Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    Thanks
    I hope you do well
    Arsey did put up the marking scheme, not me
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    LMFAO, 64 was an A last year because it was a easy paper, you can't compare this year's c1 paper to last year's. Also only 2013 and 2014 is where 60+ was needed for an A grade, if you look before that you would notice an A grade has been lower than 60.

ReputationRep:
    how many ums would 66/67 be? I need atleast 90ums on this!

ReputationRep:
    Guys for question 7 I did the whole working out and I found that x=-3 but for x=0 I wrote log1/log2. Will I lose any marks? and if yes how many?

ReputationRep:
    Can u upload m3 paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yousf)
    LMFAO, 64 was an A last year because it was a easy paper, you can't compare this year's c1 paper to last year's. Also only 2013 and 2014 is where 60+ was needed for an A grade, if you look before that you would notice an A grade has been lower than 60.
    I sat last years paper and got 90/100 UMS and after checking the mark scheme for this year I got 75/75 marks but I found last years paper harder, might just be because I've done c3 and c4 now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Sorry if this has been answered already but if I left 5.b) as root 8 instead of 2 root 2 would I lose marks?
    No I don't think you would as it is an equivalent answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    Here are my solutions.

I didn't think it was an 'easy' paper, quite a few questions with tricky parts.

Expect average(ish) boundaries.
    Hi.. you know for the simulatneous equations question, I wanted to cancel 8x2 + 36x + 16 down so I divided by 8 instead of 4!!! i don't know why I thought 36 was divisible by 8, so I cancelled it to x2 + 9x + 2 when it should be 2x2 + 9x + 4.... how many marks do you think I lost out of the 7

ReputationRep:
    Okay I am sorry but how is it possible that you have already got the questions? This seems really dodgy :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beanos)
    I'm doing A2, this was a resit and I made a mess of D1 last year (60/100) which I can't resit (my college isn't doing it again, don't ask, stupid military college) so I need 90 in C1 and C2 to get an A at AS.
    ohhh right, so you have already done D1 and need to get good in both units to get an A

I feel like I did crap in the C1 paper so im aiming to get in the 70's for my next two papers

ReputationRep:
    damn, i thought i only lost 7 marks ...
    i calculated that i got 56/75 in worst case scenario

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lakshmisravya)
    I made a silly mistake in question 7)b), I substituted y=2^x into the equation, and I got the correct values for y, but I forgot to substitute back to solve for x. How many marks do you think I will lose?
    I did exactly the same thing! I asked my teachers and they said worse case, I lost 3 out of the 4 marks. Annoying as they were probably the only marks I lost.

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 40 to 45 in that paper. ffs need to smash C2 + S1

(Original post by #betahouse)
    Hey arsey, will you be doing the mark scheme for the m3 paper?
    No

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Will I still be able to take 100 UMS with 74/75?

I said that 9 + 9 - 8 - 8 was 3 instead of two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Okay I am sorry but how is it possible that you have already got the questions? This seems really dodgy :/
    Every edexcel maths a level teacher in the country has access to a copy of the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Nurullahakash)
    Can u upload m3 paper?
    Haven't got it yet. None of ours did it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the question 7b, with the hidden quadratic of y=2^x and y^2=4^x .
    How many marks do you think someone will drop for stopping at y=1/8 and y=1 and not working out the value of x? It was a 4 marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeskeyLAD)
    I think I got 40 to 45 in that paper. ffs need to smash C2 + S1
    Don't feel bad about it, i think i've got between 40 and 45 aswell. Just focus on the future exams i'm sure you will do great

ReputationRep:
    Wait I'm so confused as to how this guy got the paper literally a few hours after we did it???

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.