Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davist)
    Could you link the uo mark scheme pls?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4118415

ReputationRep:
    How people finding preparing for Paper 2 Biology! As well as preparing for Physics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cupcake)
    How people finding preparing for Paper 2 Biology! As well as preparing for Physics!
    flashcards, past papers, ez
    haven't started p456 but it's my last exam and i do best in physics so i'm feeling okay

ReputationRep:
    There's just so much information in each unit ........................

ReputationRep:
    How did people find the Biology Paper on 25th May, Paper 1, and how are people preparing for Paper 2? I am doing Physics also, so finding it hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellamoon_22)
    Transpiration/ guard cells 6mark
    Hi there

Any other predictions at all? Physics next Wednesday Paper 1, and Biology Paper 2! So much to still revise!

ReputationRep:
    People here should be taking the chemistry exam tomorrow? Here is a link to my new thread for that, enjoy http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post65618893

ReputationRep:
    Can u send me the 2015 papers on ocr gateway b b1 b2 b3 2015 than

ReputationRep:
    Does any1 have the unofficial mark scheme or grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    lol somehow managed to 100% this paper. How did you guys do for this subject?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have access to biology 2016 exam . i really need it .

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this thread exists yet, I'm probably too early haha

Does anyone have any predictions for what might come up in this exam? I'm struggling so much with B3 past papers at the moment its deep
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Vin57xd)

Does anyone have any predictions for what might come up in this exam? I'm struggling so much with B3 past papers at the moment its deep
    Hey! I did this paper last year, so although I can't predict any of the papers, I might be able to help you with B3 - what is it that you are struggling with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Hey! I did this paper last year, so although I can't predict any of the papers, I might be able to help you with B3 - what is it that you are struggling with?
    Ahh thanks so much! I feel like I know most of the content for B3 but my exam technique is lacking, I do past papers but I write the opposite to what the mark scheme says

Also, I have a feeling my controlled assessment grade will be quite low (maybe a low B), do you think I could still pull off an A*?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Ahh thanks so much! I feel like I know most of the content for B3 but my exam technique is lacking, I do past papers but I write the opposite to what the mark scheme says

Also, I have a feeling my controlled assessment grade will be quite low (maybe a low B), do you think I could still pull off an A*?
    No problem! I remember that exam technique was my biggest issue too. I think it might be a good idea for you to "cut" questions from the papers you do. By this, I mean that any questions you do and write the opposite, take this and write it on a flashcard and then write the mark scheme on the back. When you've done this for a number of questions, you can go through them and purely focus on these sorts of questions.

It's just an idea but I reckon it might work

As for your controlled assessment, I believe it still is 25% of your overall grade? And therefore you'll need quite a high mark in the exams to get a A* but if you do the revision now (which I'm sure you will) then there is nothing to say you can't achieve it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    No problem! I remember that exam technique was my biggest issue too. I think it might be a good idea for you to "cut" questions from the papers you do. By this, I mean that any questions you do and write the opposite, take this and write it on a flashcard and then write the mark scheme on the back. When you've done this for a number of questions, you can go through them and purely focus on these sorts of questions.

It's just an idea but I reckon it might work

As for your controlled assessment, I believe it still is 25% of your overall grade? And therefore you'll need quite a high mark in the exams to get a A* but if you do the revision now (which I'm sure you will) then there is nothing to say you can't achieve it!
    That's actually such a good idea, will help me so much to learn the mark scheme! Ah okay, really hope I can get high marks then - Thank you very much for your help

ReputationRep:

With B1 it's very unlikely to be anything on the eye or binocular vision, probably will be something on malnutrition and the difference between being fit and healthy, B2 I reckon it's going to be on adaptions and theories and sustainable development that sort of thing and for B3 it's all going to be on mitosis, meiosis, stem cells, structures of cells. It's probably not going to have anything on respiration and growth (thank goodness) but that's all I know. It's a guess because they never repeat the questions from the most recent past paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie290701)
    With B1 it's very unlikely to be anything on the eye or binocular vision, probably will be something on malnutrition and the difference between being fit and healthy, B2 I reckon it's going to be on adaptions and theories and sustainable development that sort of thing and for B3 it's all going to be on mitosis, meiosis, stem cells, structures of cells. It's probably not going to have anything on respiration and growth (thank goodness) but that's all I know. It's a guess because they never repeat the questions from the most recent past paper
    i was thinking the same for some of these topics, have you looked at the examiners report from last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie290701)
    Thanks for the predictions

ReputationRep:
    if i got a b in my coursework do you think it will make a really big difference to my end grade??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.