Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

Arsenal fan tv tonight :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Lyrical Prodigy

Any comments?

ReputationRep:
    So to confirm you're blaming Giroud for this loss when the defence was abysmal, Gibbo was poor, Campbell was tragic, Arteta was woeful and Cazorla created **** all and missed a pen. Instead you're going to blame the guy who put us in the lead today? Strong logic brah, strong logic....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Not as bad celebrating 4th place like you've won the Champions League.

Mind you, if you've never won it then you can't really compare anything to it.
    Lmao this guy again.

Obsessed.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations Wenger. Was no one available in the summer apparently and now we're getting the d*ck because of our deluded manager. Either solve the injury problems or buy players so we have actual half decent players to cover, not playing a grandad at CDM and a left back as letft winger.

ReputationRep:
    It's an article from Metro anyway so I call BS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Not as bad celebrating 4th place like you've won the Champions League.

Mind you, if you've never won it then you can't really compare anything to it.

Wenger's reaction to being told Saint Totteringham's Day, isn't an actual trophy.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hate this game. It's the biggest myth going. It's just a glorified act of masochism.

ReputationRep:
    Not going to say much today. just that it's quite typical from us. A game we were expected to win, we balls up. Cazorla's pen poor, Arteta poor, many others...poor. Could have gone top but instead we've returned to being resident fourth in the league. I'm hearing people on other forums go, "It's only our 3rd loss", "I'd take top 4", I have no words to fathom those two phrases. Make of it what you will, pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I'm surprised. No club wins a league with 11 first teamers out injured.
    I see that the trolls are out in force wasting another few hours of their life?

(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Not going to say much today. just that it's quite typical from us. A game we were expected to win, we balls up. Cazorla's pen poor, Arteta poor, many others...poor. Could have gone top but instead we've returned to being resident fourth in the league. I'm hearing people on other forums go, "It's only our 3rd loss", "I'd take top 4", I have no words to fathom those two phrases. Make of it what you will, pathetic.
    :rofl:

I've finally joined in !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    :rofl:

I've finally joined in !
    I can't even.

And haha welcome!

ReputationRep:
    Coq sounds like he'll be out for a LONG time. ****ing marvellous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    So to confirm you're blaming Giroud for this loss when the defence was abysmal, Gibbo was poor, Campbell was tragic, Arteta was woeful and Cazorla created **** all and missed a pen. Instead you're going to blame the guy who put us in the lead today? Strong logic brah, strong logic....
    Actually if you read the previous comments I criticise the defense I never say it's only Giroud but he is part of the problem.

ReputationRep:
    Inb4 we win the CL with Bielik at DM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Hello Luke
    Are we gonna act like Fellaini would walk into this current Arsenal team

#Lampost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Can't say I'm surprised. No club wins a league with 11 first teamers out injured.
    I see that the trolls are out in force wasting another few hours of their life?
    You arguably started with 9 players who would be in your first choice first team. Only Ramsey and Walcott who's out injured would be starting instead. You can continue to stick your head in the ground and say it's the injuries but still should have seen off west brom.

ReputationRep:
    He'll return for deadline day in Jan so that Wenger doesn't loan another Kallstrom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dairychocolate)
    Lmao this guy again.

Obsessed.
    You not going to call me a couple of profanities this time?

Convo/banter in here is always excellent after an Arsenal defeat. Especially because most of it comes from the Arsenal fans backtracking the deluded claims they made at the height of the #WengerIn movement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabear11)
    You arguably started with 9 players who would be in your first choice first team. Only Ramsey and Walcott who's out injured would be starting instead. You can continue to stick your head in the ground and say it's the injuries but still should have seen off west brom.
    Arsenal typically steamroll the bottom half of the table and suffer against decent teams.

Coquelin leaving, Bellerin being back from injury (and playing crap as a result), Ramsey out, Ox out, Welbeck out (hence having to put a fullback on the wing), Walcott out etc. These all have an impact.

Obviously, we should still have seen them off but Shawn is right, no team wins with these injuries. That's not sticking your head in the ground, it's still a criticism of the club and manager.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.