Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Latin Beauty)
    and i was tellin u skilled by industry standards and ur standards..

this is my point now where i said u mix ur opinion with facts

cuz u dont know the industry...u only know ur thoughts and think thats it

i already answered this in the future platinum post....

reread that address me or dead this and take the lesson for next time
    If you still think skilled = sales, I really have wasted my time. I won't be taking any lessons from you, you're a retard who thinks Dr Dre writes for himself and Future Platinum is a good rapper when he's a prime example of someone who sells because his music sounds good to people's ears, so people buy it regardless of how crap the lyrics are. It's the same reason dance music with no lyrics sells, or the same reason that cheesy pop songs sell even though the lyrics could have been thought up by a five year old - it sounds good to people, they're not listening to it for the lyrics. People like Biggie and Nas sell because they're good and people like their lyrics, people like Future and Drake sell because people like the sound of their music even though the lyrics aren't great, and to be considered a good rapper you need to be a good lyricist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    If you still think skilled = sales, I really have wasted my time. I won't be taking any lessons from you, you're a retard who thinks Dr Dre writes for himself and Future Platinum is a good rapper when he's a prime example of someone who sells because his music sounds good to people's ears, so people buy it regardless of how crap the lyrics are. It's the same reason dance music with no lyrics sells, or the same reason that cheesy pop songs sell even though the lyrics could have been thought up by a five year old - it sounds good to people, they're not listening to it for the lyrics. People like Biggie and Nas sell because they're good and people like their lyrics, people like Future and Drake sell because people like the sound of their music even though the lyrics aren't great, and to be considered a good rapper you need to be a good lyricist.
    dance music is cuz people dance to it....lmao tf

hip hop is lyrical and rhythmical so dont compare

so tell me why they like the sound if its so bad

like i said....all the good old school lyrical rappers nas big and the trash new school ones accordin to u...future...lil wayne....both have big popularity and big sales yet they are different

yet the trash lyrical old school ones like royce...black rob dont sell much just like the trash new school ones like trinidad james

explain how....trinidad j and future got similar styles like nas and royce do....yet they both dont sell the same?

doesnt make sense....wouldnt be a correlation....obviously there must be some skill....but u dont see that cuz ur puttin ur personal opinion into it...where i could ask another dude and he will say future is amazing....u make no sense

answer that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    What the **** did I just read?

This is utterly insane!
    Kurt cobain is massively over rated in my opinion, and that is not a term i use a lot.

ReputationRep:
    IIImatic

Slim shady LP

Ready to die

Life after death

All Eyez on me

The Eminem show

The big picture - Big L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Latin Beauty)
    dance music is cuz people dance to it....lmao tf

hip hop is lyrical and rhythmical so dont compare

so tell me why they like the sound if its so bad

like i said....all the good old school lyrical rappers nas big and the trash new school ones accordin to u...future...lil wayne....both have big popularity and big sales yet they are different

yet the trash lyrical old school ones like royce...black rob dont sell much just like the trash new school ones like trinidad james

explain how....trinidad j and future got similar styles like nas and royce do....yet they both dont sell the same?

doesnt make sense....wouldnt be a correlation....obviously there must be some skill....but u dont see that cuz ur puttin ur personal opinion into it...where i could ask another dude and he will say future is amazing....u make no sense

answer that
    I dont like your argument because you implied future and Wayne are bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    The College Dropout is an absolute classic imo! Section.80 is probably my favorite K.dot album, maybe not the best one or most impactful but I enjoy life the most when I have one of those songs going
    section 80 is really good.. HiiPower.. Ronald Reagan Era.. Hol Up etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Kurt cobain is massively over rated in my opinion, and that is not a term i use a lot.
    Outrageous.
    You seem like such a level-headed guy, I just can't imagine where you'd get that idea from. Watch a documentary about him or something, the guy was clearly a genius (and I don't use that term a lot).

Still, don't want to derail the thread; if you disagree, that's cool.

Wu Tang, Wu Tang is the greatest...
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Chief keef best ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Attempt)
    IIImatic

Slim shady LP

Ready to die

Life after death

All Eyez on me

The Eminem show

The big picture - Big L
    All eyez on me was fire 💯
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ytteFpaW)
    Even Eminem himself said Tupac and Biggie and Big L are better than him. He also made a song dedicated towards them. In an interview he said he looked up to them as role models and he tries to copy/merge there styles together. Before Eminem started releasing rap albums he sent a letter to Afeni Shakur (Tupac's Mother) and she allowed him to remix some unreleased content. The letter he wrote is on display at the Tupac Amaru Shakur Center for the Arts in Georgia USA. So lets end this discussion with what I said before as correct.
    Like I say, sentimental reasons - the other guys never really clicked for me
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by trillinhomie)
    sorry to break it to you but Eminem isn't the rap god mane
    Meh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.