Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Barclays and UBS too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you sure about Barclays? Can't seem to find it on their website..

ReputationRep:
    So many companies opening up their applications are sort of encouraging me to get started applying but I'm still in the process of preparing a new CV and trying to put in the best possible application, anyone else feel this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ay42)
    Are you sure about Barclays? Can't seem to find it on their website..
    I didn't check. I saw them post on my Facebook feed saying it was open.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante991)
    So many companies opening up their applications are sort of encouraging me to get started applying but I'm still in the process of preparing a new CV and trying to put in the best possible application, anyone else feel this?
    There's no rush. I'm not planning on submitting anything until the end of the month.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same as you. Won't apply 'til early-mid september, though; I am completing a 1 month internship and even if unrelated I believe it will help if listed on my CV.
    I'd like to wait more 'cause I have some projects for september-october, but that would be too late. So early septemebr will be for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedroby)
    Is it pointless to apply without relevant work experience and finance-related ECs? Studying at a target with top GPA at least... I know I'm dumb.
    I believe that with top GPA and coming from a target you have solid chances... just my 2 cents though.

ReputationRep:
    for those who applied to SEO, did you have to take 2 numerical tests or just one?

ReputationRep:
    I know someone at JP who said they hired a Lincoln for a FO summer, so dont worry about it and put it your best applicaton

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know ppl form Loughborough that got into Black Stone, Citi, Lazard, Credit Suisse all FO. Life is beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    JPM ask if you're in your penultimate year of study for the summer application. I technically won't be, but am looking at undertaking a masters. Do you guys reckon I should select yes or no?

EDIT: no stupid competency questions for the application either?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    I know ppl form Loughborough that got into Black Stone, Citi, Lazard, Credit Suisse all FO. Life is beautiful.
    Yeah but Loughborough is doing well anyway, not that surprising really

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    None of these applications expire or anything if you keep your application as a draft for a long period, do they? Aware UBS deletes your draft after 30 days - any others do weird stuff like this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Yeah but Loughborough is doing well anyway, not that surprising really

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it is definitely getting better, but chasing the FOs is still very complicated, eventually they uni will get there I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    You could post this in the SW thread to kick it off

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I already started the thread and posted, but there is no activity.
    Regardless, thank you for the insightful comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Clockwork Apple)
    I already started the thread and posted, but there is no activity.
    Regardless, thank you for the insightful comment.
    There's a stickied one in the main forum

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    Any banks that offer SA positions to first year students? Given you've a solid CV and good work experience?
    you dont have to intern at a bb bank to develop a desireable skill set, think outside the box

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Table dust)
    you dont have to intern at a bb bank to develop a desireable skill set, think outside the box
    I'm interested in investment banking and most banks offering good SA's within this area are BB's.

ReputationRep:
    Credit Suisse is also open. You guys who are waiting before sending in your applications seem to be split between people waiting to finish a internship so they can add to their CV and those it want to take more time on their application.

Also JP does not seem to have a cover letter or am I being a idiot and not seeing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creamertnh)
    Credit Suisse is also open. You guys who are waiting before sending in your applications seem to be split between people waiting to finish a internship so they can add to their CV and those it want to take more time on their application.

Also JP does not seem to have a cover letter or am I being a idiot and not seeing it
    There are two classical motivational questions that are mandatory. In addition to that, you can attach optional CL under CV by choosing from drop-down menu.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    I'm interested in investment banking and most banks offering good SA's within this area are BB's.
    I think you missed the part that he said ''think outside the box'' haha

ReputationRep:
    Can you put an internship that you are currently undertaking down on your cv and apply or do you have to wait until youre finished?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.