Edexcel FP2 June 2015 - Official Thread Watch

Elcor
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by whatupchuck)
Apologies if there have already been some preliminary boundaries put up somewhere but if anyone could hazard a guess at what ums 69/75 would be that would be great...
A* has never been 70/75, and I don't think that was the easiest paper from Edexcel. Summation Q and Taylor expansion was harder than normal. I think you'd get 90UMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SirKenzo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi I've looked through the unofficial mark scheme posted here and believe I've done quite well, the only issue is on the last question in part b I wrote the auxiliary equation wrong and ended up getting m=4 or-4. This means I got the complimentary function and therefore the General Solution wrong. However, I got my particular Integral right. Part c relied on part b being correct so I know I lost that mark, but I was wondering what I might have got on part b by getting the auxiliary equation wrong, but the integral right, Thanks,
physicsmaths
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elcor)
A* has never been 70/75, and I don't think that was the easiest paper from Edexcel. Summation Q and Taylor expansion was harder than normal. I think you'd get 90UMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wasnt the A* 70/75 last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
crashMATHS
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SirKenzo)
Hi I've looked through the unofficial mark scheme posted here and believe I've done quite well, the only issue is on the last question in part b I wrote the auxiliary equation wrong and ended up getting m=4 or-4. This means I got the complimentary function and therefore the General Solution wrong. However, I got my particular Integral right. Part c relied on part b being correct so I know I lost that mark, but I was wondering what I might have got on part b by getting the auxiliary equation wrong, but the integral right, Thanks,
Part c will be B1ft, so you'll the mark.

I suppose you'll drop A1 for the CF and A1 for the GS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Elcor
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by physicsmaths)
Wasnt the A* 70/75 last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yeah you're right, it was 70 in June 12 and June 14. Maybe it will be 70 this year, too.
Vesniep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elcor)
Oh yeah you're right, it was 70 in June 12 and June 14. Maybe it will be 70 this year, too.
Not that difficult paper,but you could easily lose marks(2 UMS marks for each raw mark you lose).
How do you guys do in the exams? FP2,M4,FP1(perhaps)?
Elcor
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Vesniep)
Not that difficult paper,but you could easily lose marks(2 UMS marks for each raw mark you lose).
How do you guys do in the exams? FP2,M4,FP1(perhaps)?
Thankfully, I think I've done very well in FP1, FP2 and M3 (which are the ones I've done so far). Based off of TSR I think I might have only dropped a few UMS out of all of them. How about you?
Vesniep
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elcor)
Thankfully, I think I've done very well in FP1, FP2 and M3 (which are the ones I've done so far). Based off of TSR I think I might have only dropped a few UMS out of all of them. How about you?
So you mean 100UMS in all these units.Congradulations!Nice to see you are going to meet your offer.
About me:I think FP1 is 95UMS FP2 is 100UMS M4 is about 90-95 M3 90UMS .Oh and C1,C2,M1 are all full marks
Elcor
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So you mean 100UMS in all these units.Congradulations!Nice to see you are going to meet your offer.
About me:I think FP1 is 95UMS FP2 is 100UMS M4 is about 90-95 M3 90UMS .Oh and C1,C2,M1 are all full marks
Congratulations

It's not certain I'll meet my offer - I also need an A* in Chemistry or Physics.
physicsmaths
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elcor)
Congratulations

It's not certain I'll meet my offer - I also need an A* in Chemistry or Physics.
Physics edexcel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Elcor
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Physics edexcel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
OCR A
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
these are serious marks...
what is the name of your school in Greece?
physicsmaths
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elcor)
OCR A
A*s in the sciences is a pain! What you more confident on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Elcor
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A*s in the sciences is a pain! What you more confident on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry! Even though I much prefer physics as a field

Posted from TSR Mobile
physicsmaths
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elcor)
Chemistry! Even though I much prefer physics as a field

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn, chemistry is disgustingly hard bro. My mate whos going imperial for chem says he probably wont get an A* in chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vesniep
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TeeEm)
these are serious marks...
what is the name of your school in Greece?
We don't give names to the state schools.I was in a Music school but this year I went to a school called 3rd school of Serres(a town which is more like a big village) . Of course there are no schools who prepare students for A levels in Greece (actually it is considered illegal) .There is only one centre (not school) in Athens which is really expensive and far(500km) . So I do the preparation alone , since the syllabus of A levels is covered in universities not high schools.
physicsmaths
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We don't give names to the state schools.I was in a Music school but this year I went to a school called 3rd school of Serres(a town which is more like a big village) . Of course there are no schools who prepare students for A levels in Greece (actually it is considered illegal) .There is only one centre (not school) in Athens which is really expensive and far(500km) . So I do the preparation alone , since the syllabus of A levels is covered in universities not high schools.
Well done on your marks so far! Keep it going!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vesniep
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well done on your marks so far! Keep it going!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you.I'm pretty sure I got the a* in FM ,now I have to do well in C3,C4 for an A* in Maths too.
Hope you achieve the A* too(I'm pretty sure you already have it )
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
very good
physicsmaths
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you.I'm pretty sure I got the a* in FM ,now I have to do well in C3,C4 for an A* in Maths too.
Hope you achieve the A* too(I'm pretty sure you already have it )
Yes I have secured the A* in FM aswell! Roll on step!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (250)
39.06%
No - but I will (44)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (299)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed