The Student Room Group

More than half of British Muslims say homosexuality should be outlawed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaconandSauce
At least they are not Wild Animals Frank, as you think, and they can be educated not to hate (it's worked in the UK with Issues such as Racism etc..)

But as you think they are wild animals no wonder you think the way you do.

Learn what an analogy is, and also appreciate that I was talking specifically about those who react violently to provocative protests, and also note that I only said one animal and not a multitude of wild animals as you imply.
Original post by Frank Underwood
Learn what an analogy is.

Learn what Racism of Low expectations is

But as I said Muslim are not wild animals so any comparison is wrong and really dehumanising towards them
Learn what an analogy is, and also appreciate that I was talking specifically about those who react violently to provocative protests, and also note that I only said one animal and not a multitude of wild animals as you imply.

So only those who react violently when 'provoked' are like a Wild Animal then is this your claim?
So only those who react violently when 'provoked' are like a Wild Animal then is this your claim?

I see you are finally reading my posts, thats a first. But I did say 'venomous snake' and not generically 'wild animals'... But the point is, its an analogy.
Original post by shawtyb
wait what?
guess il just go shut myself back in my closet then...
no need for any extreme measures

however, to claim that killing apostates, homosexuals, adulterers is justified, constitutes hate speech, just like claiming that killing Muslims is justified

it should be treated in the same way
I see you are finally reading my posts, thats a first. But I did say 'venomous snake' and not generically 'wild animals'... But the point is, its an analogy.

Yes an an analogy where you compared Muslims to a wild Animal

A bit like the Nazi did to the Jews in the 1930's when they were using analogies to dehumanise them.

But enough of your bigotry so try not to derail another thread with your hatred Frank.

This is about a different kind of bigotry and you don't counter it by being a bigger bigot.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mariachi
no need for any extreme measures

however, to claim that killing apostates, homosexuals, adulterers is justified, constitutes hate speech, just like claiming that killing Muslims is justified

it should be treated in the same way

or how about they just go on with their own lives and not give a toss about other peoples sexualities
Thing is we though educating Muslims would solve the issue

It seems this has failed so we will need to look at alternative approaches

Educating them what, something that Islam has declared haraam. That we should accept homosexuality and have gay parades for them?
Original post by ivybridge
That's because we understand what it's like to be treated like total trash. Two wrongs don't make a right.

If you look at the history of gay rights in the United Kingdom, you'll see that we gave relentless support to the miners during the Thatcher era and that ended up building our support to a level that meant the age of consent was equalised and we started to gain much more widespread support and respect. There are many muslims out there who do not condemn homosexuals - in fact my best friend is a muslim and he and is family have been my biggest support system ever. We should focus on how there is still a relatively large percentage of the muslim population offerring support and I think this will grow.

Putting the LGBT movement on parr with a barbaric anti-women, anti-gay and basically anti-human doctrine led by a seventh century bandit?

I'm sure this will work out well for you.
Original post by digistar_100
Educating them what, something that Islam has declared haraam. That we should accept homosexuality and have gay parades for them?

Well, if you think trying to get people like you to understand and respect our culture is wrong, maybe we shouldn't let people like you in the country.
Yes an an analogy where you compared Muslims to a wild Animal

A bit like the Nazi did to the Jews in the 1930's when they were using analogies to dehumanise them.

But enough of your bigotry so try not to derail another thread with your hatred Frank.

This is about a different kind of bigotry and you don't counter it by being a bigger bigot.

:troll: confirmed

I've said about 5 times that I (using an analogy) compared anyone, regardless of their religion, who reacts violently to protests, as 'venomous snakes'.

Goodbye

Yes you need to accept it and accept there are gay muslims and people can be openly gay and this is OK (this would least stop you being social pariahs)

But no need to hold a parade for them as we have those already (and yes muslim and Christian groups do partake)
you can disapprove of whatever you want, call it haram etc: whether it is apostasy, adultery, homosexuality, drinking alcohol or stamp collecting

but if you publicly justify executing the relevant "culprits", expect people not only to denounce you, but expect also legal/social consequences

the least which should happen to you is to be banned from TSR

best
Original post by hannah097
Putting the LGBT movement on parr with a barbaric anti-women, anti-gay and basically anti-human doctrine led by a seventh century bandit?

I'm sure this will work out well for you.

What are you talking about? :s-smilie:
Original post by ivybridge
What are you talking about? :s-smilie:

Your utterly foolish comment about how LGBT groups should blindly support Islam because its 'treated like trash'
Yes you need to accept it and accept there are gay muslims and people can be openly gay and this is OK (this would least stop you being social pariahs)

But no need to hold a parade for them as we have those already (and yes muslim and Christian groups do partake)

It might be accepted in atheism which has no ultimate law maker and you act on whatever desire you wish to fulfil but it will never be accepted in Islam. And pushing young Muslims to deviate and purposefuly blur the ones about what is acceptable and not won't get you far either.

As for the article it shouldn't be surprise to anyone nor a threat. We aren't suddenly going to take control of the country overnight, these are passive opinions.
Original post by hannah097
Your utterly foolish comment about how LGBT groups should blindly support Islam because its 'treated like trash'

Except I didn't say that? I said that's potentially why they do. You are incoherent - do one.
Original post by shawtyb
or how about they just go on with their own lives and not give a toss about other peoples sexualities
that is of course the end goal : but we are far from that. And, there is always a wider social aspect to sexual morals, it is not a purely individual issue

however, sexual morality does change quite a lot over time, and has changed a lot in recent years. Morality standards are now quite different from, say, only 40 years ago. This means a difficult adaptation for people who come from different countries, as well as for people who think they detain the "ultimate truth" as far as sexual morality is concerned

So, while we can understand their problems, this is no good reason to give in on what we consider now as basic principles and freedoms in our society

best
People reacting like this is breaking news to their ears and not common knowledge for years as another excuse to bash Islam. Keep trying.

People like you are truly moronic. Islam is a truly vile ideoloy, but no matter how many facts you're given, no matter how much you're told, you'll sweep it under the rug and say 'stop bashing Islam', as if you're trying to play peace keeper. What will it take for you to actually not be so ignorant and realise that there is a problem with Islam, and that the people calling it out are not just 'bashing Islam'? People like you are the reason Islam is such a problem in the UK. Rather than directly addressing it, you're too scared of being labelled an 'islamaphobe' or racist, so it is allowed to continue spreading hate.
Original post by TheTechN1304
People like you are truly moronic. Islam is a truly vile ideoloy, but no matter how many facts you're given, no matter how much you're told, you'll sweep it under the rug and say 'stop bashing Islam', as if you're trying to play peace keeper. What will it take for you to actually not be so ignorant and realise that there is a problem with Islam, and that the people calling it out are not just 'bashing Islam'? People like you are the reason Islam is such a problem in the UK. Rather than directly addressing it, you're too scared of being labelled an 'islamaphobe' or racist, so it is allowed to continue spreading hate.

How does hating relentlessly on a 1.5 millennia old religion, which evidently is no longer followed to the word by the majority of western Muslims, actually helping the situation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending