• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    United should cruise through though
    Lol good joke

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Utd have got Sheffield Utd. Quite frankly I'm glad we avoided them, anyone seen there record under Clough in the cups?! :eek::eek:

ReputationRep:
    A bit of underestimating going on in here, I wouldn't assume you can just walk over Middlesbrough...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    A bit of underestimating going on in here, I wouldn't assume you can just walk over Middlesbrough...
    Pff, we dispatched Wigan no problem last year after they knocked out City. I imagine a similarly calm and composed victory vs their conquerors this year as well. Theo to bag his first double hat trick before being substituted to a standing ovation after 25 minutes.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Utd have got Sheffield Utd. Quite frankly I'm glad we avoided them, anyone seen there record under Clough in the cups?! :eek::eek:
    They've beaten 5 Premier League teams in the past 12 months I fancy them to get past Spurs in the League Cup too.

We'd probably lose tbh so let's hope to god that Preston can beat them. It's easy for Sheffield to get motivated and raise their game when they're facing a Premier League team, but when they're facing one of their League One rivals on a cold Tuesday night? Not so much.

(Original post by Loat)
    Pff, we dispatched Wigan no problem last year after they knocked out City. I imagine a similarly calm and composed victory vs their conquerors this year as well. Theo to bag his first double hat trick before being substituted to a standing ovation after 25 minutes.
    You scored a late equaliser and won on penalties, wouldn't say that is ''dispatching of them no problem''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    You scored a late equaliser and won on penalties, wouldn't say that is ''dispatching of them no problem''
    The squad felt the need to give a show to the crowd, same as in the final. If you had paid £80 for a ticket and walked through the horrors of Wembley you wouldn't want to see a dull 70%+ possession 2-0 win, and Wenger is aware of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    We are at home so we should play our strongest 11 including Sanchez, Cazorla and Rosicky and just try to hammer them to send a message.
    It's not about winning it's about sending a message.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Wenger's economics degree coming in handy

The man is a proper superscrimper. Every penny counts mentality
    hahahahaha
    Wenger has a genius plan to get messi for £10mill. He has already predicted the next football market crash just like he knew Real Madrid and PSG getting james and luiz for ridiculous prices will ruin the summer market.

ReputationRep:
    i want United and Liverpool to at least reach semi's so it will be interesting even if we have a lower chance of winning the cup.
    The players need to learn the mentality to win cup games against the big boys when needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    i want United and Liverpool to at least reach semi's so it will be interesting even if we have a lower chance of winning the cup.
    The players need to learn the mentality to win cup games against the big boys when needed.
    We need Utd going out. If we face them at any stage in this we are going out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loat)
    The squad felt the need to give a show to the crowd, same as in the final. If you had paid £80 for a ticket and walked through the horrors of Wembley you wouldn't want to see a dull 70%+ possession 2-0 win, and Wenger is aware of that.
    I still get goosebumps off Mertesacker's goal.

ReputationRep:
    We need Utd going out. If we face them at any stage in this we are going out.
    We will never learn to beat them unless we play them
    And we have a better squad, the players just need to not get past a mental block

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    We will never learn to beat them unless we play them
    And we have a better squad, the players just need to not get past a mental block
    Quite frankly that can wait till next season.

We need another FA Cup, Quarter finals of the CL and a third place to show any kind of progress.

ReputationRep:
    Well that was a ****ty draw, no good games really tbh apart from Preston NE vs Cambridge

At home against Championship opposition, we should get through but won't be getting complacent, have to say if City lose to Chelsea on the weekend we should be aiming for 2nd place, retaining the FA Cup and CL Semi's to be realistic

ReputationRep:
    I would be happy with 2nd place this season, and hopefully to beat Chelsea at home in the league. I think that match should be treated every much as equally as the other important games (e.g. Man Utd away, we need to break that hoodoo) as it represents our progress. We must get into the knack of beating the big teams (especially away) in big games as ultimately that will be what will represent our ability to truly challenge in the Champions League.

An FA Cup win would also be great but it is not the be all and end all of things. Tbh I would rather we get to the CL Semis as we know already we have the ability in the squad to win an FA Cup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Well that was a ****ty draw, no good games really tbh apart from Preston NE vs Cambridge

At home against Championship opposition, we should get through but won't be getting complacent, have to say if City lose to Chelsea on the weekend we should be aiming for 2nd place, retaining the FA Cup and CL Semi's to be realistic
    We've got an outside chance at the PL. If we can get to 30 games and 6-8 points off the top we have got a chance (a very small one). To win it we can only afford to drop around 3-5 points to the end of the season imo.

ReputationRep:
    The dream this season for me is knocking out a big team in the CL over two legs (e.g. a Bayern, Madrid, Chelsea). Ultimately I think the progress in the CL or PL vs big teams will have a cross over effect, vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    And lol at people forgetting we actually got owned by Monaco in our own gaff in pre-season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    And lol at people forgetting we actually got owned by Monaco in our own gaff in pre-season.
    Wouldn't read too much into a preseason friendly tbh Monaco were way far ahead in match fitness and sharpness considering their first Ligue 1 match was 7 days later.

Arsenal were only just adapting to the 4-1-4-1 and suffering from post World cup fitness problems.

Many can see we've turning a corner in terms of consistency and quality performances with key players coming back. Hopefully we'll go hard for the remainder of the season
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Wouldn't read too much into a preseason friendly tbh Monaco were way far ahead in match fitness and sharpness considering their first Ligue 1 match was 7 days later.
    Indeed, even Falcrap managed to score.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.