Ask Her Majesty's Government – Parliament XXIII

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    With the government having released only one item of quality, or two items if the review by the Department for Business, Innovation, and Skills is counted, in the two weeks since the MoNC was presented, when can members expect to see all of the quality items that the government apparently has been debating in the government's private forum for months? I helped save the government, however, I feel stupid for believing the excuses the government gave about there being exams; a second MoNC will have a different outcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    With the government having released only one item of quality, or two items if the review by the Department for Business, Innovation, and Skills is counted, in the three weeks since the MoNC was presented, when can members expect to see all of the quality items that the government apparently has been debating in the government's private forum for months? I helped save the government, however, I feel stupid for believing the excuses the government gave about there being exams; a second MoNC will have a different outcome.
    It was 16 days ago and none of us said those exams or other commitments would end immediately…

ReputationRep:
    With the government having released only one item of quality, or two items if the review by the Department for Business, Innovation, and Skills is counted, in the three weeks since the MoNC was presented, when can members expect to see all of the quality items that the government apparently has been debating in the government's private forum for months? I helped save the government, however, I feel stupid for believing the excuses the government gave about there being exams; a second MoNC will have a different outcome.
    My last exam was today (Edexcel Physics Unit 5 for reference).

My immediate priorities are a prison reform bill and a joint statement with Krollo on the Government's plans for Narcotics.

I will also be encouraging all Secretary of States to continue working away and will make swift decisions if people aren't putting the effort in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    It was 16 days ago and none of us said those exams or other commitments would end immediately…
    It is three weeks on Sunday but that does not matter, if the government has items in the government's private forum those items could have been released; not all government members still have exams going on.

(Original post by PetrosAC)
    My last exam was today (Edexcel Physics Unit 5 for reference).

My immediate priorities are a prison reform bill and a joint statement with Krollo on the Government's plans for Narcotics.

I will also be encouraging all Secretary of States to continue working away and will make swift decisions if people aren't putting the effort in
    This does not mean much, you said the same thing last term but your plans were no presented, or plans that were presented were presented at the end of term. I see now reason why this term you will be more organised, nor has anything suggested you have the motivation to do better this term.

ReputationRep:
    With the government having released only one item of quality, or two items if the review by the Department for Business, Innovation, and Skills is counted, in the two weeks since the MoNC was presented, when can members expect to see all of the quality items that the government apparently has been debating in the government's private forum for months? I helped save the government, however, I feel stupid for believing the excuses the government gave about there being exams; a second MoNC will have a different outcome.
    In addition to Petros's bill, There are two major bills in the works: one on small business enterprise and one on houses (which is less close to being finished)

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone likes to pump out two paragraph bills calling another bill rubbish and just asking for it to be reversed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banterboy)
    Not everyone likes to pump out two paragraph bills calling another bill rubbish and just asking for it to be reversed
    To be fair, those Bills were written by myself and Nigel, and Nigel in particular is one of the most prolific authors of Bills in the MHoC, often with a good amount of detail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    To be fair, those Bills were written by myself and Nigel, and Nigel in particular is one of the most prolific authors of Bills in the MHoC, often with a good amount of detail.
    Underselling yourself there, your bills are normally full of detail and while not always the most exciting to read are clearly well written

ReputationRep:
    Given the court's view on the return of displaced Chagos islanders, will the government seek to bring legislation before the House to allow those displaced many years ago to return?

ReputationRep:
    It is three weeks on Sunday but that does not matter, if the government has items in the government's private forum those items could have been released; not all government members still have exams going on.

This does not mean much, you said the same thing last term but your plans were no presented, or plans that were presented were presented at the end of term. I see now reason why this term you will be more organised, nor has anything suggested you have the motivation to do better this term.
    (Original post by banterboy)
    In addition to Petros's bill, There are two major bills in the works: one on small business enterprise and one on houses (which is less close to being finished)
    There's also an amendment on the Local Govt Act (2000) to remove mayors which prevail over combined local authorities.

That's two from just my dept. :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Given the court's view on the return of displaced Chagos islanders, will the government seek to bring legislation before the House to allow those displaced many years ago to return?
    I would hope not, the island is home to an air base which plays an important role in Britain's global power projection; national security must come first here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    There's also an amendment on the Local Govt Act (2000) to remove mayors which prevail over combined local authorities.

That's two from just my dept. :smug:
    I like to think I am one of the more active members of the MHoC, but I cannot see all of these bills you talk about, nor do I remember these bills being debated, I must have a bad memory, have worse eyesight than I thought, or the bills have not been presented to all members of the MHoC. I think I have above average intelligence but I have not perfected the ability to read a member's mind over the internet to find out what the government's policy is, or what is written in a bill. For these bills you talk about to count as government activity, or to be credited, all members of the MHoC need to see the bills.

ReputationRep:
    I like to think I am one of the more active members of the MHoC, but I cannot see all of these bills you talk about, nor do I remember these bills being debated, I must have a bad memory, have worse eyesight than I thought, or the bills have not been presented to all members of the MHoC. I think I have above average intelligence but I have not perfected the ability to read a member's mind over the internet to find out what the government's policy is, or what is written in a bill. For these bills you talk about to count as government activity, or to be credited, all members of the MHoC need to see the bills.
    I haven't written up the bills formally yet, I've got a fairly detailed plan if you really want it for the 'Protection of Local Retail Trade Bill (2016)'.

But I don't really want it debated until it's written up formally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    I haven't written up the bills formally yet, I've got a fairly detailed plan if you really want it for the 'Protection of Local Retail Trade Bill (2016)'.

But I don't really want it debated until it's written up formally.
    That is a bigger disappointment, non-government MPs should not be expected to criticise government policy that is all in the mind of a government member, the government should start writing up the ideas in a bill, or a Statement of Intent.

ReputationRep:
    How about a PMQs after the by election results is confirmed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    How about a PMQs after the by election results is confirmed?
    Ready to ask difficult questions? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Ready to ask difficult questions? :sexface:
    Only if you're ready to answer them. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Only if you're ready to answer them. :sexface:
    Very well. :awesome:

DJ Fezmeister, spin that ****! (Tomorrow. )

ReputationRep:
    Very well. :awesome:

DJ Fezmeister, spin that ****! (Tomorrow. )
    Will get spinning!

ReputationRep:
    With 87 days having passed this term, will the government be keeping to its promise of having a budget ready in the first 90 days?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.