Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i really hope they don't give us a ridiculously hard C2 paper like they did with C1. im doing past papers but there's little point doing them if the questions that actually do come up are a lot harder. i managed to do C1 easily but if they have that many tricks and traps in the C2 then i will almost certainly not get an A, the grade i want and need :/

ReputationRep:
    Having found that c1 paper reasonable, I dont think im going to do anymore madasmaths papers, Ive done a couple but I only attempted the hard questions. Just going to move onto past papers now and maybe a solomon paper in the end

ReputationRep:
    Who's doing D1?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please help me... I am doing this specimen paper for C2, but can't figure out this problem.
    Question 6, b

I used the geometric equation: ar^(n-1) < 500
    and solved for n, but it seems that the mark scheme did not include the -1 part in (n-1)... and so altered my value for n by 1.
    Why did they do this?

Thanks

Paper: https://c4a3f001dcd45afe69d0ceec8300...%20Edexcel.pdf

Mark Scheme: https://c4a3f001dcd45afe69d0ceec8300...%20Edexcel.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imjustaloner)
    Who's doing D1?
    not me...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any last minute videos or websites for C2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princess220)
    Does anyone have any last minute videos or websites for C2?
    http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-r.../C2/module.php
    I always go through all the videos the night before the exam to refresh my memory and then the ones I am not as confident on I have another look at in the morning. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imjustaloner)
    Who's doing D1?
    Meeeeee

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting sooo panicky now, I've done all the Solomon papers and Gold papers, and done well on them, but I really don't want to mess up C2 again. Praying my brain actually functions tomorrow lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeabeki)
    I'm getting sooo panicky now, I've done all the Solomon papers and Gold papers, and done well on them, but I really don't want to mess up C2 again. Praying my brain actually functions tomorrow lol
    Stay calm ... go through the questions slowly so that you don't make any stupid mistakes like I seem to always do .. and concentrate. Think outside the box on questions that you might struggle with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeabeki)
    If you understand the content then you should be good to go! If you do get into a2 maths you'll most likely resit this module unless u get 90+ UMS because you'll realise how simple this module is. Anyways good luck buddy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sleep early guys! That's the key to doing well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemondtan)
    kk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imran_)
    If you understand the content then you should be good to go! If you do get into a2 maths you'll most likely resit this module unless u get 90+ UMS because you'll realise how simple this module is. Anyways good luck buddy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I'm doing! I'm resitting C2 because last year I only got 69 UMS D: It seems a lot simpler now I've done C3/4 because there are certain things that can be applied to C2, but I'm just worried it will be a horrid paper because everyone was saying C1 was awful this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMathsMan)
    Stay calm ... go through the questions slowly so that you don't make any stupid mistakes like I seem to always do .. and concentrate. Think outside the box on questions that you might struggle with.
    I do that a lot too, a lot of the marks I lose are for randomly changing a sign for some reason or just making a transcription error, really need to get out of the habit of making daft mistakes like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemondtan)
    Not necessarily. #TeamNoSleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Lul

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by NYB)
    Can someone please help me... I am doing this specimen paper for C2, but can't figure out this problem.
    Question 6, b

I used the geometric equation: ar^(n-1) < 500
    and solved for n, but it seems that the mark scheme did not include the -1 part in (n-1)... and so altered my value for n by 1.
    Why did they do this?

Thanks

Paper: https://c4a3f001dcd45afe69d0ceec8300...%20Edexcel.pdf

Mark Scheme: https://c4a3f001dcd45afe69d0ceec8300...%20Edexcel.pdf
    It's to do with interpreting what n actually is - and the price decreases during the first year, so the first term is not a but ar and this can be reflected by finding ar^n, or.. that's one way of interpreting it, I suppose. Not finding this easy to explain/understand either, sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Saaame. That saved my S1 grade last year lmao

ReputationRep:
    pls based edexcel don't **** me like last year

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.