Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got 0111 001 for the first, and the second was 0.375 i think

ReputationRep:
    We need some computing genius/teacher to create an unofficial mark scheme! That would be so great!

ReputationRep:
    What a good paper! I think ocr are trying to redeem themselves after last years f452

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordyP)
    What a good paper! I think ocr are trying to redeem themselves after last years f452
    Yeah! At least we weren't expected to know the rules of international football! LOL I wouldn't be able to tell a golf ball from a football!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfie90)
    I'm pretty i got 0111 001

Do you guys agree?
    mantissa was -----------> 0111 and exponent was -----------> 001
    in the given form of (4 and 3 bits respectively) so

the part b was ---------------> 0.375

ReputationRep:
    May sound silly but there was a 3 marker asking about Von Neumann fetch-decode-execute cycle. Me or anyone else who sat the paper at my school didn't actually know what they were asking for? Anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajh2016)
    May sound silly but there was a 3 marker asking about Von Neumann fetch-decode-execute cycle. Me or anyone else who sat the paper at my school didn't actually know what they were asking for? Anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put this:

Fetch: instruction/data held at address stored in PC is passed to MAR->MDR->CIR
    Decode:Instruction in CIR split into operand and opcode
    Execute:Control Unit executes/processes the instruction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aydin7)
    Not a correct solution
    find p
    set p as hand_brake

can't remember the exact syntax.
    Why was it not a correct a solution? It followed the rules

ReputationRep:
    I put this:

Fetch: instruction/data held at address stored in PC is passed to MAR->MDR->CIR
    Decode:Instruction in CIR split into operand and opcode
    Execute:Control Unit executes/processes the instruction
    i'm in the same boat as you.................... didn't have a clue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRmax)
    Why was it not a correct a solution? It followed the rules
    I checked the values of P,Q in the rules as A,B and non of them were correct(or so I thought).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raman_17)
    i'm in the same boat as you.................... didn't have a clue
    Yeah. Anything I thought of was too much detail for 3 marks so I did the same!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wardd012)
    Attachment 554900

Exactly the same layout with one module at the top (calculating wages) and 4 sub modules underneath including the bullet points mentioned in the question, in the space below you had to describe what stepwise refinement was (modules broken down again and again into smaller modules until solvable algorithms are produced) referring to your diagram as examples plus some explanation behind it
    I broke it down further into calculate earnings and calculate deductions, do you think they would still award marks?

ReputationRep:
    Here's what I can remember:

round robin scheduling
    first come first served scheduling
    smallest job first scheduling

CISC - complicated integrated circuit, complex instructions, harder to debug
    RISC - reduced instructions, easier to debug

binary was
    0111 001
    0.375 (3/8)

Scheduling is necessary for fair processing of jobs, maximize use of CPU, utilise resources, most jobs in least amount of time

Question about 15-19 years olds ---------------------> the field was AGE

8 marker -------------> PC, MAR, MDR, CIR, Accumulator and jump instructions

for question involving declarative language:
    W - fact
    X - goal
    Y - rule
    Z - instantiation

Backtracking is going back to a successful previous match to try and find another solution
    step 12 - one solutions is blah blah
    step 13 - attempt to solve (p)
    step 14 - finds p=(hand_brake)

credit to Aydin7:
    I copied the original example except for the 'where' line, which i altered to:
    WHERE (Age>=15) AND (Age<=18)

I'll add more when i remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raman_17)
    Here's what I can remember:

Question about 15-19 years olds ---------------------> the field was AGE

I add more when i remember
    I copied the original example except for the 'where' line, which i altered to:
    WHERE (Age>=15) AND (Age<=18)

ReputationRep:
    Feeling good about that exam

What registers did people write about for the 8 marker? I did PC, MAR, MDR, CIR, accumulator and interrupt register when it is checked at each cycle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wardd012)
    I think the 6 mark question stated something like "multiple variables called by procedures", i think they were looking for something similar to "variables are lost from memory once a procedure has finished executing therefore allowing the variable name to be reused in different procedures" (thats what i put anyway), I also talked about how local variables override global variables with the same name

I mentioned the use of global variables briefly but who knows you could be right :/
    I was talking about the scope question.

Definition of scope from wikipedia is 'A variable can be either of global or local scope. A global variable is a variable declared in the main body of the source code, outside all functions, while a local variable is one declared within the body of a function or a block.'

ReputationRep:
    People getting 0.375 for that binary question and I realise even though I got the right exponent (negative) I still moved the decimal point to the right, not left.

ReputationRep:
    Also which method did people use for the quick sort question? My whole class chose the pivot method, was wondering if anyone chose pointers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dapperblook22)
    Also which method did people use for the quick sort question? My whole class chose the pivot method, was wondering if anyone chose pointers.
    I did pivot and explained it with text, I then started an attempt at doing it with pointers underneath but gave up because I couldn't remember lol
    Did you order into ascending? I don't think it specified for any of the searching/sorting Qs, so i just put a one line statement for each that i assumed ascending order.

ReputationRep:
    I did pivot and explained it with text, I then started an attempt at doing it with pointers underneath but gave up because I couldn't remember lol
    Did you order into ascending? I don't think it specified for any of the searching/sorting Qs, so i just put a one line statement for each that i assumed ascending order.
    Yeah I also did ascending. I wrote down the algorithm first then completed it by explaining each line when the new pivots were chosen.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.