Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loinducoeur)
    Didn't someone else say that they'd be a little bit low because of the fact that we didn't get to sit a January exam? Or am I mixing something else up with this?
    I don't think anyone said that on the chat. I might be wrong. However, I don't think that'll play a major role in low grade boundaries. The low grade boundaries will most likely come about due to the fact that every question was slightly 'buffed up' in our paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrimeLime)
    I don't think anyone said that on the chat. I might be wrong. However, I don't think that'll play a major role in low grade boundaries. The low grade boundaries will most likely come about due to the fact that every question was slightly 'buffed up' in our paper.
    That sounds more likely, to be honest. The Tan question was only 2 marks too, so the grade boundaries will probably be almost the same as usual.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds more likely, to be honest. The Tan question was only 2 marks too, so the grade boundaries will probably be almost the same as usual.
    Not to go against my own point, but the tan question was 5 marks XD. I wouldn't mind if the grade boundaries were the same as usual anyway. I'm just slightly worried that WJEC will go a bit overboard with all their other exams and throw in too much tricky stuff. Especially PH1 (my favourite module)...

ReputationRep:
    Im praying that Ch1 doesnt throw anything overly challenging in, cos i'm barley coasting an A as it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VeepFan)
    Im praying that Ch1 doesnt throw anything overly challenging in, cos i'm barley coasting an A as it is
    CH1's not too bad? There's nowhere you can go wrong if you know your notes, so learn 'em!

ReputationRep:
    Not to go against my own point, but the tan question was 5 marks XD. I wouldn't mind if the grade boundaries were the same as usual anyway. I'm just slightly worried that WJEC will go a bit overboard with all their other exams and throw in too much tricky stuff. Especially PH1 (my favourite module)...
    Oh, seriously?? I didn't realise! XD Yeah, they might do that, since I think I read that they have new writers for the exams now. I already struggle with PH1, I don't think I'll benefit from this massive change in writers!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone repost the mark scheme that was posted earlier, the link isn't working anymore.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Oh, seriously?? I didn't realise! XD Yeah, they might do that, since I think I read that they have new writers for the exams now. I already struggle with PH1, I don't think I'll benefit from this massive change in writers!
    Heard anything about other exam boards (AQA in particular)? AQA do my further maths so if their writers are planning on the same thing I'm gonna have a hard time! Plus AQA generally make their exams harder than WJEC so I really don't think they need to make them even harder...

ReputationRep:
    Exactly how old are you?
    I'm 20.

Please don't be so judgmental? >.>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhisperingTide)
    I'm 20.

Please don't be so judgmental? >.>
    Well it's hardly judgemental for people to assume that you're 16/17 when you're chatting about the C1 exam on TSR...

ReputationRep:
    Even if they were 16/17 and had a child, whats the big deal? Also your message is coming across as if you think only 16/17 year olds do C1 maths. At my college theres people of all ages - the average is probably 19/20 years old. And they have every right to be on this website. Good on him/her for doing their best, whilst caring for an ill child

ReputationRep:
    Did we do the same paper? I really don't remember question 7 part b involving a quadratic equation. Wasn't it differentiation? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    You got an equation in the form of completing the square. You then had the option of solving using completing the square or using the quadratic formula. I used the quadratic formula. It gets the same result just a different method.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr rump)
    Adding up your money? 😂
    If you go to Cambridge, it doesn't mean you will be rich. It's just like any other uni but it's just easier to get into a good well-paying job. If you want to be super rich, then being a successful businessman is difficult and rare. Also, banking can make you rich but it is extremely boring and the environment is so unstimulating that it is not worth dedicating 20 years to (in my opinion). It isn't sustainable. Coming from a school (CSFC) which is full of asians, whose parents are mostly CEOs and bankers in Hong Kong, they discourage most of their children to go into medicine (mainly) rather than economics because it allows for a much better quality of life.

ReputationRep:
    No they're the same examiners. PH1 has had the same examiner for 10 years maybe (Mr. D. P. Edwards, a very nice man according to my physics teacher) and The PH2 examiner is Mr. P. N. Wood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewdjones)
    No they're the same examiners. PH1 has had the same examiner for 10 years maybe (Mr. D. P. Edwards, a very nice man according to my physics teacher) and The PH2 examiner is Mr. P. N. Wood.
    Ah, so maybe it was just Maths?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, so maybe it was just Maths?
    maybe ahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyt345)
    You got an equation in the form of completing the square. You then had the option of solving using completing the square or using the quadratic formula. I used the quadratic formula. It gets the same result just a different method.
    Well if that's true then no, you don't lose any marks UNLESS they specifically state HENCE after completing the square or something. If they don't specify in anyway then it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    Is there a wjec c2 thread anywhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VeepFan)
    Is there a wjec c2 thread anywhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3325327

There! It's not that talkative at the moment though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lkjhgfdsa3)
    Even if they were 16/17 and had a child, whats the big deal? Also your message is coming across as if you think only 16/17 year olds do C1 maths. At my college theres people of all ages - the average is probably 19/20 years old. And they have every right to be on this website. Good on him/her for doing their best, whilst caring for an ill child
    I never said there was anything wrong with it, nor that they didn't have the right to be on here. I think you're being overly defensive...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 12, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.