Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel K)
    Looks like its time to start revision. New to the thread so was wondering if there are any revision documents floating around?? Any help is appreciated.
    Check out the sister site getrevising.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sylavela)
    Check out the sister site getrevising.com
    Great, thank you! At first I wasn't sure whether that was a jab at my laziness or genuine help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    what topics did you do?
    All of them. Do you mean what I studied or the questions I answered?

ReputationRep:
    Looks like its time to start revision. New to the thread so was wondering if there are any revision documents floating around?? Any help is appreciated.

(Original post by mollyadtr)
    Here's all of them including the unit 2 ones ☺️Posted from TSR Mobile
    just quoting these handy predictions from another thread ^^ (thanks)

ReputationRep:
    Hahahah omg XD They have some good stuff it's where I've written all of my notes from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IRoranth)
    just quoting these handy predictions from another thread ^^ (thanks)
    Lovely, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    You should definitely talk about Jeremy Corbyn's ideologies/policy proposals- shows the examiner you keep up with current affairs!

For political parties (sorry i'm not doing pressure groups), just look at what cameron and corbyn both want in each policy area, e.g. in education, economy, defence, etc. Keep up to date with the news, the examiners really like that apparently.

Edit: Actually, for pressure groups, I remember my teacher telling us to look up relevant pressure groups- so for example, find particular pressure groups and research them, e.g. were they successful in proposing new legislation- which you could use in a "success of pressure groups" essay, or something.

hope I helped
    yes you did, thank you- looks like i need to catch up on the news tonight lmao

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so my timing is terrible(just for politics really) and i was wondering instead of doing
    Intro
    3 for
    3 against
    Conclusion

would it be alright to do
    intro
    2 for
    2 against
    conclusion

because i honestly doubt i'll have enough time? will it impact my grade???

ReputationRep:
    You should definitely talk about Jeremy Corbyn's ideologies/policy proposals- shows the examiner you keep up with current affairs!

For political parties (sorry i'm not doing pressure groups), just look at what cameron and corbyn both want in each policy area, e.g. in education, economy, defence, etc. Keep up to date with the news, the examiners really like that apparently.

Edit: Actually, for pressure groups, I remember my teacher telling us to look up relevant pressure groups- so for example, find particular pressure groups and research them, e.g. were they successful in proposing new legislation- which you could use in a "success of pressure groups" essay, or something.

hope I helped
    Soooooo, what are your predictions for political parties? No one I know is doing this topic, apparently its the hardest because of the sheer number of different questions that could come up :/

ReputationRep:
    Great, thank you! At first I wasn't sure whether that was a jab at my laziness or genuine help
    I started revising earlier this week. Unit 2 is really annoying. We havent been taught properly and hardly know some of the questions. hopefully as predicted its consitutuion 40 marker

ReputationRep:
    i think my unit 1 will go fine but not unit 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stepholmes)
    Soooooo, what are your predictions for political parties? No one I know is doing this topic, apparently its the hardest because of the sheer number of different questions that could come up :/
    Really?? I think the questions are quite repetitive- excluding the 5 markers, they always put either define consensus, define adversarial, distinguish between right/left wing, define Thatcherism, define liberalism, etc. So, yeah the 5 markers are pretty unpredictable, as well as 10 markers.

But for 25 markers, I feel like it's really repetitive, like divisions between conservative party and labour party or divisions within the conservative or labour party- or just saying how they're different to their old ideologies.
    I'm not sure on what else they could ask for 25 markers, except for maybe functions of political parties? D:

what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllanSmith22)
    I started revising earlier this week. Unit 2 is really annoying. We havent been taught properly and hardly know some of the questions. hopefully as predicted its consitutuion 40 marker
    Same worried about unit 2
    Hope the questions are nicetbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllanSmith22)
    i think my unit 1 will go fine but not unit 2
    Oh unit one is gonna kill me bro! My teacher for this unit is useless and has literally put me to sleep most lessons. Luckily my unit 2 teacher is great.

My main worry is my current insufficient application knowledge

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone we can merge threads?
    There like 3 threads and it's annoying haha

ReputationRep:
    Really?? I think the questions are quite repetitive- excluding the 5 markers, they always put either define consensus, define adversarial, distinguish between right/left wing, define Thatcherism, define liberalism, etc. So, yeah the 5 markers are pretty unpredictable, as well as 10 markers.

But for 25 markers, I feel like it's really repetitive, like divisions between conservative party and labour party or divisions within the conservative or labour party- or just saying how they're different to their old ideologies.
    I'm not sure on what else they could ask for 25 markers, except for maybe functions of political parties? D:

what do you think?
    I'm really not sure but hopefully nothing on current policies and ideas because I just never know what to write!! Something nice like Old Conservatism vs Thatcherism idk lol, good luck anyway ))))))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namjoonu)
    Hey, so my timing is terrible(just for politics really) and i was wondering instead of doing
    Intro
    3 for
    3 against
    Conclusion

would it be alright to do
    intro
    2 for
    2 against
    conclusion

because i honestly doubt i'll have enough time? will it impact my grade???
    Im the same to be honest. I am really worried about the time, but then again, the more you can write the better.

I think Im going to try and do the 5 and ten marker as quickly as possible, and therefore have plenty of time for the 25 marker. I think most mark schemes only require 2 for and 2 against for level 3 too, but the more you can write, chances are, the greater chance you will pick up A01 marks.

Im going to aim for 3 for and 3 against. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stepholmes)
    I'm really not sure but hopefully nothing on current policies and ideas because I just never know what to write!! Something nice like Old Conservatism vs Thatcherism idk lol, good luck anyway ))))))
    Wait, old conservatism is one nation tories, right? Lool, good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewismioc)
    Im the same to be honest. I am really worried about the time, but then again, the more you can write the better.

I think Im going to try and do the 5 and ten marker as quickly as possible, and therefore have plenty of time for the 25 marker. I think most mark schemes only require 2 for and 2 against for level 3 too, but the more you can write, chances are, the greater chance you will pick up A01 marks.

Im going to aim for 3 for and 3 against. Hope this helps
    i write my 5 and 10 markers pretty fast so hopefully i'll be alright too! goodluck. hopefully you'll smash it :') x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namjoonu)
    i write my 5 and 10 markers pretty fast so hopefully i'll be alright too! goodluck. hopefully you'll smash it :' x
    Thank you!! And same, i usually spend about 12mins on the 5 and ten marker so hopefully i will do that in the exam.

Good luck too!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 1, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.