Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, My name is Katherine, and I am here to get the shortcuts on maths, as its very tough for me to understand the algebra, trigonometry, calculus and statistics. So i want to learn the basics shortcuts to solve the problems related to these subjects. And I will also share my trip and tricks with you guys. Thanks to all
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by avengertutor)
    Hello, My name is Jim Marshall, and I am here to get the shortcuts on maths, as its very tough for me to understand the algebra, trigonometry, calculus and statistics. So i want to learn the basics shortcuts to solve the problems related to these subjects. And I will also share my trip and tricks with you guys. Thanks to all
    And yet your profile says your name is Katherine working for a Maths tutoring company?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floraharai)
    Hi! I joined today to get help with choosing a course and applying to university.
    Hi, welcome to :tsr:

How are you finding your university application yet?

You might want to check out a few articles/forums, that are here to help you

Help choosing a subject

Applications and UCAS

Personal Statement Library (For a bit of inspiration)

Using UCAS

Accommodation policies

Money and Finance Forum

What to take to University

Hopefully you find something useful there, and good luck with your application

If you need any help just quote me here and I will respond as soon as possible.
    (Original post by Amandeep :))
    Hiii, I'm new here todayy and 16! I've joined because i'll be starting a levels in september and hopefully i can come here for help.

You might want to check out the A-Level Forum. There you will be able to make threads about your studies, or ask about what A Levels will be like. If you need help with a specific subject, you can also visit the Study Help forum.

There are also plenty of learning resources that you can use to help you study. These resources are made by students, for students to use

If you have any questions about using the site, let me know.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have just joined today.

I am studying Adult Nursing this September 2015 @ Sheffield Hallam University.

Anyone else for September's intake? Hit me up if so!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm Mick. I am just starting a distance learning A Level in English Literature, and spotted a few forum topics which will be useful for the coming year of revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OncologyNurse89)
    Hey, I have just joined today.

I am studying Adult Nursing this September 2015 @ Sheffield Hallam University.

Anyone else for September's intake? Hit me up if so!!

Have you had a look at the Sheffield Hallam University section yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mickthomas)
    Hi, I'm Mick. I am just starting a distance learning A Level in English Literature, and spotted a few forum topics which will be useful for the coming year of revision.

Have you had a look at the Distance Learning section of the site? May be useful for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avengertutor)
    Hello, My name is Katherine, and I am here to get the shortcuts on maths, as its very tough for me to understand the algebra, trigonometry, calculus and statistics. So i want to learn the basics shortcuts to solve the problems related to these subjects. And I will also share my trip and tricks with you guys. Thanks to all
    Hi, if you're struggling with something write me and I'll help you

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I'm new today!
    I have joined as I am starting at University of Gloucestershire in September and I am on here to get advise and tips!
    I am so nervous about going to a new place and having to make new friends! So hopefully, I can gt a head start on here?

ReputationRep:
    Hi i'm Aya
    i'm a Mass Communication graduate, i want to do postgraduate studies, and i need help with how to choose what is the most suitable for my interests and what is the most suitable university, i enjoy working with Designing, editing, photography, videography, media, movies, cinema.
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jenna,

I have just joined today, I was wondering if you'd mind helping me out and filling in a quick survey, it will take literally 2 minutes...to help with my university project! It would be massively appreciated!! Hope improving your English goes well....

This is the link for the survey:

https://projectdidd.typeform.com/to/oDaOQC

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I just joined today. Is there anyone who can advise me about access course to medicine? I am currently studying accountancy diploma level 4. I always wanted to become a doctor but due to got married and had children I couldn't fulfil my dream. I still have hope that hopefully one day I can fulfil my dream.
    Please help me here and advise me what to do?
    Is there anyone who have children and studying medicien?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm Vashisht - a geeky tutor of Finance and Accounting. I'm here to answer any questions about Finance, Accounting, and Business related modules, at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate, MBA, and/or Professional levels.

I live for all things Finance, and am doing this because I have some spare time. I've spent about 4,200+ hours teaching students across the UK on a 1:1 basis. I charge silly amounts of money for tutoring but hey - it's because I'm bloody good at what I do, even if I say so myself. 70%+ of my students have ended up with a First / Distinction. The rest end up with a 2:1.

I'm looking to do something for free and help students fall in love with Finance and Accounting - they really are beautiful subjects!

Feel free to ask me pretty much anything within the Business School spectrum!

Best,

Vashisht

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Hiya,

Thought I'd just see who had joined today And to say hello, I work in TSR's community team.

What brought you here today?!

Jack
    Hi,
    I'm Lola, and I'm (re)starting a levels in September! I don't really know how to use the site but it seems really helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolariley)
    Hi,
    I'm Lola, and I'm (re)starting a levels in September! I don't really know how to use the site but it seems really helpful
    Hey Lola, welcome to TSR! And good luck with the a level restart I think the best way to use TSR for studying is to start with a few simple things:
    - find the forums and discussion around the subjects you are studying and join in with questions and discussion points, this will help cement your views and help your learning
    - do take a look through the learning tools we have, there are many of them like Revision Cards and notes from A grade students with teacher comments. It's worth spending some time becoming familiar with them as these will help a lot along the way.
    - use our pages on past papers to find all of the relevant papers to your subjects in one place, going through past papers is one of the best ways to learn in the way the examiners want you to.
    Have fun!
    Jack

ReputationRep:
    hi there!! I just joined TSR to make new friends and get tips on how to improve my studies~ i'll be attending 6th form this year ))) anyone have any tips on revision???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutymoonmoon)
    hi there!! I just joined TSR to make new friends and get tips on how to improve my studies~ i'll be attending 6th form this year ))) anyone have any tips on revision???
    Hi there, welcome to :tsr:

You'll definitely find new friends whilst you're about!

With regards to the studies, have you had a look at the A Level section or the Study Help section? They'd be your best places to start (I assume that you are doing A Levels at 6th form?)

If you have any more questions let me know!

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Was a lurker here during the exams to see how I was doing...

Joined to get suggestion on courses

I do Art/Physics/Design/Double Maths and was looking towards the field of Architecture/Graphics Design/Engineering but I can't specify any courses nor a university. I want to join a well respected university like Imperial but I am not sure if I will get the grades for it nor if I specify as a special student (I don't do anything outside of school). I say I am not sure about my grades because I did not revise for my AS exams (had no motivation to study- moment of depression. I still have no will to do anything) but I know myself and from experience that I can guarantee A (top A not just A).

I only speak from experience and have quite a low-self esteem so I am pretty sure I am not a narcissist.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.
    It's a great time of the year for those starting uni this fall, as the storm has almost passed for you ( me included). Well done to all!

I'm starting SOAS in Sept- foundation year for International Law& Development Studies. Anybody similar?

ReputationRep:
    Hello just joined today. The forum looked really helpful and looking for some tips about my CV and studying early.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2018
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.