Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yousf)
    Pop retailer 8 marker and 6mark on goverment spending
    ouch good luck on making it back in other parts of paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16161616)
    ouch good luck on making it back in other parts of paper!
    Think 95% of what i answered was correct. I didnt understand those 2 questionss either way, what did you write for goverment spending

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LNeal96)
    I'm a little worried. For the last question in evaluating if you think becoming an Entrepreneur was a good idea. I decided to add up all the jobs he predicted he would have done over the year and compared it with the break-even point.

I worked out the break-even point as around 490
    and he was only predicting of selling 400 units.

So i said it was a bad decision, however most people seem to have worked it out as him making a profit instead and i feel like I have put the wrong thing.
    Did anyone do anything similar in 2(c)

wrong thread mate this is for edexcel 6bs01/6eb01

ReputationRep:
    i really think edexcel should reconsider the timings for their paper.. 1 hr 15 minutes is just not enough !! an extra 5 minutes could have made a difference to my answers tbh they were obviously so rushed..

ReputationRep:
    SECTION B"
    Two factors which affect demand: Population and income level?

Leadership style = Democratic = Increased motivation = increased efficiency?

Test marketing = no risk of losing as much money as a full scale launch, but can lose ideas to competiors who can produce for cheaper

Start up capital- Little or no interest is a benefit, but can cause family feuds and cant raise as much funds as a commercial bank

Inflation = higher prices so less people have enough disposable income but depends how much it went up, and the products are relitavley cheap so an increase of 2.7 in 2013 would only make a difference of 50p

Spending = less spending on job seekers allowance so less unemployment benefit and they have less disposable income so they cant afford it so go for cheaper alternatives, however may be cut from other sectors like defence which wouldnt make a difference and its quite luxurious shirt so it may not affect people as much as target marker would be people who have a mid level income.

Are they right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamaicanbeggar)
    i really think edexcel should reconsider the timings for their paper.. 1 hr 15 minutes is just not enough !! an extra 5 minutes could have made a difference to my answers tbh they were obviously so rushed..
    I agree its a disgrace, theres technically no time to think and im a fast writer and i still managed to miss 14marks. Before the exam i also knew that time is gona be my limiting factor, i kept looking at the clock every 5minutes, but its just not enough time. Theres a reason why we have so much time in essay based subjects.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieMarsh;[url="tel:55922127")
    55922127[/url]]please google your statement. completely false. Supermarkets like Aldi and Lidle have done so well with an increase in unemployment. Please do seem research before you put across your opinion
    Aldi and lidle are Price competitive. That Busienss in that question was luxury good therefore being effected by unemployment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McMurrough1)
    SECTION B"
    Two factors which affect demand: Population and income level?

Leadership style = Democratic = Increased motivation = increased efficiency?

Test marketing = no risk of losing as much money as a full scale launch, but can lose ideas to competiors who can produce for cheaper

Start up capital- Little or no interest is a benefit, but can cause family feuds and cant raise as much funds as a commercial bank

Inflation = higher prices so less people have enough disposable income but depends how much it went up, and the products are relitavley cheap so an increase of 2.7 in 2013 would only make a difference of 50p

Spending = less spending on job seekers allowance so less unemployment benefit and they have less disposable income so they cant afford it so go for cheaper alternatives, however may be cut from other sectors like defence which wouldnt make a difference and its quite luxurious shirt so it may not affect people as much as target marker would be people who have a mid level income.

Are they right?
    Inflation means people have less disposable income thus demand will decrease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yousf)
    Inflation means people have less disposable income thus demand will decrease.
    yeah i put that as my analysis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatthewPaulW;[url="tel:55922991")
    55922991[/url]]I don't think it's an overstatement.

Summer 2013 AS business Unit 1 was 55 Marks for an A

Summer 2014 AS business Unit 1 was 48 marks for an A

It's possible depending on how bad people did overall.

Yep I did busienss paper last year and got a B and this exam was A LOT HARDER. My mates that retook that got B's too ( aiming for A's- said it was a lot harder this year.) I thnk it will be as low or lower then unit 1 2014 A mark last year tbh.)

This paper doesn't really effect me as they take the best mark out of the unit's (1) I have done so I have a B in the bag I just wanted an A :-)

You can always re take next year guys!

ReputationRep:
    Probably got 50 if i didnt miss out 14marks should have got at least 58, according to the last year's grade boundaries would have been 100UMS omdz what AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody put me out of my misery, is it possible to get all 4 marks in the multiple choice by getting right answer, simply defining and explaning why 2 other options are wrong without elaboriating on why your answer is correct??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yousf;[url="tel:55926817")
    55926817[/url]]Can somebody put me out of my misery, is it possible to get all 4 marks in the multiple choice by getting right answer, simply defining and explaning why 2 other options are wrong without elaboriating on why your answer is correct??
    Yes that's what I did last year got a B so yeah that is right way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex.crichton)
    About question 8, it clearly is CUSTOMER WANTS WERE MET. There's no way unemployment can increase sales unless they give you some more evidence about it.
    I agree with you here

ReputationRep:
    I definitely believe it was "consumer wants met." They are likely to include both figures to make it clear they are referring to a specific brands success, rather than external factors in a specific country. Eg if they state UK sales increase then you may put it down to increasing incomes etc. They clearly showed it was a worldwide success, as they meet consumer needs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Britishsunset)
    Yes that's what I did last year got a B so yeah that is right way
    Cheers buddy

*edit* realised your a girl.

Cheers..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suresure)
    I definitely believe it was "consumer wants met." They are likely to include both figures to make it clear they are referring to a specific brands success, rather than external factors in a specific country. Eg if they state UK sales increase then you may put it down to increasing incomes etc. They clearly showed it was a worldwide success, as they meet consumer needs.
    It was, some people over analysed the question..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yousf;[url="tel:55927273")
    55927273[/url]]Cheers buddy

*edit* realised your a girl.

Cheers..
    That's okay! Hope I do okay in this exam better then last year! Ether say I keep the higher unit in unit 1 (so for me B.) :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Britishsunset)
    That's okay! Hope I do okay in this exam better then last year! Ether say I keep the higher unit in unit 1 (so for me B.) :-)
    The worst thing can happen is you keeping the B grade from last year, so im sure you'll be fine. You'll never know, this year overall was harder than last year's paper so if the grade boundaries are in our favour we might hit A's!

ReputationRep:
    How was the paper evryone?

some ****ing next level maths questions.

Q3 IS SO HARD - retained profits are part of the income statement so how can it be that?

marketing plan is
    human resource is
    also , premised and equipment is so what is the ****ing answer

and did anyone get independence for Q2 RATHER THAN ETHICAL ****ING STANCE !!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.