Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Plz help I've left it so late what is the best way to scrape a pass. How should i revise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethan100)
    1 litre of Helium gas stored at a pressure of 800k Pa in a cylinder is released to fill a 5 litre party balloon. What is the pressure of the gas inside the balloon?
    800*5 ?

ReputationRep:
    The mark for an A was quite low last year, so do you think this years exam is going to be easier?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aston177)
    Plz help I've left it so late what is the best way to scrape a pass. How should i revise
    I recommend you use BBC Bitesize.

ReputationRep:
    Past papers

ReputationRep:
    1 litre of Helium gas stored at a pressure of 800k Pa in a cylinder is released to fill a 5 litre party balloon. What is the pressure of the gas inside the balloon?
    I would just leave it in litres? Don't you get the right answer if you just keep it in litres?

I don't see how anyone would be expected to know what 1 litre is in m3 lol ?

ReputationRep:
    Get off TSR right now and revise the entire day and possibly half the night with regular breaks of course. If you sleep at 3am you can get enough sleep in time for the exam and know everything as well.

I would recommend downloading the SQA course notes.

The course isn't even that big. Just power through it, honestly.

You're lucky this isn't higher but I hope you know you've screwed up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    And also Q8 on the National 5 2014 Physics MC paper. 1/8 is 0.125 so why is the correct answer C i.e 125?!?!?! URGH
    http://icandophysics.co.uk/sqa-physi...nal-5-physics/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biology_7)
    The mark for an A was quite low last year, so do you think this years exam is going to be easier?
    What was the mark for an A last year please?
    And for a B as well?

Could be. But then they'll raise the grade boundaries lol

ReputationRep:
    I've put the most useful revision sources for National 5 Physics on page 1 of this thread, take a look at those. Use BBC Bitesize and some of GCSE's content is useful as well to get a better understanding.

Feel free to spam this thread with questions and we'll try to help you out.

But seriously.

Start revising.

ReputationRep:
    And for a B as well?

Grade Boundaries for National 5 Physics Last year :

A Band 1 - 84%
    A - 68%
    B - 58%
    C - 48%
    D - 43%

ReputationRep:
    Grade Boundaries for National 5 Physics Last year :

A - 68%
    B - 58%
    C - 48%
    D - 43%
    I have the grade boundary list here however they've made a mistake and said physics is out of 100 but it's out of 130 in total?

they did that for 2014 as well so i'm unsure how it's really marked

ReputationRep:
    I have the grade boundary list here however they've made a mistake and said physics is out of 100 but it's out of 130 in total?

they did that for 2014 as well so i'm unsure how it's really marked
    Yeah I was unsure about that also...

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you also leave chemistry to the last day ? hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Wait, If the volume increases .. how does the temperature increase ?

Wouldn't it be the opposite because the particles would have more space to move around and collisions between the particles will also decrease ?

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you also leave chemistry to the last day ? hahaha
    Yeah, it was him.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, If the volume increases .. how does the temperature increase ?

Wouldn't it be the opposite because the particles would have more space to move around and collisions between the particles will also decrease ?
    The experiment of volume and temperature normally takes place in a syringe of gas, the nozzle will be sealed and the plunger is free to move. The increase in temperature caused the gas to expand and the plunger to move out along the syringe, increasing the volume.

When the gas is heated, the particles move more quickly because of the increase in the mean kinetic energy, therefore increasing the number of collisions with the walls of the container. As the plunger is free to move, the increased number of collisions pushes the plunger out therefore increasing the volume.

The pressure remains constant because at the original placement of the plunger the pressure is high but then the pressure exerts a force on the plunger therefore increasing the amount of space so the pressure goes back to the same.

ReputationRep:
    I actually did quite well in chemistry haha

ReputationRep:
    And for a B as well?

It was 68% for an A, 58% for a B, and 48% for a C

ReputationRep:
    What do we need to know about diffraction ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.