IDS
    Erick Pickles
    Sajid Javid
    Gove
    Peter Mendelson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    1. Chris Grayling.

The first non-lawyer Lord Chancellor in hundreds of years and by all accounts the worst we have ever had. Has single-handedly broken legal aid which is essentially the justice system's NHS. Pays no attention at all to the unanimous demands of the legal profession from every quarter, at every level, all around the country. He is symbolic to me of the total lack of intelligence as well as compassion in many of the Tory cuts and the main reason I will not vote for them.

2. Harriet Harman

Vile woman. Unintelligent, not a trace of charisma or leadership in her, flagbearer of all-women's shortlists and hard feminism generally. Petty, invidious, tribal, irritating.

3. Iain Duncan Smith

Has implemented savage policies that demand the permanently and often extremely ill or disabled and others genuinely not capable of working to be well and work, removing their benefits if they do not. Handing a lot of this to private companies like Atos has been scandalous, this should be state regulated and implemented.

4. Nick Clegg

Weak, spineless little man with not a shred of integrity or strength in him. Recently he has tried to appear more assertive but it has only highlighted more plainly how pathetic he really is. I am embarrassed that he is the second most senior elected representative of my country.

5. Jeremy Hunt

Self-satisfied, clinical, possibly more machine than human. Clearly intelligent but simply incredibly irritating. Has absolutely no charisma at all and there's a hollowness in his eyes and the way he talks, no conviction or fire or controversy as a result of disagreeing with government policy that suggests he's one of those politicians who is entirely in the business of politics for themselves and not even a little because they have passionate viewpoints or care for their country. I doubt he has any principles whatsoever and would probably sell his own mother for a few bob.

6. Grant Shapps

Slippier than a seal's wet arse. Really gives me the chills to see him being interviewed. He's little more than a travelling salesman who's mastered the art of PR, has an answer that sounds somewhat plausible to every question but really it's all just a load of horse**** and you realise sooner or later that this man does not have a singular solitary clue what he's doing but just does a very good impression of someone who does. Politicians using spin in line with substance and understanding is one thing but I don't believe this man actually understands or cares about any key political issues.
    Lol, you are onto something here, interesting that you chose to follow me.
    Hard to disagree on these- although I don't hate Harman as much, just think she's vapid and incompetent. Grayling and IDS are like they've been made in the same factory, haha, the are such automatons. Clegg is odious, all that stuff about sleeping with thousands of women. And I hate that contrived sincerity and earnestness he does, it cracks me up every time. Schappes is a classic smug Tory chancer who looks like he'd sell his own grandmother.
    And Hunt is just odious, sly, and has that particularly home counties posh Tory way, of being so smug, and speaking relentlessly patronisingly and gently to us like we're children. I hate his fake magnanimity and high mindedness as well, I know what he'd be like behind it, and the way he offered another politician a suggestion on QT..argh smug, patronising ****.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by HarryGaga)
    Michael Gove: He made my life hell during GCSEs and A-Levels, Nicky Morgan is so much better!

I know it's over 6, but special shoutout to Nick Clegg - cheers for allowing me to be in £27,000 for educational debt rather than £9,000 you prick!
    Oh yay, another self entitled so and so

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Oh yay, another self entitled so and so

Posted from TSR Mobile

A Tory accusing others of being self-entitled. Oh the irony.
    Are those who moan about not being able to afford food and sheltered self entitled so and sos?

Deary me you've gone rapidly downhill.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bornblue)

A Tory accusing others of being self-entitled. Oh the irony.
    Are those who moan about not being able to afford food and sheltered self entitled so and sos?

Deary me you've gone rapidly downhill.
    No, they aren't complaining about having to put a bit of effort into their education, nor complaining about having to make an investment in their future.

I do love how you're now insisting that not shifting my views to the left is going downhill.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    No, they aren't complaining about having to put a bit of effort into their education, nor complaining about having to make an investment in their future.

I do love how you're now insisting that not shifting my views to the left is going downhill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Being annoyed that a politician so spectacularly broke his main pledge which got him elected is not 'entitlement '. The tories accusing others of an entitlement culture? How about the entitlement that you can pay your workers next to nothing whilst paying no taxes and then call it 'aspiration'. 'Entitlement?' Pah, the irony is lost on you.

It's not about right or left, you've completely lost your ability to think and debate independently and instead have become a mouthpiece for the tories and at times the Daily Mail. That was understandable just before the election but come off it.
    You contradict yourself all the time now. One moment you accuse Labour of being red tories and the next you call them a looney lefty party who's policies would 'mess up everything'. You can't have it both ways but you portray it that way. So which is it?

Then not to mention your new found 'sensationalist' scare tactics about unions and their 'power'. Ordinary workers having representation? Scary thought, why should we have any rights? Whislt at the same time you make up blatant lies that the tories are not funded by very wealthy businessman (not necessarily a criticism but a factually correct observation for sure)

Stop being a tory mouthpiece Daily mail reading sensationalist that you've suddenly become.
    You're better than that and you know it. You're a very intelligent guy, don't resort to pettiness.

Now come off it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Surprised Burnham is getting so much stick. He's done wonders for the Hillsborough Justice Campaign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Surprised Burnham is getting so much stick. He's done wonders for the Hillsborough Justice Campaign.
    He's toxic though, any member of the Blair/Brown/Miliband establishment is.

The only non-toxic Leader candidates are Liz Kendall (backing her) and Mary Creagh, however I think Liz is the only person who stands a chance of defeating the Tories in 2020
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by HarryGaga)
    He's toxic though, any member of the Blair/Brown/Miliband establishment is.

The only non-toxic Leader candidates are Liz Kendall (backing her) and Mary Creagh, however I think Liz is the only person who stands a chance of defeating the Tories in 2020
    I'd agree with the point about Kendall. She'd be my tip. The thing is, though, I think people just associate Burnham with the Blair, Brown and Miliband cronies purely for his appearance. It doesn't help that he looks the same as the past leaders.

Whether you like him or not, you've got to respect the way that Burnham has handled his job in the sports realm. He's pushed for change and seen it happen. He's a man with working class roots and sensibilities - way more than Blair, Brown and Miliband, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'd agree with the point about Kendall. She'd be my tip. The thing is, though, I think people just associate Burnham with the Blair, Brown and Miliband cronies purely for his appearance. It doesn't help that he looks the same as the past leaders.

Whether you like him or not, you've got to respect the way that Burnham has handled his job in the sports realm. He's pushed for change and seen it happen. He's a man with working class roots and sensibilities - way more than Blair, Brown and Miliband, anyway.
    I just don't think he'd win over middle England/the South of England like Kendall would, her constituency is in middle England she's probably the most down to earth out of the 5 candidates
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Being annoyed that a politician so spectacularly broke his main pledge which got him elected is not 'entitlement '. The tories accusing others of an entitlement culture? How about the entitlement that you can pay your workers next to nothing whilst paying no taxes and then call it 'aspiration'. 'Entitlement?' Pah, the irony is lost on you.
    Are you telling me that 11,334,576 people, at least, in this fine country pay illegal wages and avoid the majority of their taxes? I know business is thriving, didn't know it was that good!

As for Clegg, the wording was about them having to take on the tax for longer, not for Clegg breaking his word. I also wonder just how much bigger the majority would have been with a free vote.

Then not to mention your new found 'sensationalist' scare tactics about unions and their 'power'. Ordinary workers having representation?
    You know that thing we had 5 weeks ago? What's that called? An election I think it was. What's the purpose of that if not to form a government representing the people, including the workers?

What's that thing Labour are having over the next few months? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a leadership election. And who gets to vote in that? Oh yes, all party members, which includes a massive number of union members

Scary thought, why should we have any rights? Whislt at the same time you make up blatant lies that the tories are not funded by very wealthy businessman (not necessarily a criticism but a factually correct observation for sure)
    If you're going to quote me at least do it right. Are they funded bythe wealthy? Yes, as are all major parties. Are they funded by the, if I recall the wording correctly, the "super rich"? No, not much by the way I qualify levels of wealth.

Stop being a tory mouthpiece Daily mail reading sensationalist that you've suddenly become.
    You're better than that and you know it. You're a very intelligent guy, don't resort to pettiness.

Now come off it.
    Well, at least I can see you're a bad stalker and still very hastily generalise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    David Cameron
    Nigel Farage
    Iain Duncan-Smith
    Michael Gove
    Theresa May
    Lembit Opik

I don't hate Clegg - the Tories would have raised tuition even without coalition govt, they didn't introduce the £9000 fee they simply failed to block it. Also rumour has it that it was going to be £12000 and £9000 was the compromise.

ReputationRep:
    Tim Farron
    Jim Murphy
    Ian Duncan Smith
    David Mundell
    Alister Carmichel
    David Martin
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How can you dislike Murphy? The guy's so inoffensive.

ReputationRep:
    From what I've seem of him he comes off very well.

However, I've heard that behind the scenes he's a real nasty, dodgy piece of work. Like an unfunny Malcolm tucker without any redeeming points.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Davij038)
    From what I've seem of him he comes off very well.

However, I've heard that behind the scenes he's a real nasty, dodgy piece of work. Like an unfunny Malcolm tucker without any redeeming points.
    I haven't read too much about him, but on the surface he seems an entirely credible bloke. I'll definitely look into that, though. Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    1. Authoritarianism. In 1996 Jim Murphy graced the House of Commons for the first time when he was the subject of an unprecedented ‘Early Day Motion’ which condemned his presidency of the National Union of Students (NUS) for “intolerant and dictatorial behaviour”. He had engaged in a furious campaign of persecution against NUS officials who supported NUS policy of free education at a time when (as today) Labour Party policy was against free education. Murphy left the NUS for a job in the Labour Party.

2. Fingers in the till. In 2012 Jim Murphy was found to have exploited a loophole in his parliamentary expenses, by letting out his London address at the same time as claiming its rent. He is believed to have made anywhere up to £20,000. Incredibly, he was carrying out this scheme when in 2009 he apologised “on behalf of all politicians” for expenses theft.

3. Staunch defence of Israel. In 2001 and 2002 Jim Murphy was the chair of ‘Labour Friends of Israel’. During his tenure war criminal and architect of the massacres at Sabra and Shatila, Ariel Sharon, became Prime Minister of Israel and construction of the now infamous West Bank Barrier began.In 2011 he attacked the Trades Union Congress for supporting the boycott, calling it “a big step backwards” and also criticised student campaigners pushing for an academic boycott. He dismissed a UN vote to recognise the Palestinian state as ‘symbolic’. He insisted that the Labour Party under Ed Miliband must remain a ‘staunch supporter of Israel’. There is no evidence that recent massacres -particularly in Gaza – have changed is attitude.Support for the Apartheid state was once widespread in the Labour party. Following decades of genocide against the Palestinians it is now widely recognised as an extremist position.

4. Leading Membership of the Henry Jackson Society. Blairism in foreign policy terms is a form of Neo-Conservatism. But it is very rare for a Blairite to openly subscribe to Neo-Conservative ideology.Jim Murphy is a member of the ‘Political Council’ of the HJS – he is one of a few fanatical Blairites on the Political Council which is utterly dominated by Conservative ultra-reactionary back benchers – the same ones who are now calling for a coalition with UKIP.Henry Jackson was a military hawk and ‘anti-communist’ McCarthyite senator. The society named after him, founded in the U.S but transported to London in the run-up to the Iraq war, is the main bastion of Neo-Conservatism on these islands. At its inception, its avowed policy was barbarian:

1. Modern liberal democracies set an example to which the rest of the world should aspire.

2. Supports a ‘forward strategy’ to assist those countries that are not yet liberal and democratic to become so. This would involve the full spectrum of ‘carrot’ capacities, be they diplomatic, economic, cultural or political, but also, when necessary, those ‘sticks’ of the military domain.

3. Supports the maintenance of a strong military, by the United States, the countries of the European Union and other democratic powers, armed with expeditionary capabilities with a global reach.

4. Supports the necessary furtherance of European military modernisation and integration under British leadership, preferably within NATO.

5. Ignoring an elderly woman on the campaign trail: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QgAwmCAYiPs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SausageMan)
    Tim Farron
    Jim Murphy
    Ian Duncan Smith
    David Mundell
    Alister Carmichel
    David Martin

Why do you dislike Farron?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibzombie96)
    I can hardly wait.
    Ok I was to busy to argue that day so here is my post.

Basically what it says was Camerons mates who ow business slipped him a bit of money for a massive return

It is to do with the privitisation of the NHS. Circle Health donated £1.5 M- and has had a return of £1.5BN - Is that a 1000% return on investment - that is not a donation it's a pre agreed deal. Also bit rich of him privitising the NHS when his moronic son used the NHS resources

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...handed-3123469

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SausageMan)
    1. Authoritarianism. In 1996 Jim Murphy graced the House of Commons for the first time when he was the subject of an unprecedented ‘Early Day Motion’ which condemned his presidency of the National Union of Students (NUS) for “intolerant and dictatorial behaviour”. He had engaged in a furious campaign of persecution against NUS officials who supported NUS policy of free education at a time when (as today) Labour Party policy was against free education. Murphy left the NUS for a job in the Labour Party.

2. Fingers in the till. In 2012 Jim Murphy was found to have exploited a loophole in his parliamentary expenses, by letting out his London address at the same time as claiming its rent. He is believed to have made anywhere up to £20,000. Incredibly, he was carrying out this scheme when in 2009 he apologised “on behalf of all politicians” for expenses theft.

3. Staunch defence of Israel. In 2001 and 2002 Jim Murphy was the chair of ‘Labour Friends of Israel’. During his tenure war criminal and architect of the massacres at Sabra and Shatila, Ariel Sharon, became Prime Minister of Israel and construction of the now infamous West Bank Barrier began.In 2011 he attacked the Trades Union Congress for supporting the boycott, calling it “a big step backwards” and also criticised student campaigners pushing for an academic boycott. He dismissed a UN vote to recognise the Palestinian state as ‘symbolic’. He insisted that the Labour Party under Ed Miliband must remain a ‘staunch supporter of Israel’. There is no evidence that recent massacres -particularly in Gaza – have changed is attitude.Support for the Apartheid state was once widespread in the Labour party. Following decades of genocide against the Palestinians it is now widely recognised as an extremist position.

4. Leading Membership of the Henry Jackson Society. Blairism in foreign policy terms is a form of Neo-Conservatism. But it is very rare for a Blairite to openly subscribe to Neo-Conservative ideology.Jim Murphy is a member of the ‘Political Council’ of the HJS – he is one of a few fanatical Blairites on the Political Council which is utterly dominated by Conservative ultra-reactionary back benchers – the same ones who are now calling for a coalition with UKIP.Henry Jackson was a military hawk and ‘anti-communist’ McCarthyite senator. The society named after him, founded in the U.S but transported to London in the run-up to the Iraq war, is the main bastion of Neo-Conservatism on these islands. At its inception, its avowed policy was barbarian:

1. Modern liberal democracies set an example to which the rest of the world should aspire.

2. Supports a ‘forward strategy’ to assist those countries that are not yet liberal and democratic to become so. This would involve the full spectrum of ‘carrot’ capacities, be they diplomatic, economic, cultural or political, but also, when necessary, those ‘sticks’ of the military domain.

3. Supports the maintenance of a strong military, by the United States, the countries of the European Union and other democratic powers, armed with expeditionary capabilities with a global reach.

4. Supports the necessary furtherance of European military modernisation and integration under British leadership, preferably within NATO.

5. Ignoring an elderly woman on the campaign trail: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QgAwmCAYiPs
    Only 1 and 2 are fair points.

3i could sort of sympathise with, but as the recipient of his ire was the NUS an organisination which one labour shadow cabinet member described as being extremely anti Semitic. Personally I think Israel is very deserving if criticism but that doesn't mean the other side should be given a blank slate either.

Lol at the HJ society being 'barbaric' I suppose you think ISIS are freedom fighters?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.