Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim kid arrested for bringing home made clock to school watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Because they are not as moronic as SJWs.
    Oh my :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    Because your phone was beeping in your locker? Isn't that what phones will do?
    US doesn't play around with that stuff. If it's suspicious, teachers are required by law and school guidelines to call the principal, alert the cops etc, especially post 9/11.

It was an alarm that I had forgotten to turn off, it wouldn't stop beeping. I was pulled out of class, hauled down to the head office, had a chat with 2 cops, explained it, got my locker sniffed by dogs etc. etc..

To be fair, my school was in a really crappy neighbourhood where shootings and home invasions happened daily, so it's unlikely to happen someone in backwater Utah.

ReputationRep:
    This is the image released by the police department of the suspect clock.

I don't see a bomb,on top of that,the little boy explained he was just trying to make an alarm clock

ReputationRep:
    This is the actual clock released by the police department

And this is a picture of an actual bomb

ReputationRep:
    Everyone? 302 million users have expressed their outrage?

I'm gonna need a source on that.
    You know what she meant? Still being obtuse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    This is not time for jokes!
    You're right, it's a very serious matter - he shouldn't have clocked off school like that, his parents will be in trouble with the head! :mmm:

your name, religion, and the colour of your skin should NEVER negate your accomplishments
    #IStandWithThePolice because your name, religion, and the colour of your skin should NEVER negate common sense and security concerns prevailing over fear of the PC crowd (see Rotherham, Rochdale, Oxford etc for reference)

Shoot him?
    Bit severe, perhaps just get him to write 'I will not bring improvised home made workings that look a bit like explosive devices into school again' a few dozen times on the blackboard

ReputationRep:
    I don't see a bomb,on top of that,the little boy explained he was just trying to make an alarm clock
    Please see edited post.

ReputationRep:
    This is the actual clock released by the police department

And this is a picture of an actual bomb

Not identical in the slightest 😫

ReputationRep:
    That looks nothing like an alarm clock. It doesn't matter what skin colour or religion you are. You bring a case like that with exposed circuitry and beeping sounds to class or work, you will get processed by the police.

ReputationRep:
    With what ever you said

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please see edited post.
    Nah,stil don't see it. Anyway mark zuckerberg wants to meet this kid and Obama wants him to bring the clock to the White House. He deserves to be recognised as a little genius in the making. Awww

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet n Sour)
    I'm the one being obtuse?

I never said they were identical, but they are very similar I'm you can agree.

ReputationRep:
    Yet many still class the US as the bees knees despite incidents such as this one! :confused: :banghead: :rolleyes: :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Nah,stil don't see it. Anyway mark zuckerberg wants to meet this kid and Obama wants him to bring the clock to the White House. He deserves to be recognised as a little genius in the making. Awww
    It isn't hard make a clock. Had his story not made headlines nobody would have given a **** about him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet n Sour)
    Are you intentionally being dense?

They are similar enough in appearance, especially when you put in the removed circuitry inside, to warrant suspicion when combined with the beeping noises.

You bring that something like that to an airport, white, black or brown, and you will get arrested, if you're lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    US doesn't play around with that stuff. If it's suspicious, teachers are required by law and school guidelines to call the principal, alert the cops etc, especially post 9/11.

It was an alarm that I had forgotten to turn off, it wouldn't stop beeping. I was pulled out of class, hauled down to the head office, had a chat with 2 cops, explained it, got my locker sniffed by dogs etc. etc..

To be fair, my school was in a really crappy neighbourhood where shootings and home invasions happened daily, so it's unlikely to happen someone in backwater Utah.
    Fair enough. When you look at the pictures it does look suspicious, granted. If the same thing happened to you then I guess it is just standard procedure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    Fair enough. When you look at the pictures it does look suspicious, granted. If the same thing happened to you then I guess it is just standard procedure.
    People seem to forget that teachers are not allowed to make judgement calls like that, especially with potential explosives. They aren't allowed to simply ask the science teacher to pop in and confirm it. They get sued or fired if they don't report stuff like that to the head office and police.

ReputationRep:
    Now he's had offers from Mark Z to join Facebook and Obama to come to the Whitehouse. I guess it all worked out in the end for the kid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    You're right, it's a very serious matter - he shouldn't have clocked off school like that, his parents will be in trouble with the head! :mmm:

#IStandWithThePolice because your name, religion, and the colour of your skin should NEVER negate common sense and security concerns prevailing over fear of the PC crowd (see Rotherham, Rochdale, Oxford etc for reference)

Bit severe, perhaps just get him to write 'I will not bring improvised home made workings that look a bit like explosive devices into school again' a few dozen times on the blackboard
    Omg hahaha,you need your bottom smacked :mmm:

Hahahah you're still going on about Asian rape gangs?!!! And it wasn't common sense,it was prejudice.

He now wants to be seen by the president of the country who wants him to bring the clock in. Also by mark zuckerberg.he's a little star now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    Now he's had offers from Mark Z to join Facebook and Obama to come to the Whitehouse. I guess it all worked out in the end for the kid
    I love happy endings.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.