Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Switzerland Suspends Citizenship process for Muslim Family watch

Why didn't they shake the women's hands? Because Islam is a religion of peace.

(Original post by Josb)
    I had noticed a little improvement in your posts in the last couple of months, but it seems that you have now returned to your usual strawman ********.
    "A little improvement?" Damn! It should be going the other way.

In tackling the point that you have made (and it is a glaring omission when the other participant goes off on a tangent), the difference between us and Saudi Arabia is that we just don't pay lip service to the substantive rights of people, criminals and law abiding citizens alike.

Should you wish that we become like Saudi Arabia (i.e: a piece of paper tells us that we stand for HR), then that could very well be arranged. Should you wish that we be as democratic as the "Democratic People's Republic of Korea" (North), then that could be arranged as well. Should you wish that we pay no attention to the substantive rights of men and simply tick a box to fool people into thinking that we stand for concepts which we would subvert everyday, then that I'm sure, can also be arranged.

But I want to, and I'm sure many other like minded Britons would desire that we live in a country that has integrity, remains honoroble and is just to all, and not just a select few.

(Original post by Duncaaaaaan)
    Why didn't they shake the women's hands? Because Islam is a religion of peace.
    It's funny how some people say that Islam and all Muslims can't be generalized because of the actions of a few, which is a very fair point, but then generalize Islam as a religion of peace, when they have such incredibly unpeaceful aspects both within their religious texts and modern-day Islamic communities and cultures.

They rightfully criticize those that wish to generalize Islam and Muslims as negative things using logical arguments, then use the illogical "logic" of their opponents to reach the opposite conclusion. Hypocrisy.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2016
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.