Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

2015/16 Rugby (Union) Season Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt1306)
    I think its terrible.

1) No 1 point winning margins

2) Everyone will have to start again and it will take at least one full season to get everyones head around it i.e. when calculating scores, referring to current system

3) Don't think you could have a drop goal finish to win the match

4) I think theres enough attacking rugby in the game anyway

5) Will surely introduce more foul play as teams would have to score at least 4 penalties to get in front rather than the current at least 2.

What are your thoughts?
    The 6 for a try I think is good, invites more attacking rugby. But like you said, disagree with the 2 points for a kick. I imagine teams with a poor set piece might struggle as they'll be forced to kick to touch/scrum instead of taking the points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    The 6 for a try I think is good, invites more attacking rugby. But like you said, disagree with the 2 points for a kick. I imagine teams with a poor set piece might struggle as they'll be forced to kick to touch/scrum instead of taking the points.
    Yeah, I think the slightly more attacking rugby is the only positive.

Personally, I think we are fine with current scoring system. Maybe the only thing I would do with scoring is to reduce scrum penalties to only 1 point if kick at goal is opted. But I dunno about that tbh

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think the slightly more attacking rugby is the only positive.

Personally, I think we are fine with current scoring system. Maybe the only thing I would do with scoring is to reduce scrum penalties to only 1 point if kick at goal is opted. But I dunno about that tbh
    Do we really need Australia and NZ with more of an excuse to attack us, as well? We'll never be able to beat them in an open game (on a consistent basis).
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Thoughts on the new trials with 6 points being awarded for a try and 2 points for all kicks?
    I'm with Matt in not liking the lack of odd numbers.

Penalties should remain at 3 points, no question. If we want to cut down on kicks at goal then introduce an equivalent to an indirect free kick in football: a penalty that cannot be kicked at goal, but can be kicked for touch for the lineout like any other penalty.

Well done to the Sarries fans out there! You guys deserve it after the last 5 years of being so close!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Bring on Saturday 12:30pm!
    Cheers Matt..:beer:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Was meant to ask this last night but forgot

Which end of the pitch do saracens warm up at looking from the east standing area?
    Are bugers really £8?
    How much is it for a pint?

Saracen's Fez Quiet _One86

Cheers

ReputationRep:

Which end of the pitch do saracens warm up at looking from the east standing area?
    Are bugers really £8?

Cheers
    1. I think it's the right-hand side
    2. There are a number of regular pop-up food stalls, including the Fine Burger Co., which seem to be a little cheaper. It's probably best if you go before the match; if you aren't prepared to leave the last few minutes of the first half to get something, there's a good probability you won't be back for the start of the second half.
    3. Not sure, but hopefully one of the others can clue you in.

Hope you enjoy the match!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

Are bugers really £8?

Cheers
    I've never actually been to Allianz Park (such are the problems with living in Wales and going to mostly away games) so I'm afraid I can't help you with that one.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your help guys

Well done to Saracens again, by far the better team on the day (and the 99% of the season tbf) you defiantly deserved it.

I'm just surprised that the ground (of the European Champions and top of the Premiership) only holds 10,000 fans, probably not the best area for it but hey, I have to admit, you have a loud bunch of fans!!! (Just which they'd be a lot more respectful as fans, and as a club themselves).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'll leave the plastic pitch debate for another day :P

Gunna be a brilliant final, and the two teams that deserve to be in it, are.

Quiet _One86

Cheers
    Welcome! Having a good weekend then? Gotta love a good team. 😜🏉
    Having a player of the Sarries a few weeks ago has heightened my love for the team.
    I want to be strong enough to get down and see them play live in the stands and not just on the 📺

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    A word for Connacht who have made the Pro12 final against the odds as well.

What odds Connacht and Exeter to win next weekend?

ReputationRep:
    Almost forgot; it's Wales v England this weekend.
    Be interesting to see how England go without Saracens forwards, although their strength in depth is frightening.

Considering how much the last few fixtures have meant, this is such a weird fixture, would've preferred if they played a game against one of the Pacific Islanders, in their countries. Would've generated some good revenue for them and been just as good a warm up.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Almost forgot; it's Wales v England this weekend.
    Be interesting to see how England go without Saracens forwards, although their strength in depth is frightening.

Considering how much the last few fixtures have meant, this is such a weird fixture, would've preferred if they played a game against one of the Pacific Islanders, in their countries. Would've generated some good revenue for them and been just as good a warm up.
    Team lineups:

England:
    Mike Brown, Anthony Watson, Jonathan Joseph, Luther Burrell, Marland Yarde, George Ford, Ben Youngs; Matt Mullan, Dylan Hartley (c), Dan Cole; Joe Launchbury, Courtney Lawes; Teimana Harrison, James Haskell, Jack Clifford.
    Bench: Tommy Taylor, Ellis Genge, Paul Hill, Dave Attwood, Matt Kvesic, Danny Care, Ollie Devoto, Elliot Daly.

Wales:
    Liam Williams, George North, Scott Williams, Jamie Roberts, Hallam Amos, Dan Biggar, Rhys Webb; Rob Evans, Scott Baldwin, Samson Lee, Jake Ball, Alun Wyn Jones, Ross Moriarty, Dan Lydiate (c), Taulupe Faletau.
    Bench: Kristian Dacey, Gethin Jenkins, Rhodri Jones, Josh Turnbull, James King, Lloyd Williams, Rhys Priestland, Gareth Anscombe.

All in all a bit of a funny game with both teams weakened.

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiosity, is anyone else on the side of "the players need a rest lets forget this summer tour?"

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiosity, is anyone else on the side of "the players need a rest lets forget this summer tour?"
    Yeah, it does become an awfully log season when you attach a summer tour, but if you can't shake the tiredness to try and beat New Zealand, Australia or South Africa in their back garden, I don't think you should be playing rugby.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it does become an awfully log season when you attach a summer tour, but if you can't shake the tiredness to try and beat New Zealand, Australia or South Africa in their back garden, I don't think you should be playing rugby.
    Indeed and I'm sure the players want to play and go out and beat them! But in the long run...it's not really the healthiest thing but it'll still be good whatever

I'll be watching either England vs Wales or Exeter vs Saracens should be a good couple games all the same! 🏉🏉

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That is without doubt the worst bit of officiating I have ever seen. From both the referee and TMO.

ReputationRep:
    My word, that was a dreadful performance. Completely outclassed by not even Engalnds strongest 15. We can only count our lucky stars that Ford completely lost the plot.

Biggar and Webb, awful. So we're the front 3, and Faletau uncharacteristically poor.

Roll on Aukland, eh

ReputationRep:
    My word, that was a dreadful performance. Completely outclassed by not even Engalnds strongest 15. We can only count our lucky stars that Ford completely lost the plot.

Biggar and Webb, awful. So we're the front 3, and Faletau uncharacteristically poor.

Roll on Aukland, eh
    The Welsh players looked fairly tired to me, lots of red faces, hands behind heads, hands on knees and off the ball walking were all fairly common.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 27, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.