Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer for Zoology Bsc at Cardiff for BBB, so shocked as I was not expecting anything with a prediction of BDD!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Media, Journalism and Culture and I'm from Durham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbrizio1)
    Is anyone applying to Media, Journalism and Cultures? I haven't found anyone yet... I'm starting to think that I'm the only one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've applied!! I was starting to think the same thing haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lgreenley16)
    I've applied!! I was starting to think the same thing haha
    OMG yay! nice to meet you, I'm Sofia from Italy. Is Cardiff your firm choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OMG yay! nice to meet you, I'm Sofia from Italy. Is Cardiff your firm choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice to meet you too, Im Laura! Oh wow you're coming all the way from Italy, thats so exciting. I think so yeah, I haven't confirmed it yet, but I just love it there it would be stupid if it wasn't haha what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Nice to meet you too, Im Laura! Oh wow you're coming all the way from Italy, thats so exciting. I think so yeah, I haven't confirmed it yet, but I just love it there it would be stupid if it wasn't haha what about you?
    Yes, Cardiff is absolutely my firm choice. I love the course and the city so much! I really hope to get the grades I need... My finals are in 5 months and I'm already struggling to keep up 😱. Did you get an unconditional?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Cardiff is absolutely my firm choice. I love the course and the city so much! I really hope to get the grades I need... My finals are in 5 months and I'm already struggling to keep up 😱. Did you get an unconditional?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too it's such a nice place, I'm just waiting to here back from one more choice, but I'm considering just withdrawing it anyway! I'm sure you'll get them I wouldn't worry and no I wish!!! I would have cried with happiness haha I got a conditional of ABB It should be do-able

ReputationRep:
    Me too it's such a nice place, I'm just waiting to here back from one more choice, but I'm considering just withdrawing it anyway! I'm sure you'll get them I wouldn't worry and no I wish!!! I would have cried with happiness haha I got a conditional of ABB It should be do-able
    I got the same offer and you're right, it's doable but I'm worried anyway ahah. Well, good luck and hope to see you there in September!

ReputationRep:
    I got the same offer and you're right, it's doable but I'm worried anyway ahah. Well, good luck and hope to see you there in September!
    Good Luck to you too!! Try not to worry to much you'll be fine, see you in September hopefully

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for architecture and sent my portfolio about 3 weeks ago and still havent heard anything. Is anyone else applying for architecture?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone applied to physics? They've invited me to an applicant day, but theres nothing in the information about an offer, and theres nothing on ucas track.
    Also, the itinerary for the applicant day says "one to one academic discussions". Does that mean interview?! Help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic97)
    Hey, anyone applied to physics? They've invited me to an applicant day, but theres nothing in the information about an offer, and theres nothing on ucas track.
    Also, the itinerary for the applicant day says "one to one academic discussions". Does that mean interview?! Help
    Hey, I got an offer yesterday for physics (after 2.5 months). Before I applied they did say you maybe asked to come for an interview. My guess that its just an informal interview. I have to do something similar at another uni where I'll be show around the campus,the department etc and the 'one to one' discussions would just be about your personal statement, what your interest are in the field and they may ask you to work through a problem which you would be assisted on. I don't think its anything to worry about. I say that now but I'm really nervous about mine.
    It should be fine any way. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic97)
    (Original post by CapitalC)
    Hey, I got an offer yesterday for physics (after 2.5 months). Before I applied they did say you maybe asked to come for an interview. My guess that its just an informal interview. I have to do something similar at another uni where I'll be show around the campus,the department etc and the 'one to one' discussions would just be about your personal statement, what your interest are in the field and they may ask you to work through a problem which you would be assisted on. I don't think its anything to worry about. I say that now but I'm really nervous about mine.
    It should be fine any way. Good luck!
    Hey!
    My boyfriend had this when he applied (he's now 3rd year) and yeah it turned out to be an informal interview where they discussed a few things on his personal statement and basically made him an offer then and there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fla-la)
    Hey, anyone thinking of applying to Cardiff in September 2016? Write your course and where you're from

I'm applying for Midwifery and I'm from Devon!

Hi! I've applied to Midwifery too, haven't heard anything from Cardiff hopefully soon...
    Have you had a reply?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else applied for bioscience (physiology), and heard back?

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask, those with offers, did your track happen to update at 17:32?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dioooooon)
    Can I ask, those with offers, did your track happen to update at 17:32?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think that theoretically it could be updated anytime. When I got my offer from Cardiff it was updated at 20.30

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think that theoretically it could be updated anytime. When I got my offer from Cardiff it was updated at 20.30

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I see I was just curious because a lot of people I've spoken to have had their track updated at 17:32 haha! What course did you apply for in Cardiff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dioooooon)
    I see I was just curious because a lot of people I've spoken to have had their track updated at 17:32 haha! What course did you apply for in Cardiff?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Basically I applied to every course related to media studies because I love Cardiff (and media studies) ahah I'm gonna firm Media, Journalism and Culture, and then hope to get the grades I need! what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Basically I applied to every course related to media studies because I love Cardiff (and media studies) ahah I'm gonna firm Media, Journalism and Culture, and then hope to get the grades I need! what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's commitment right there haha! Congratulations on the offer! I've applied for Dentistry, had an interview, they're getting back to us sometime this week! Also have an offer for Genetics as a back up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 30, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.