Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Palestine or Israel Watch

• View Poll Results: Palestine or Israel ?
    Palestine
    67.00%
    Israel
    27.09%
    I don't know
    5.91%

ReputationRep:
    Palestine all the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    Israel, give me 1 good thing Palestine has contributed to humanity? (protip: you cant).
    Dates and olives (or at least they did until settlers destroyed and stole all their crops).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    I didn't apologise.

But whatever.
    Please,be humble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theunitedGOAT)
    Israel, no one gives a shite about Palestine. Saudi and Egypt can take the Palestinians as refugees, instead of doing nothing
    5 million Palestinian refugees registered by UN? Arab countries certainly dream about it.. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj3k)
    Dates and olives (or at least they did until settlers destroyed and stole all their crops).
    Crops they were not able to harness efficiently. You're correct to assume that this may not justify settlements, but again, if we're going to nitpick, let's get the facts right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj3k)
    Dates and olives were also cultivated elsewhere.

Palestine was a desert before the Zionists arrived. They developed some very innovative way to have a powerful agriculture on arid lands (drip irrigation was notably invented in a kibbutz). By creating arable lands out of desert and swamps (in the north), Zionists could therefore feed the population in the area; many Arabs from now Syria and Jordan also immigrated to Palestine to work in Jewish farms.

Accusing the Israeli to have "destroyed and stolen" Palestinian crops is a bit ridiculous. Without them, they wouldn't even exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    Israel, give me 1 good thing Palestine has contributed to humanity? (protip: you cant).
    It's a bit unfair to ask this question considering that this is not even a state; you cannot compare it to Israel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I think that every Arab state with a significant number of Palestinians must recognise Israel, not just Syria - which currently cannot do that anyway.
    That would only add Lebanon - while there are large Palestinian populations in some other countries, the bulk are often not registered refugees.

Saudi also expected Israel to accommodate the Palestinian refugees.
    It made no specific demands, it just called for "a just solution".

Also, what other states 'should' do as a matter of international diplomacy is a rather different matter to the question of a peace deal.

I don't think it is a reasonable claim. Palestine is already full and cannot have much more new inhabitants. Arab states will have to make efforts integrating them.
    If Israel is too crowded and can't accomodate much more population increase, then first it ought to repeal the Law of Return which obliges it to theoretically accomodate every Jew in the world should they ask for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    It made no specific demands, it just called for "a just solution".
    It made - referencing U.N. General Assembly Resolution 194.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I know that and I've actually thanked you in the past for opening my eyes,have I not?
    Yup, but appear to have confused such efforts for a biased argument, on this occasion – perhaps you forgot yourself

I never said you said those things were justified. That was a general statement I was making about excuses used to justify israel's killings,nothing to do with what you've told me
    Good to know

But there was peace,was there not?
    Sometimes moreso, sometimes not

I'm a good Christian Girl and I try my best to follow in the footsteps of Christ but some things I am just so passionate about and yes it conflicts with certain aspects of my religion but it doesn't make me any less Christian as one person on this thread has judged me to be or any less pious
    How are we to be judged if not by the extent to which we follow the message and example of JC? Never forget your virtue, our actions define us

(Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Arguably such land is justified on the grounds of defense after the Six Days War but it does not surprise me in the slightest (considering that many of these people are still alive) that people are angry about displacement
    Similar(ly sensible) assessment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Yup, but appear to have confused such efforts for a biased argument, on this occasion – perhaps you forgot yourself

Good to know

Sometimes moreso, sometimes not

How are we to be judged if not by the extent to which we follow the message and example of JC? Never forget your virtue, our actions define us

Similar(ly sensible) assessment
    Very well

ReputationRep:
    Very well
    Very well, what, madam? :curious:

P.S. Relatedly, this might be worth a watch

ReputationRep:
    Very well, what, madam? :curious:

P.S. Relatedly, this might be worth a watch
    The advice you gave

Shukran

ReputationRep:
    The advice you gave
    Yes, what about it? :cute:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, what about it? :cute:
    I will endeavour to act according to the teachings of Christ and not judge fellow human beings for their wrong doings

ReputationRep:
    I will endeavour to act according to the teachings of Christ and not judge fellow human beings for their wrong doings
    ..to act more closely in accordance with the message and example of Christ and not to be so quick to judge others, going forward, daddy*

ReputationRep:
    ..to act more closely in accordance with the message and example of Christ and not to be so quick to judge others, going forward, daddy*
    Yes daddy but just secretly hate on the inside without saying a word

ReputationRep:
    Yes daddy but just secretly hate on the inside without saying a word
    Hate is the preserve of the weak, the wounded, and the darn right small minded vs. love, of the vibrant, the reborn, and the remarkably righteous

ReputationRep:
    Hate is the preserve of the weak, the wounded, and the darn right small minded vs. love, of the vibrant, the reborn, and the remarkably righteous
    I know but it's a part of human nature,unfortunately and humans are weak and imperfect

ReputationRep:
    True haha. The darn, small minded, right wing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.