadline and gotten an offer from each of the other 4 unis, but Edinburgh has not gotten back to me till now?! Does anybody have an idea wether this a good or bad sign?
LLa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by oliwialidia)
I applied for MA, and I got AAB at AS levels, I was predicted AAA, which is why their offer was a shock for me! My offer from edinburgh is BBB which is just amazing considering Edinburgh is my first choice! I actually applied in November, this has been a long wait!
I hope you get yours soon! What grades did you get?
My grades are only predicted, because I still have to get the exams. So, mine could only be a conditional offer!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.78%
No - but I will (98)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (606)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise