Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    what makes you sure they follow islam though?
    News reports say they were shouting Allah Akbar

Can I ask if you've ever used this term?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    Waddya fancy? Indian sub-continent, Asia, South America, Middle East, Central America, East Europe, Russia, China…

Still want to go?
    I'm not leaving. They will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthetruth)
    What do you mean?
    Which bit are you struggling to comprehend?

ReputationRep:
    because they could be using 'islam' as ever since 9/11 they have been the most 'popular'...these people want fame remember

you can't really generalise.
    Are you seriously believing what you're saying? Those people are brought up by Muslims who follow an IDEOLOGY OPENLY- which directly determines their lifestyle and they bring up children accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valyrian)
    Really sad news to hear although it's nice to know that loads of people are letting stranded people into their houses to protect them from any more shootings
    Yeah seen that, really nice. Saw one lad offering beer as well :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    Why are there no sociopaths killing in the name of Sikhism?
    Why are there no sociopaths killing in the name of Hinduism?
    Why are there no no sociopaths killing in the name of Orthodox Christianity?

Get the idea?
    Those religions are not a big threat to secret organisations. They Fear Islam , therefore take advantage of muslims mainly in "Arab Land" being very divided and there you have the perfect recipe in portraying a religion badly , when in reality that is not the case.

Fun Fact: Around 62% of the world's Muslims live in South and Southeast Asia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ironandbeer2)
    Time for a real war on terror. These terrorists of all groups need to be crushed like rats every time they pop up and it made clear to them that their 'cause' is absolute pointless.
    How? They are guerilla fighters who can move around dressed as civilians and often operating in their own country of origin. They are not in a different coloured uniform.

You cannot simply and easily invade someone else's country/territory and destroy the people who are resisting that invasion - not without massive civilian casualties, decades of resentment and many years of violent instability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    True, but this is on a whole other level :/

To be honest I agree, this would at least be organised by long-standing residents.. but politically it'll be a very hard sell to stand up and remain committed to taking in refugees without a huge public backlash, in my view

I suppose they could portray it as France saying "what we've experienced is only a small fraction of what these refugees have had to live with for years now, so we can empathise and will keep welcoming them to safety" - but that seems pretty remote
    It definitely will have an effect on policies in regards to immigration. There is no doubt that this attack is going to have many ramifications in not only France but Europe as a whole.

(Original post by Scrappy-coco)
    I think political pressure and maybe panic as to how to actually defend against this threat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm talking about the attackers' identity. It often seems to be the case that the attackers in the West are home-grown and have lived in the West for a long time.

But yes, obviously it is understandable why the borders have been closed while this attack is ongoing.

ReputationRep:
    what makes you sure they follow islam though?

They can claim to follow Islam but it doesn't mean they do...there is clearly something wrong with them...

People can claim that they are doing this in the name of 'a religon' but they may just be ill or just sociopaths...

They are killing their own muslims...i don't get it or their own agenda?
    Why are you so desperate to remove the tag of their religion from these killers even though their region was their reason for being killers?

Not all people from this religion have been killers but most have been apologists for it.

ReputationRep:
    What is happening to the world?
    #PrayforParis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Which bit are you struggling to comprehend?
    I am not in France

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Modesty)
    Those religions are not a big threat to secret organisations. They Fear Islam , therefore take advantage of muslims mainly in "Arab Land" being very divided and there you have the perfect recipe in portraying a religion badly , when in reality that is not the case.

Fun Fact: Around 62% of the world's Muslims live in South and Southeast Asia.
    Which secret organisations?

ReputationRep:
    Well on the reddit live link this update makes very uneasy reading....Doesnt sound promising

"We will no longer be reporting what's happening at the Bataclan. This is due to a gag request by French Police."

ReputationRep:
    Why would someone commit mass murder and then pass the focus off of them onto a religion... unless they wanted to affiliate themselves with said religion.
    How else you going to deny 99.9999% of terrorist atrocities committed in the name of Islam?!

ReputationRep:
    What I'm reading about the situation at the Bataclan is extremely disturbing, still ongoing it seems, French police have told the media to stop reporting on it at this point apparently and there may be up to 8 hostage takers there, very bleak and scary situation for those inside clearly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 89cruefan)
    Well on the reddit live link this update makes very uneasy reading....Doesnt sound promising

"We will no longer be reporting what's happening at the Bataclan. This is due to a gag request by French Police."
    This is because the last reports were saying people inside were texting they were being executed be by one.

ReputationRep:
    ..because they see them as not being 'true' believers, therefore impure

It doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of terrorist actions at present are committed by individuals who passionately identify with Islam
    They identify with Islam but they aren't muslim. They are just trying to blame their actions on something else.

I'm no longer arguing on this topic. This is a student forum and there are much younger teenagers/children on here who could be starting to hate Islam because of what people are saying. People trying to promote the 'Islam is bad, kill all muslims' movement are just as bad as those trying to promote the 'Join ISIS' movement.

ReputationRep:
    Why would someone commit mass murder and then pass the focus off of them onto a religion... unless they wanted to affiliate themselves with said religion.
    what i am saying is these people are clearly not 'religious'

anybody that is wouldn't do those things that they do..like i said they are killing their own people from their own 'religion'. How does that make sense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    Why are there no sociopaths killing in the name of Sikhism?
    Why are there no sociopaths killing in the name of Hinduism?
    Why are there no no sociopaths killing in the name of Orthodox Christianity?

Get the idea?
    There are, it just doesn't get reported in the mainstream media. For example:

Moreover, terrorism done specifically in the name of Islam makes up merely 2pc of all terrorist attacks in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    News reports say they were shouting Allah Akbar

Can I ask if you've ever used this term?
    Nope because I'm not muslim. I am catholic.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.