Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fidus Achates)
    Allah has told Muslims to kill other Muslims who are hypocrites. The thing you don't understand is that Jihadists see moderate Muslims who do not kill in the name of Allah and the caliphate as hypocrites, and as bad as infidels, and they therefore have no qualms whatsoever about killing them either. As for people not caring because its not a Muslim country, its nonsense. Tunisia is home to many Muslims and there was also a global reaction to that. If you truly don't understand that Allah calls for the death of infidels and non believers in the Jihad verses then I really cant help you. You're on a level of delusion I'm not qualified to help you with.
    So Allah made everyone so that they could kill each other. What are we? In a forest or something? At this point am starting to think that animals show more intelligence than humans... do u even hear what ur saying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Not sure where you're getting that fromIn Muslim lands, protesting against atrocities committed in your nameSee my prior posts in this thread for a good overview of the problems faced/posed by the Muslim commity (larger percentages, providing a hotbed for everything from antisocial behaviour through to heinous atrocities). Engage with the truth..and bring it with them. Lose/lose

Protesting against terrorists? Do you honestly think that will work?? Do you think they will sit down and take notes on how to become 'normal' and not a 'terrorist'?

Your last sentence worries me, implying that European lives are more important than others? Or that it's okay if Muslims get killed off? People don't run away to Europe to intentionally bring these terrorists with them. (although I doubt that's the cause of terrorism in the West anyway)

But if you're going to blame Muslims for bringing 'terrorism' with them, then shouldn't we blame the US & UK for the invasion of Iraq in 2003 which is the fundamental reason radical islamism today? Ask your grandparents how peaceful life was in the 1900s (or compared to now anyway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashtar)
    (8.12)
    (9.123)
    what am I supposed to understand from this? Whats the soorah's name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YA98)
    I saw the verse you posted on another thread which got deleted. In the brackets it referred to Jihad and if you knew anything about the verse it was lesser Jihad which means to defend Islam and only use force when necessary. The Paris attacks wouldn't be regarded as lesser Jihad as in Islam you can't just kill innocent people and it doesn't matter if that innocent person is a Muslim or not.
    Delusion of grandeur. All I hope is the 98 in your username doesn't refer to your year of birth and you're not actually this naive. Islam is a self promoting and furthering religious ideology. Its for that exact reasons why the Ottoman Empire became as big as it did.

(Original post by areej218)
    So Allah made everyone so that they could kill each other. What are we? In a forest or something? At this point am starting to think that animals show more intelligence than humans... do u even hear what ur saying?
    No, Allah made the religion so that those who follow the religion to the book, Jihadists, are able to kill moderate Muslims who may question certain aspects. it was of course very clever because it means that the strongest believers of Islam will always carry on and Islam will grow, which has happened numerous times throughout history, i.e. the Ottoman Empire. As for saying 'in a forest or something', well a lot of people were living in a forest back in the 7th century where this backward ideology belongs.

ReputationRep:
    Delusion of grandeur. All I hope is the 98 in your username doesn't refer to your year of birth and you're not actually this naive. Islam is a self promoting and furthering religious ideology. Its for that exact reasons why the Ottoman Empire became as big as it did.
    Nope that is the meaning of the verse and the context you put it in was wrong.

ReputationRep:

No, Allah made the religion so that those who follow the religion to the book, Jihadists, are able to kill moderate Muslims who may question certain aspects. it was of course very clever because it means that the strongest believers of Islam will always carry on and Islam will grow, which has happened numerous times throughout history, i.e. the Ottoman Empire. As for saying 'in a forest or something', well a lot of people were living in a forest back in the 7th century where this backward ideology belongs.
    u know what i mean by the forest thing so stop giving me all this **** from wikipidea... and seriously give me a single verse in Quraan that proves what ur saying... The only reason y Allah made religion was because he wanted us to abide by some rules that made our lives easier and peaceful and which is y he banned murder, theft, cheating, abuse etc. Islam encourages things as small as smiling to people's faces. Its so peaceful and friendly when u get to know about the real version of it. and not what u hear/read all over the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faisalshamallakh)
    Protesting against terrorists? Do you honestly think that will work?? Do you think they will sit down and take notes on how to become 'normal' and not a 'terrorist'?

Your last sentence worries me, implying that European lives are more important than others? Or that it's okay if Muslims get killed off? People don't run away to Europe to intentionally bring these terrorists with them. (although I doubt that's the cause of terrorism in the West anyway)

But if you're going to blame Muslims for bringing 'terrorism' with them, then shouldn't we blame the US & UK for the invasion of Iraq in 2003 which is the fundamental reason radical islamism today? Ask your grandparents how peaceful life was in the 1900s (or compared to now anyway)
    Perhaps I am now older than many on this board, but my grandparents lived through a world war in which a chauvinist militarist ideology was suppressed only with tremendous brutality and after it had laid most British cities in ruins. By comparison Islam is a limp opponent. On the other hand we did not have three million questionably British Nazis at that time and the donkeys were not quite as lame as they have become. Then as now there was a desire not see what should have been obvious, because the fantasy was more comforting. The result was a catastrophe that could and should have been avoided - a catastrophe that was far greater for our opponents than for us.

ReputationRep:
    @ the frightening amount of ignorance in this thread

stop using the actions of a few to justify the hatred for many

isis, al qaeda and boko haram make up 0.003% of the billion+ muslims. islam does not equate to islam. (proof? if it did, we would all be dead/living in war zones)

97% of school shooters are male and 79% are white - are we going to stop white boys from attending schools? no. that wouldn't make sense. because the vast majority cannot help the actions of the unfortunate minority. stop nurturing the ignorance being bred

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areej218)
    u know what i mean by the forest thing so stop giving me all this **** from wikipidea... and seriously give me a single verse in Quraan that proves what ur saying... The only reason y Allah made religion was because he wanted us to abide by some rules that made our lives easier and peaceful and which is y he banned murder, theft, cheating, abuse etc. Islam encourages things as small as smiling to people's faces. Its so peaceful and friendly when u get to know about the real version of it. and not what u hear/read all over the internet.
    Quran (47:3-4) - "Those who disbelieve follow falsehood, while those who believe follow the truth from their Lord... So, when you meet (in fight Jihad in Allah's Cause), those who disbelieve smite at their necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, i.e. take them as captives)... If it had been Allah's Will, He Himself could certainly have punished them (without you). But (He lets you fight), in order to test you, some with others. But those who are killed in the Way of Allah, He will never let their deeds be lost."

I rest my case.

Finally, as you seem to be a naive little kid, listen to Maajid Nawaz and educate yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z0zza)

isis, al qaeda and boko haram make up 0.003% of the billion+ muslims. islam does not equate to islam. (proof? if it did, we would all be dead/living in war zones)

97% of school shooters are male and 79% are white - are we going to stop white boys from attending schools? no. that wouldn't make sense. because the vast majority cannot help the actions of the unfortunate minority. stop nurturing the ignorance being bred
    The difference is that most muslims agree with at least some of the goals of the terrorists. The disagreement in the muslim community is principally about tactics not objectives. Most white men do not agree in principle that school students should be killed, merely being unwilling to carry out the killings themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Observatory)
    The difference is that most muslims agree with at least some of the goals of the terrorists. The disagreement in the muslim community is principally about tactics not objectives. Most white men do not agree in principle that school students should be killed, merely being unwilling to carry out the killings themselves.
    you speak for the muslim community as if you have some sort of omniscient, insider knowledge which isn't the case (i assume)

people seem to pull these claims out of nowhere. where is the proof of these thoughts? what objectives are you referring to? it's vague and unsourced and the fact we all so readily turn to hatred and disdain says something about the culture of fear that's been cultivated

ReputationRep:
    Quran (47:3-4) - "Those who disbelieve follow falsehood, while those who believe follow the truth from their Lord... So, when you meet (in fight Jihad in Allah's Cause), those who disbelieve smite at their necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, i.e. take them as captives)... If it had been Allah's Will, He Himself could certainly have punished them (without you). But (He lets you fight), in order to test you, some with others. But those who are killed in the Way of Allah, He will never let their deeds be lost."

I rest my case.

Finally, as you seem to be a naive little kid, listen to Maajid Nawaz and educate yourself.

U do realize that this was said thousands of years ago when there were fights between muslims and disbelievers who were in fact started by the disbelievers in most cases so its basically self defense. and the captives ur reading about... the prophet used to set them free after such fights at the cost of teaching muslims how to read and write. Dont worry its not like they were being lashed or used as sex slaves or someth....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z0zza)

The sad thing is, by harbouring this divide between Muslims and non-Muslims, we're essentially assisting extremist groups in their search for support... the more Muslims that we drive away through fear/ignorance/hatred, the more susceptible they are to falling victim to radicalisation... the more we judge the whole on the actions of 1 or 2, the more of the whole we lose, and before you know it, that 1 or 2 has become a few, then a substantial amount... and then many etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z0zza)
    you speak for the muslim community as if you have some sort of omniscient, insider knowledge which isn't the case (i assume)

people seem to pull these claims out of nowhere. where is the proof of these thoughts? what objectives are you referring to? it's vague and unsourced and the fact we all so readily turn to hatred and disdain says something about the culture of fear that's been cultivated
    http://www.shariawatch.org.uk/articl...s#.VkfJi7wy08o

Surveys find that among British muslims a large minority will agree with extremist positions (e.g. passive support for terrorism) and a large majority consider themselves equally or more loyal to the Ummah as Britain.

If 27% of white men had some sympathy for school shooters then I do not think segregated schools for white men would be unreasonably.

ReputationRep:
    I see your threads are all about either Muslims or immigrants, why do you judge the majority by minority's actions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xavier617)
    The sad thing is, by harbouring this divide between Muslims and non-Muslims, we're essentially assisting extremist groups in their search for support... the more Muslims that we drive away through fear/ignorance/hatred, the more susceptible they are to falling victim to radicalisation... the more we judge the whole on the actions of 1 or 2, the more of the whole we lose, and before you know it, that 1 or 2 has become a few, then a substantial amount... and then many etc etc
    exactly. the hatred and ignorance bred, in the sake of 'security', is more counter productive than anything. the venemous attitudes, stemming from a 'them vs us' mentality, is only going to worsen the situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Observatory)
    http://www.shariawatch.org.uk/articl...s#.VkfJi7wy08o

Surveys find that among British muslims a large minority will agree with extremist positions (e.g. passive support for terrorism) and a large majority consider themselves equally or more loyal to the Ummah as Britain.

If 27% of white men had some sympathy for school shooters then I do not think segregated schools for white men would be unreasonably.
    if muslims were a signficant threat, there is billion+ of them. we would be dead/living in a warzone

also, who is to say white men don't have these attitudes? there was a surge of support from white men for the 2014 isla vista killings, but i highly doubt anyone will be performing a survey for them any time soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z0zza)
    exactly. the hatred and ignorance bred, in the sake of 'security', is more counter productive than anything. the venemous attitudes, stemming from a 'them vs us' mentality, is only going to worsen the situation
    unfortunately some people are either too stupid, ignorant, angry, hateful, selfish, or greedy (or a combination) to change the way that they think to solve the problem that we can alleviate simply by changing the way that we think...I mean, I'm all for 'them vs us' when terrorists are in the picture, but there's no need to a) connect terrorism solely to Islam b) judge the many by the actions of the few... This way of thinking only exacerbates situations, we need a united front... but I really don't see that happening ever - let alone any time soon...

ReputationRep:
    Why are the so called moderate Muslims even daring to apologise Islam and demonise the West for the terrorists? It is simple, either you detest Islamic terrorism or you are an Islamic terrorist.

No talk of Yankee nutters shooting up their schools is needed.

ReputationRep:
    Terrorism has no religion. They're not Muslim, they're monsters. I feel sorry for and pray for the victims, their families, the communities affected, and people practicing Islam peacefully and having to deal with sad posts like this.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2016
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.