Scroll to see replies

Khalid21

Firstly, how much were you paid? 😂😂

Also, what did you do during the week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Khalid21
Hi Guys,

I was on the Business Insight week last year at the London Bridge office. If anyone has any questions even if you are not at a London office please do not hesitate to ask or pm me as I had a blast last year and im sure a few of you may be curious about certain things.

Ask away,

Khalid

Khalid21

Original post by cdabke
Hey guys,

Has anyone heard back from the PwC London main office? I'm still waiting for the email. Fingers crossed!

A few of us have! Good luck :smile:

Hi Guys,

I was on the Business Insight week last year at the London Bridge office. If anyone has any questions even if you are not at a London office please do not hesitate to ask or pm me as I had a blast last year and im sure a few of you may be curious about certain things.

Ask away,

Khalid

Original post by truemiscer
Khalid21

Literally what I was going to ask :biggrin:

Hi Guys,

Ask away,

Khalid

Just wondering, how many people were at London Bridge and how many got school leaver offers?
Loool good question, for the London office it was £9.45 an hour plus expenses and without going into to much detail, basically some shadowing, meetings, a look at the different roles and routes in to the firm and a surprise on the last day to put in to practise everything you've learnt
Original post by sanchit117

Just wondering, how many people were at London Bridge and how many got school leaver offers?

It's spread around the different London offices depending on what service line you'll be working in but in my office there were 7 of us.

Sorry but just to be clear do you mean on the work experience or on the school leaver scheme for after finishing your A levels?
It's spread around the different London offices depending on what service line you'll be working in but in my office there were 7 of us.

Sorry but just to be clear do you mean on the work experience or on the school leaver scheme for after finishing your A levels?

Ah right, I was under the impression us London workers would all be at the More London offices!
I mean, on the work experience, how many people were given offers to the school leaver scheme? I ask because on the program details, it says "with the opportunity to secure a School and College leaver role with us once you’ve completed your A-Levels".

Loool good question, for the London office it was £9.45 an hour plus expenses and without going into to much detail, basically some shadowing, meetings, a look at the different roles and routes in to the firm and a surprise on the last day to put in to practise everything you've learnt

Hang on a sec, if that's a 37 hour week that's a ton of money especially if they pay for expenses too... Did you get around £350 then?
Holy crap! I got in! I was starting to get so worried about failing my interview as well. I'm so happy! :wink:

@jamestg are you doing it on 22nd or on the 8th?
Reply 327
What service line did you work in and why did you choose it? Also, what was the induction like and was it in the London office?
Reply 328
Original post by popcornjpg
Holy crap! I got in! I was starting to get so worried about failing my interview as well. I'm so happy! :wink:

Congrats!!!

I'm doing it on the 22nd :biggrin:
Original post by jamestg
Congrats!!!

I'm doing it on the 22nd :biggrin:

Fantastic! Can't wait to meet you and others :biggrin: Good luck to anyone who hasn't yet received an offer.
Reply 330
Fantastic! Can't wait to meet you and others :biggrin: Good luck to anyone who hasn't yet received an offer.

Eeeeek! I'm so excited! :biggrin:
Reply 331
Has anyone else still heard nothing from PWC? I haven't had any call or email saying I've been accepted or rejected, and I'm pretty sure they were meant to tell us by today?
Ah right, I was under the impression us London workers would all be at the More London offices!
I mean, on the work experience, how many people were given offers to the school leaver scheme? I ask because on the program details, it says "with the opportunity to secure a School and College leaver role with us once you’ve completed your A-Levels".

Cool I just wanted to make sure. Getting the work experience does not guarantee you a school leaver role it just fast tracks you on to the second to last stage. You still need to pass this assessment centre and a final partner interview in order to get on to the programme. I did personally get a school leaver place because i thought the programme was amazing and I know a few people who were successful as well but not all of us got it unfortunately which just highlights how competitive it is, especially certain service lines.

Hang on a sec, if that's a 37 hour week that's a ton of money especially if they pay for expenses too... Did you get around £350 then?

Yeah it's pretty sweet , a little taste of PwC I guess and yeah it was around that figure
Reply 333

Congratulations!! :smile: what office did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rishi L
What service line did you work in and why did you choose it? Also, what was the induction like and was it in the London office?

I'm guessing it's different this year because for my intake you were put on to one service line for the majority of work shadowing and you mentor is supposed to organise you getting to see the other services lines as well. I was put on to tax but even before the programme I wanted to get assurance so needless to say I enjoyed that day and aspect of the work experience the most.

For us everyone who got on to the programme across England and Ireland had to go to Birmingham for the induction but this may have changed. Travel expenses are reimbursed if that is not your base office and if you are over 2-1/2 hours away you have the option to come the night before and stay in a hotel which was soooo much fun. The induction is pretty fun as well, just general talks, ice breakers, good food(I won't spoil what you're getting) and a overview of the week to come. I'll admit the first 10 minutes but only that is quite tense because everyone recognises the calibre of the people their but after the sizing up finishes everyone talks and its a lot of fun meeting people from all over the country.
Yeah it's pretty sweet , a little taste of PwC I guess and yeah it was around that figure

Thanks for the help!! Very excited now!

Does anyone want to make a Telegram group or something for those going to the same office in the same days?
Original post by _niki
Congratulations!! :smile: what office did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

London Bridge

There were around 6/7 of us at London bridge, 2 at Embankment (Head office) and a couple at hays Galleria , and besides me there were at least 2 others, getting this puts you in a good position but don't get complacent, you would not believe some of other applicants that were at the assessment centre.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 339
Received an email from PwC this afternoon saying i got accepted! Very very excited :biggrin:
I'll be going to the London Riverside office for the 22nd August week.

@sanchit117 Great idea.

PM me if anyone is going to the same office during the same week.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending