mads.m
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, im a textiles design student mentor. If your joining us in falmouth this september then take a look at your year groups course page!!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/text...15.18/?fref=ts
MichaelLarkin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey all!

I'm currently a student at Falmouth going into my second year and studying BA Photography! The reason I'm here is to tell you that if you didn't already know... the official facebook pages are up and running for your courses!
These are all student led pages rand by your student mentors who do this voluntarily to ensure you all have the best first year you can have.

As I'm a photography student, and I don't think you can post links on here, if there are any first year BA Photography students then search 'Photography (BA) Falmouth 2015/18' on Facebook and you should find the group. Alternatively, message me.

I think the same basic layout works for every other group also, so 'Course + Falmouth + 2015/18'.

Congratulations on your places at Falmouth and look forward to hearing from you!
SophieH96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi! My name is Sophie and I am a second year on Dance & Choreography and a Student Mentor. Which means I'm around to answer any questions you have before you get to falmouth and throughout your first year. If you didn't know already, we have a facebook group for all dance students joining in September. It's called Dance and Choreography Falmouth 2015/18, so if you could join that would be amazing. See you soon!
charlottei
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys, it's so nice to see some student mentors on here!

I'm not a mentor obviously but I thought I'd let any other Graphic Design students know that the Graphics Facebook group is also up and running, so make sure you head over and check it out.
filmmaker173
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone attending in September and studying film should join the Film Falmouth 2015/18 group on Facebook. Here your student mentors, including myself, will be able to answer any questions you may have about the course, uni or area
Ellie~
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got an email today saying that there is a room in the Sidings available if I would prefer it to my previous offer of a shared room at Glasney. I can't decide whether to accept the Sidings room or stay in the shared room in the village and wait until I get moved to a single room hmm
lpomeroy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ellie~)
I got an email today saying that there is a room in the Sidings available if I would prefer it to my previous offer of a shared room at Glasney. I can't decide whether to accept the Sidings room or stay in the shared room in the village and wait until I get moved to a single room hmm
Hiya Ellie! Definitely consider where you'll be studying because if you'll be at Penryn then Glasney is definitely more convenient as you won't have to get the bus or walk far. You'll also be close to the student union where there are events and other little shops on campus. I've been at the uni for a year and I've found that Glasney is definitely louder and there's more going on but The Sidings is quite modern and swanky and is still a very popular halls! Also Sidings is right next to the train station which is handy for going back home. Both are walking distance to each other though!

Hope that kind of helps!
lpomeroy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hiya guys! A few of you may recognise my name (Lara Pomeroy) as I'm a student ambassador and rep at Falmouth Uni I'm always around on Facebook as I'm managing one of the freshers group so please feel free to message me or add me if you have any questions about anything at all!
rinnahchua
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi!

I'll be doing a degree in Creative Advertising!
Was offered a place last year, but chose to defer, because who doesn't like a gap year! haha!
Kinda worried that I won't be meeting any other freshers because I'll be living at Maritime Studios instead of the halls :/ But the town is just lovely, and I'm definitely looking forward to waking up to a view of the sea every morning
charlottei
Rep:
?
(Original post by rinnahchua)
Hi!

I'll be doing a degree in Creative Advertising!
Was offered a place last year, but chose to defer, because who doesn't like a gap year! haha!
Kinda worried that I won't be meeting any other freshers because I'll be living at Maritime Studios instead of the halls :/ But the town is just lovely, and I'm definitely looking forward to waking up to a view of the sea every morning
Hi, nice to meet you

I'm sure you won't be the only fresher at Maritime, so I wouldn't worry about it. Plus you're right about the views! Why did you choose it over some of the bigger accommodation, if you don't mind me asking?

Oh and I really liked the look of the Creative Advertising course when I was applying. :') It looks great, so good choice I guess aha.
rinnahchua
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by charlottei)
Hi, nice to meet you

I'm sure you won't be the only fresher at Maritime, so I wouldn't worry about it. Plus you're right about the views! Why did you choose it over some of the bigger accommodation, if you don't mind me asking?

Oh and I really liked the look of the Creative Advertising course when I was applying. :' It looks great, so good choice I guess aha.
Ah, my parents and I made a trip to check out the university (I'm from Singapore ) we assumed that the Woodlane campus would be in the same town as the dorms. (haha, We were so very wrong) so we started looking around for other alternatives in the town itself, and we stumbled across Maritime Studios!

Checked out the dorms in penryn, and got to take a tour around Maritime. We were able to compare from there, and figured that maritime would be better? It's a studio apartment, and it's bigger than the dorms in penryn, plus I really liked the fact that everything was in the room, washing machine, tiny kitchen area, en suite toilet, and theres even a tiny little balcony. The view from the room is pretty great.It's really accessible too! Falmouth Docks Station is right next to the building, it's a 5-10 minute walk to Woodlane, and to the main street where all the shops are. So grocery shopping shouldn't be a total pain since it isn't that far away. Another thing was safety?
Maritime has a frontdesk/reception area and the building has a live in caretaker, so, he'll be easily contactable should anything go wrong. So yup! I decided on Maritime for the comfort level it provides.

So you'll be doing Graphic Design huh! That'll be fun! I'm sure you'll be able to get a ton of inspiration from the town and the surroundings!
Guess I'll see you around campus!
charlottei
Rep:
?
(Original post by rinnahchua)
Ah, my parents and I made a trip to check out the university (I'm from Singapore ) we assumed that the Woodlane campus would be in the same town as the dorms. (haha, We were so very wrong) so we started looking around for other alternatives in the town itself, and we stumbled across Maritime Studios!

Checked out the dorms in penryn, and got to take a tour around Maritime. We were able to compare from there, and figured that maritime would be better? It's a studio apartment, and it's bigger than the dorms in penryn, plus I really liked the fact that everything was in the room, washing machine, tiny kitchen area, en suite toilet, and theres even a tiny little balcony. The view from the room is pretty great.It's really accessible too! Falmouth Docks Station is right next to the building, it's a 5-10 minute walk to Woodlane, and to the main street where all the shops are. So grocery shopping shouldn't be a total pain since it isn't that far away. Another thing was safety?
Maritime has a frontdesk/reception area and the building has a live in caretaker, so, he'll be easily contactable should anything go wrong. So yup! I decided on Maritime for the comfort level it provides.

So you'll be doing Graphic Design huh! That'll be fun! I'm sure you'll be able to get a ton of inspiration from the town and the surroundings!
Guess I'll see you around campus!
Ahhh I see! Yeah, that makes a lot of sense now. When I came to the open day, the Glasney halls were the only ones we visited, and from then on my heart was set on living there. I know it's going to take a bit longer to get into Woodlane, but I like being close to the Penryn campus too. I think Maritime would have been much higher up my list if I'd considered it more seriously though!

And aha yeah. Falmouth does seem to be an incredibly creative place! I guess I'll see you around campus too! Not long now until Freshers...
Ellie~
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know if the Freshers timetable/events have been released yet? I just had a lil look on the website but I couldn't find anything. When do you think it'll be announced?
charlottei
Rep:
?
Does anyone know if the Freshers timetable/events have been released yet? I just had a lil look on the website but I couldn't find anything. When do you think it'll be announced?
According to the FXU Facebook group we should have some more details sometime this week! They haven't specified what information we'll get then but hopefully it should clear things up a little.

Apparently there were a lot of scams last year with fake events, so yeah this is a note to everyone... Make sure you're looking at the official FXU website. :/
TroyDill
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello people - I am starting Architecture in September, do we have any Architecture applicants yet? I am a mature student (26) so if anybody needs life advice or stories from the war I am your guy.
charlottei
Rep:
?
Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that the Freshers week events have been announced!

Go to the official FXU website to see all of the details.
Wristbands can be bought from 1st September.
Ellie~
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I just checked out the Freshers events, I'm so excited! I need to find costumes to wear...
vidishashenoy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello everyone! Hope you're all doing well and you've all gotten/will get really great grades (if not... well, you're not alone :c haha... T.T). Wow, it really has been a while since I've said something on this discussion (I might have forgotten to reply to a couple of people too... sorry...)

Well, I have a question; maybe anyone who's holding an unconditional offer could help clarify this doubt I had. Now it is in my understanding that students at Falmouth have to pay an acceptance fee alongside their acceptance form. What I wanted to ask was whether you've received your unconditional offers on UCAS before or after submitting said form. Track's going live tomorrow morning, and I wanted to know if they only make changes on UCAS after you pay your acceptance fee or your offer will change, regardless of whether you've paid or not.

Hope that wasn't too much of a confusing question, and I hope someone can help me with it! Good luck with your results and uni offers, and cheers!
Ellie~
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vidishashenoy)
Hello everyone! Hope you're all doing well and you've all gotten/will get really great grades (if not... well, you're not alone :c haha... T.T). Wow, it really has been a while since I've said something on this discussion (I might have forgotten to reply to a couple of people too... sorry...)

Well, I have a question; maybe anyone who's holding an unconditional offer could help clarify this doubt I had. Now it is in my understanding that students at Falmouth have to pay an acceptance fee alongside their acceptance form. What I wanted to ask was whether you've received your unconditional offers on UCAS before or after submitting said form. Track's going live tomorrow morning, and I wanted to know if they only make changes on UCAS after you pay your acceptance fee or your offer will change, regardless of whether you've paid or not.

Hope that wasn't too much of a confusing question, and I hope someone can help me with it! Good luck with your results and uni offers, and cheers!
What? 0_0 I have had an unconditional offer from the start, but I haven't heard anything about an acceptance form/fee? I'm so confused now, I thought that if you accepted an unconditional that was it. I honestly had no idea of any acceptance fee, does this mean my offer will be revoked if I don't pay it? How do you pay it?
vidishashenoy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What? 0_0 I have had an unconditional offer from the start, but I haven't heard anything about an acceptance form/fee? I'm so confused now, I thought that if you accepted an unconditional that was it. I honestly had no idea of any acceptance fee, does this mean my offer will be revoked if I don't pay it? How do you pay it?
Really? That's strange, because in my conditional offer letter they asked for an acceptance fee that I have to pay... now I wonder whether it's only for international students (I am an international applicant so...)

I am so lost now, sorry for confusing you too! T.T
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Falmouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Falmouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 30 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise