Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieG1009)
    I think I got (0, 10/3, -5/3) and (4, -10/3, 1/3)
    That'll be a -1/3 for that last ordinate
    Averages of i, j, k should be (2, 0, -1)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucasFletcher)
    Am I the only one who got 28days? Did you all recalculate k? As it differed depending on the substance
    I got 28 too, i recalculated as it was ofc different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiannon_)
    That's what I meant sorry, what did you get?
    13/35 or sth yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    The half life is 330, I'm pretty sure.
    I think i gt same as u😊

ReputationRep:
    I find this so funny after an exam hahahah so much nervousness and excitement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucasFletcher)
    Am I the only one who got 28days? Did you all recalculate k? As it differed depending on the substance
    Yes, you had to calculate a new value of k.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    13/35 or sth yeah
    That's what I got! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThusSpakeAlex)
    I got 28 too, i recalculated as it was ofc different
    But it took longer than that just to get down to 8g ?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone remember question 7 where you found the gradient that supposedly came out to e^4/2. Was there any follow on questions from this? Wondering because I remember getting something ridiculous like 72e^4 at one point and I'm curious about method marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiannon_)
    That's what I got! Thanks
    What question is this for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdgsgh)
    does anyone remember question 7 where you found the gradient that supposedly came out to e^4/2. Was there any follow on questions from this? Wondering because I remember getting something ridiculous like 72e^4 at one point and I'm curious about method marks
    it was that rearranging question so you're fine, didn't have to use that

ReputationRep:
    So glad about that exam Much easier than Core 3 and some of the past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThusSpakeAlex)
    were your lamba values like 5/3 and 1/3
    Thats exactly what they were. I got them by solving 35(lambda)^2 - 70(lambda) +35 =140/9 if that sounds familiar to anyone?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Mowerharvey;65659139]I actually find Core 4 slightly harder than core 3 myself [/QUOTE
    Are you kidding me?

ReputationRep:
    what did people get for the value of theta when you had to solve the quadratic with a cos identity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ValerieKR)
    Almost right but the x^2 should have another factor of 2 in its coefficient
    So you get 6/4+9x^2
    I did it completley different, I Differentiated implicatley got Sec^ and the theta, changed it into Tan then rearranged the original to put it in but got 6 as well is this valid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam1231)
    But it took longer than that just to get down to 8g ?
    Around 300 definitely correct. It started at 10 grams and after 100 days it was down to 8. So in 100 days it's at roughly 80% of the original value. So 10*(0.8)^3=5.12 (to the power of 3 as it's the half life is approximately 100 days x 3) which is approximately half of the original 10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdgsgh)
    I got that too because I stupidly took the 12e^-2 to the top instead of leaving the 12 on the bottom -.-

ReputationRep:
    I dropped a mark on the vectors question for calculating that 4root35xroot35 = 5root35. Genius.

ReputationRep:
    im gonna cry i lost 10 easy marks that i normally would've down if i was at home doing that one question
    it was easier than core 3 but I'm just dumb and not even my insurance choice is an option anymore

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.