Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tishslt)
    I did too, but for Language Sciences and Psychology! I haven't stopped smiling!
    Same after the long wait I can finally stop stressing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gilberta)
    Hi I just got a conditional offer for psychology 😁 I am literally over the moon!!!!!
    Well done!! I bet that's a relief

Edit: Did you receive the offer on Track before it went down for 'essential maintenance' yesterday evening at 6? Or did you get an email from Reading or something?

ReputationRep:
    I did too, but for Language Sciences and Psychology! I haven't stopped smiling!
    Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilykate97)
    Congratulations

(Original post by gilberta)
    Same after the long wait I can finally stop stressing
    Thank you both! exciting!! Now i just have to meet the grades :afraid::afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilykate97)
    Well done!! I bet that's a relief

Edit: Did you receive the offer on Track before it went down for 'essential maintenance' yesterday evening at 6? Or did you get an email from Reading or something?
    Reading send me an email. I only received a email from track today

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional on Friday..

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from Language Sciences and Psychology yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pauli1101)
    Has anyone heard back from Language Sciences and Psychology yet?
    I have, I applied a week before the deadline, but my college didn't send it off to the 15th!! I received a conditional offer on Friday.

Hopefully you will hear back soon

ReputationRep:
    I have, I applied a week before the deadline, but my college didn't send it off to the 15th!! I received a conditional offer on Friday.

Hopefully you will hear back soon
    Hey there, just received an unconditional offer!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, just received an unconditional offer!!!
    Congratulations!!! Will you be accepting as your firm choice?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!!! Will you be accepting as your firm choice?
    Thank you. Not sure yet. Where else did you apply? And whats your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Not sure yet. Where else did you apply? And whats your first choice?
    I want to do Speech and Language Therapy, so this was a kinda back up. I've applied to Reading, City, Birmingham for SLT.

What about you? Same fields/Uni's?

ReputationRep:
    I want to do Speech and Language Therapy, so this was a kinda back up. I've applied to Reading, City, Birmingham for SLT.

What about you? Same fields/Uni's?
    I'm currently studying BSc Psychology in Scotland, but I want to transfer to Psychology and Language Sciences so I applied to Reading and UCL.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the BA Theatre interview day this Wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dauntlesstraitor)
    Anyone going to the BA Theatre interview day this Wednesday?
    Yep I am, but for film instead

ReputationRep:
    Guys I have a question because I am considering going to Reading. Is Reading considered to be a "good" university?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Heynothing24)
    Guys I have a question because I am considering going to Reading. Is Reading considered to be a "good" university?
    Hi,

Personally I would say it was, we are in the top 1% of universities worldwide. Therefore we have international recognition. We also have 94% of our graduates in work or further study 6 months after finishing.

Our students union is also really good, and is in the top 10 in the UK. It offers lots of support and help, as well as tackling issues we think need resolving within the university, such as exam stress so they had a petting zoo during exam period, to relax us all. It also fights for the rights of students on a national level. It also has a great space on campus with plenty of social spaces.

Our library is also fantastic, it is open 24 hours a day minus Saturday evening. Has plenty of seating options with some big open tables, individual pods, group pods and arm chairs, so you can find something that suits you. It has also had lots of investment put into it, so its an ever changing modern space.

We are also a beautiful campus, which is very open, green and we have our lake. Our campus is so lush it has been awarded green flag status for the last 5 years.

Hope this helps, I think Reading is a brilliant university and I am enjoying myself very much, while being taught by experts in their field.

Emma
    2nd year Human and Physical Geographer

ReputationRep:
    Hey I’m a business and marketing student in Glasgow, and waswondering if I could just ask a quick question for my dissertation:When choosing to study at a UK University, what factors aremost important in your decision?Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Just got my offer for Politics and IR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniofReading)
    Hi,

Personally I would say it was, we are in the top 1% of universities worldwide. Therefore we have international recognition. We also have 94% of our graduates in work or further study 6 months after finishing.

Our students union is also really good, and is in the top 10 in the UK. It offers lots of support and help, as well as tackling issues we think need resolving within the university, such as exam stress so they had a petting zoo during exam period, to relax us all. It also fights for the rights of students on a national level. It also has a great space on campus with plenty of social spaces.

Our library is also fantastic, it is open 24 hours a day minus Saturday evening. Has plenty of seating options with some big open tables, individual pods, group pods and arm chairs, so you can find something that suits you. It has also had lots of investment put into it, so its an ever changing modern space.

We are also a beautiful campus, which is very open, green and we have our lake. Our campus is so lush it has been awarded green flag status for the last 5 years.

Hope this helps, I think Reading is a brilliant university and I am enjoying myself very much, while being taught by experts in their field.

Emma
    2nd year Human and Physical Geographer
    Thank you so much for your answer! What were your other uni choices and what made you decide on Reading?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 28, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.