Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So gay people are now being targeted by Islamic extremists in their own countries? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Gunman Claiming Allegiance to ISIS Kills 50 at Orlando Nightclub

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/13/us...-shooting.html

Where are those who said that he wasn't Muslim, nobody knows yet, etc.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Listers)
    So whose fault is it?

Israel?

Theodore Hertzl?

America?

Mossad?

Alexander graham bell?

Miley cyrus?
    I think you and I have different ideas of who a Muslim actually is. The Muslim I'm thinking about is not to blame for the fact that their religion is constantly being thrown into spotlight through NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN. Next time, could you be a little more specific than 'Muslims' as there are about 1.6 Muslims in the world and one might feel a little confused as to who exactly you are referring to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    His like and other Combat 18-type scum bags have been rightly ostracised by our society. As a collective we did this because we recognise that these people are a cancer and the only way to beat cancer is to fight it. So basically the opposite to what Muslim communities as a whole have done with extremist Islamists. Quite frankly you're more likely to be a pariah among these communities by joining the British Army than you are associating yourself with ISIS or Al Shabab.

People like Maajid Nawaz and the Quilliam Foundation are more widely despised by mainstream "moderate" Muslims than people like Moazzam Begg and the poisonous creatures in CAGE. Think about that.............
    Though it's more difficult to ostracise Islamists and their ideologies, ironically due to free speech. When Anjem and his guys preach "We want Sharia", they're not breaking any laws so it is pretty difficult to stop Islamist agendas from radicalising the youngsters. Not saying ban free speech but just pointing out how it does come with its disadvantages.

Regarding Maajid... I'm not really sure about how legitimate his foundation really is after Tommy Robinson came out and tried to expose him and whatnot, despite the fact I agree with his plans to tackle radicalisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    I'm sorry but they clearly do think the world revolves around them, given they claim they are the only group on earth which has a real connection to a deity and they claim that their beliefs are the only valid ones.

Right. It's all Sky News' fault that Muslims keep ****ing shooting and blowing people up. Seriously **** off, no-one wants to hear your terror apologism today
    Seriously? Thats your argument? Islam is not the only group on earth that claim to be connected to a deity and every religion goes to extreme links to prove it its just not reported as often.

Sky News can easily talk about the other things that have happened in the world that are more frequent than Islamic Terrorist crimes.

Every single day in Palestine there are thousands and thousands of men, women and children killed by Jews for the same reason as the crimes that Isis portray; they are different religions. But as long as the offender is not Muslim the crime as written off as anything but a terrorist offence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Anonymous_Girl)
    I think you and I have different ideas of who a Muslim actually is. The Muslim I'm thinking about is not to blame for the fact that their religion is constantly being thrown into spotlight through NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN. Next time, could you be a little more specific than 'Muslims' as there are about 1.6 Muslims in the world and one might feel a little confused as to who exactly you are referring to.

Stop beating around the bush and answer my question, I've had enough left wing dribble already today.

If you won't blame Islam or Muslims or the ISLAMIC state for what happened today, who then do you blame for this?

ReputationRep:
    Calm down, dear. You're becoming hysterical.

I have never seen you on this website before ten minutes ago. It sounds like your fevered, emotional hallucinations viz. my posts aren't far off the lunacy of your paranoia that Sky News can be blamed in part for causing terrorism.
    Just because you don't see me looking at your posts doesn't mean I haven't been on here. You haven't seen about 7 billion people in this world, doesn't mean they are not there. And I'm really not hysterical, mate, don't be so patronizing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khaoula A)
    Seriously? Thats your argument? Islam is not the only group on earth that claim to be connected to a deity and every religion goes to extreme links to prove it its just not reported as often.

Sky News can easily talk about the other things that have happened in the world that are more frequent than Islamic Terrorist crimes.

Every single day in Palestine there are thousands and thousands of men, women and children killed by Jews for the same reason as the crimes that Isis portray; they are different religions. But as long as the offender is not Muslim the crime as written off as anything but a terrorist offence

Are you Insane?

ReputationRep:
    Stop beating around the bush and answer my question, I've had enough left wing dribble already today.

If you won't blame Islam or Muslims or the ISLAMIC state for what happened today, who then do you blame for this?
    This is going to blow your mind: the man.... who actually did it.

ReputationRep:
    This is going to blow your mind: the man.... who actually did it.

He was motivated by Islam the religion he follows which hasn't been reformed and calls for death to Homosexuals.

ReputationRep:
    He was motivated by Islam the religion he follows which hasn't been reformed and calls for death to Homosexuals.
    You asked me who I blamed, I told you. Go on and take Islam to court and put Islam in front of a jury....

(Original post by 99_Problems)
    It's completely natural and normal for a human being to feel more emotion towards the death of someone closer to them. I would care more if my brother died than the prime minister but it doesn't mean his life means less I value all human lives but it is impossible to try and equal out your emotions for two human beings when you feel a closeness towards one more than the other.

Middle eastern lives do not matter less because the West has shown a huge emotion to people they feel closer to.
    Why are more people concerned over the loss of western lives, than the loss of middle eastern lives, it does not make sense.

You do not know either of them, you do not know of their lives, so how can you feel closer to them?

ReputationRep:
    You asked me who I blamed, I told you. Go on and take Islam to court and put Islam in front of a jury....
    What on earth are you babbling about? You've lost the plot completely

More likely that the Muslim community of Orlando's incitement of violence was a major cause than the non-existent "persecution" of Muslims in the West

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fight Me)
    Why are more people concerned over the loss of western lives, than the loss of middle eastern lives, it does not make sense.
    Why are Muslims more concerned over the loss of Palestinian lives than Tibetan or Sri Lankan lives?

It does not make sense

(Original post by QE2)
    But this is not the case. People value things that they have some connection to than things with which thay have no connection. A New Yorker would mourn the death of a Syrian that they knew well, more than the deaths of strangers in the Orlando club. It is human nature and naive in the extreme to suggest otherwise.

Have you ever attended the funeral of a family member or friend?
    If you have, but have not attended all the other funerals that it was possible for you to attend, especially those of strangers, they you are guily of crass hypocrisy and double standards.

Physician heal thyself.
    I attend funerals to show respect for the person and the family as i know them on a personal level.

By not attending the funeral of strangers who probably wouldn't want me there does not mean I value their life less. Its a stupid and invalid argument.

Life is not permanent, death is the only thing is life that is certain.

ReputationRep:
    What on earth are you babbling about? You've lost the plot completely

More likely that the Muslim community of Orlando's incitement of violence was a major cause than the non-existent "persecution" of Muslims in the West

She's just been typing absolute nonsense today, I'm just sat here laughing my ass off hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fight Me)

You do not know either of them, you do not know of their lives, so how can you feel closer to them?

Because an act of terrorism in a strong western country shows us that anything could happen next to another strong western country because of the proximity.

This isn't too hard to understand, no one is devaluing anyone's lives.

ReputationRep:
    Despite the fact the idiot was 'supposedly fueled by his religion' there are 1.6 bn Muslims out there who aren't possessed to do such an act especially during the holy month of Ramadan, you need to stop referring to isis as 'islamic state' because they are not...a small minority of hypocritical idiots do not reflect the fastest growing religion the Earth otherwise it wouldn't be the fastest religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternalhinch)
    Despite the fact the idiot was 'supposedly fueled by his religion' there are 1.6 bn Muslims out there who aren't possessed to do such an act especially during the holy month of Ramadan, you need to stop referring to isis as 'islamic state' because they are not...a small minority of hypocritical idiots do not reflect the fastest growing religion the Earth otherwise it wouldn't be the fastest religion.
    Islamic State is what it calls itself. During the 1980s we didn't say "the so-called Irish Republican Army but they shouldn't call themselves Irish. Irish people wouldn't kill civilians". We called them what they called themselves.

The fact is that a tidal wave of psychopaths has come out of the Muslim community since the rise of ISIS, and the Muslim communities in the West have resisted any attempt by the government to engage them so we can prevent these things before they get down the road to radicalisation.

The Muslim community also ostracises (and even kills) those who attempt to reform Islam away from its warlike and victimhood-obsessed beliefs.

The Muslim community in America is generally held to be the most "moderate" in the world. And especially that in Florida (compared to the one in, say, Minnesota). And yet even there, the closest mosque to this club last month had a guest speaker who said gay people should be killed

These views are not fringe views in Islam

ReputationRep:
    She's just been typing absolute nonsense today, I'm just sat here laughing my ass off hahaha
    I don't find you funny. I really don't know who I am talking to though, you or your friend. My 'nonsense' seems to be quite well founded nonsense though, so I can rest knowing that. And the fact that I made you laugh. Oh wait, your happiness means NOTHING to me...Hahahaha.

ReputationRep:
    I don't find you funny. My 'nonsense' seems to be quite well founded nonsense though, so I can rest knowing that. And the fact that I made you laugh. Oh wait, your happiness means NOTHING to me...Hahahaha.

Nah, your views are incredibly ignorant, unfounded, incredibly flawed and show your general lack of reasoning.

You know nothing about what you talk about, ask pointless questions and stumble when making your points.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.