Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Phew I got in!!! So happy

ReputationRep:
    If anyone needs to know or anything: the course lasts 45 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hananna)
    I had my MMI yesterday and I've just received a conditional offer...so shocked!
    Congrats! What course for? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abgreen)
    Congrats! What course for? X
    Adult! What are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Ive been accepted for adult too but worrying about the cost as I live in wales!

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer too! Can't believe it!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know whete the majority of the course is studied as I've heard it's the Waterloo and guys campus but that confuses me in choosing accommodation then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piratosaurusrex)
    Does anyone know how many weeks per year is the undergrad course actually runs for? as i can't find the exact number of weeks on their website online and i'm trying to work out how much i will get from the NHS bursary to see whether or not i will be able to afford any of the accommodation. cheers x
    That's my main query as well as I am completely lost on whether or not I can afford the accommodation and living in London which is making me lean towards staying in Swansea x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koulou)
    That's my main query as well as I am completely lost on whether or not I can afford the accommodation and living in London which is making me lean towards staying in Swansea x
    it's 45 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=fairplaytoyou;54288727]it's 45 weeks

(Original post by fairplaytoyou)
    it's 45 weeks

Do 45 weeks include holidays and breaks? When applying for student finance, it asks what terms out of the three are mostly uni based or placement based. Does anyone know what terms specifically are placements and which are theory based in uni (all i know is that its 50:50 theory n placements all year!!)
    [SIZE 11]Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE]

ReputationRep:
    What sort of questions are asked in the literacy exam?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know whete the majority of the course is studied as I've heard it's the Waterloo and guys campus but that confuses me in choosing accommodation then.
    I spoke to this student nurse there and she said your lectures are usually dispersed. So one min you can be at Guy's or St Thomas', but you will mainly be in Waterloo.

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Swansea too haha!!

ReputationRep:
    Im going to Kings too!! Been given a conditional offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hananna)
    Adult! What are you doing?
    I wil be doing adults too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabeedles28)
    Im going to Kings too!! Been given a conditional offer
    hey,how was the mmi like? and what did they generally ask you about? thnks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Mblogger)
    hey,how was the mmi like? and what did they generally ask you about? thnks
    Going to offer my unasked advice here since I've done the MMI and gotten an offer haha.

The MMI is really nice in the sense that it isn't too formal and the people who conduct it are generally quite friendly and put you at ease. They also seem to like to know more about you as a person, not just in relation to nursing which I found really nice. I feel like people generally do well in the MMI because you have several chances to impress the interviewer and so if you don't do that well on one, that's okay just move on to the next and treat it as a fresh start!

No applicants can disclose questions due to signing the Non Disclosure form but it would be useful to know about nursing generally so what it entails and just think about common scenarios that could come up in nursing. A few questions are near to impossible to prepare for but make sure when answering questions you justify your answer. This will also clarify it in your mind too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did my interview and got an offer the next day (Friday 13th). Over the moon, just gotta get the grades now lol

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone live in London already and is in a lesser priority postcode? This is the one thing I don't like about Kings haha, the possibly of not getting accommodation is really daunting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I also have a conditional offer for adult nursing this year, Its a bit scary now its coming round! I've been told by a few of my friends who have been to uni they went onto forums and managed to meet people on the course before they started the course. Have any of you heard of this, or this the only chat you know of? I think it would be nice to have at least chatted to a few people by the time we start
    Well done to all of you that have got a place so far too!!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.