Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why did God allow 50 innocent people to get murdered? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    If he exists, why did he allow the American mass shooting to happen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    God didn't make guns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    You say this as if blind faith is actually a good thing, something to be admired. It isn't.

It's not a case of providing arguments he doesn't exist, just like you can't provide an argument that an all-powerful, undetectable pink rabbit doesn't exist. That's why the burden of proof was developed, where the onus is on the individual making the positive claim to provide the necessary evidence.
    'Blind faith'' is not to be admired. But most people's faith certainly is not blind. You want arguments? Here are some arguments: Kalam cosmological argument, moral argument, argument from fine tuning, traditional design argument, Liebniz's cosmological argument, the teleological argument, argument from properly basic belief, historicity of the Resurrection, ontological argument, argument from degrees of perfection etc etc.

Also, atheism makes the philosophical claim that God does not exist. This is not a neutral position and therefore requires its own evidence, of which there is none.

ReputationRep:
    Stop being ridiculous. How is asking someone to provide evidence for their claims patronising? He made an extraordinary claim in the debate section and thus I have every right to ask him to provide the extraordinary evidence.

And now you are making baseless claims. So would you mind providing evidence for the comments that he is not meant to be proven physically because he is above other people?
    Where are my baseless claims? You love throwing this term around. Also lay off the insults calling me ridiculous, don't get angry :lolwut:. Yes you're patronising them because you know full well there is no evidence because there's not meant to be anyway, yet you're still teasing them to explain it like there's an answer. Just because it's the debate section it doesn't mean perversely antagonise every statement and then start obtusely insulting anyone who disagrees with you. I never insulted you.

Anyway, you want to know where it states that God doesn't need to be proven? Normally Atheists (who don't hide behind the computer inconsequentially spouting nonsense) are educated about the Bible so they can better "debate" what it says and challenge the interpreters/apologists/believers/theologians/scholars, whoever. Not make a fuss about proof and evidence of God without even knowing the facts about what they're arguing.

Read my quote to Sunnyside just there.

(Original post by 0to100)

“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him” (Hebrews 11:6). If God so desired, He could simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. But if He did that, there would be no need for faith. “Then Jesus told him, ‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed’” (John 20:29).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunnysideSea)
    'Blind faith'' is not to be admired. But most people's faith certainly is not blind. You want arguments? Here are some arguments: Kalam cosmological argument, moral argument, argument from fine tuning, traditional design argument, Liebniz's cosmological argument, the teleological argument, argument from properly basic belief, historicity of the Resurrection, ontological argument, argument from degrees of perfection etc etc.

Also, atheism makes the philosophical claim that God does not exist. This is not a neutral position and therefore requires its own evidence, of which there is none.
    Those arguments have all been provided and they've all been thoroughly debunked which is why no one has received the Nobel Proze for definitively proving one of humanity's oldest questions.

Atheism, generally speaking is the lack of belief in deity rather than the positive assertion that a deity doesn't exist, so no, it doesn't. Most atheists are agnostic atheists, Richard Dawkins included and most of us are willing to believe in God were convincing evidence put forward. The problem is that none has!

ReputationRep:
    Where are my baseless claims? You love throwing this term around. Also lay off the insults calling me ridiculous, don't get angry :lolwut:. Yes you're patronising them because you know full well there is no evidence because there's not meant to be anyway, yet you're still teasing them to explain it like there's an answer. Just because it's the debate section it doesn't mean perversely antagonise every statement and then start obtusely insulting anyone who disagrees with you. I never insulted you.

Anyway, you want to know where it states that God doesn't need to be proven? Normally Atheists (who don't hide behind the computer inconsequentially spouting nonsense) are educated about the Bible so they can better "debate" what it says and challenge the interpreters/apologists/believers/theologians/scholars, whoever. Not make a fuss about proof and evidence of God without even knowing the facts about what they're arguing.

Bruhh. Cool stuff yano

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Bruhh. Cool stuff yano
    Hey how're you bab? Was wondering where ya were.

ReputationRep:
    Hey how're you bab? Was wondering where ya were.
    Haiiiiii! :hi: I'm soooo happy!!!! You? & OoOoOh! Idk, busy with ma final exam cuz there was a lotta content and that, but yh! :blow:

ReputationRep:
    It's bloody obvious don't you think? He doesn't exist! The Bible along with its followers are a joke. Grow up and let go of your imaginary friends!

ReputationRep:

Telling someone to stop being ridiculous isn't an insult, note that I didn't accuse you of insulting me by falsely accusing me of being patronising.

False, asking someone to provide evidence for a claim they make is not being patronising, it is called debating. But at least you're agreeing with me that there is no evidence for God's existence.

Now, like I said, stop trying to derail the discussion and provide the evidence for your claims that God is not meant the proven, because both the God of the OT and Jesus in the NT proved themselves plenty of times.

In addition, if it's your aim to try and shut me up and stop asking people to back up their claims then you may as well give up now because I will not. This is the debate section and that is what it's for. If you just want threads to state your belief in God and either have everyone agree with you or no one challenge it then the religious society threads are where you should post.

ReputationRep:
    Haiiiiii! :hi: I'm soooo happy!!!! You? & OoOoOh! Idk, busy with ma final exam cuz there was a lotta content and that, but yh! :blow:
    Happy because you think you did well?

ReputationRep:
    Happy because you think you did well?
    Well yh, but because I finished all my exams, WOOOOOOOOO! & I did count around 55 and my teacher goes that's an A*, and I got an A* for my coursework, I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo happy!
    How are you thooo!

ReputationRep:
    Well yh, but because I finished all my exams, WOOOOOOOOO! & I did count around 55 and my teacher goes that's an A*, and I got an A* for my coursework, I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo happy!
    How are you thooo!
    Well at least someone's moving ahead in life. Even after all that worrying that your folks would interrupt your revision smh lol. Does your mum know you did well? She gonna treat you? She better

ReputationRep:

Now, like I said, stop trying to derail the discussion and provide the evidence for your claims that God is not meant the proven, because both the God of the OT and Jesus in the NT proved themselves plenty of times.
    Are you going to ignore what I just posted which says He's not meant to be proven. Lmao how am I derailing? 99% of your most recent post was totally irrelevant to the discussion. Don't get gassed up because a couple of Atheists are driveby-repping your posts.

Anyway I'll say it again:

“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him” (Hebrews 11:6). If God so desired, He could simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. But if He did that, there would be no need for faith. “Then Jesus told him, ‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed’” (John 20:29).

And again, my point was He's not meant to be proven, He's meant to be believed. This is just understanding the English language and what words mean. Do you know the difference between "proof" and "faith?"

ReputationRep:
    Well at least someone's moving ahead in life. Even after all that worrying that your folks would interrupt your revision smh lol. Does your mum know you did well? She gonna treat you? She better
    Awwhh! That means so much, thank you x LOOL Well yanno, I used to stay in school for hours after school each day, and at lunchtime to get some peace and quiet uno Yh she knows but tbh, she ain't rlly tht bothered, like when I told her I got an A in my english coursework and an A* in my two languages assesments she just goes 'k.' I don't think so, eh couldn't care less haha, too excited to begin my future, I'm so in love with bein a paramedic haha, I'm like stuck to the TV when Helicopter Heroes is on, I even recorded the ones tht came on last night, after I went bed, I watched them earlier, and my dad's being rlly supportive. (for once)
    Couldn't be better rn, ngl Wish yours was the same, rlly wanaa help u

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to ignore what I just posted which says He's not meant to be proven. Lmao how am I derailing? 99% of your most recent post was totally irrelevant to the discussion. Don't get gassed up because a couple of Atheists are driveby-repping your posts.

Anyway I'll say it again:

And again, my point was He's not meant to be proven, He's meant to be believed. This is just understanding the English language and what words mean. Do you know the difference between "proof" and "faith?"
    My comments were totally relevant and addressed all of your points.

Quotes from the Bible supposedly proving what the Biblical God wants aren't evidence, that's circular reasoning. Just like you can't use the Bible to prove the Biblical God exists. Where is your objective, unbiased evidence that God is not meant to be proven.

Also, why did you ignore the point about both the OT God and Jesus proving their powers plenty of times?

ReputationRep:
    Awwhh! That means so much, thank you x LOOL Well yanno, I used to stay in school for hours after school each day, and at lunchtime to get some peace and quiet uno Yh she knows but tbh, she ain't rlly tht bothered, like when I told her I got an A in my english coursework and an A* in my two languages assesments she just goes 'k.' I don't think so, eh couldn't care less haha, too excited to begin my future, I'm so in love with bein a paramedic haha, I'm like stuck to the TV when Helicopter Heroes is on, I even recorded the ones tht came on last night, after I went bed, I watched them earlier, and my dad's being rlly supportive. (for once)
    Couldn't be better rn, ngl Wish yours was the same, rlly wanaa help u
    That's ****ing great seriously, I think you were a bit glum the other days because of exam stress, now you seem jolly. :yes:
    And yea well I just gotta help myself ini. Stil have not told my mum about academic probation and no sfa probably, emailed and rang the head at the office, nothing back for a week so I'ma have to go down there sooner than later and sort it out myself :\ Meantime I'm tryna learn Microsoft XL so I can know basic office skills do I don't have to lie on my CV lol It might not seem like a big thing but it's def different to me just sat arund my gaff getting drunk tbf

ReputationRep:
    My comments were totally relevant and addressed all of your points.

Quotes from the Bible supposedly proving what the Biblical God wants aren't evidence, that's circular reasoning. Just like you can't use the Bible to prove the Biblical God exists. Where is your objective, unbiased evidence that God is not meant to be proven.

Also, why did you ignore the point about both the OT God and Jesus proving their powers plenty of times?
    It's in black and white that He's not meant to show up. What exactly do you want? What better source about the Christian religion, anyway, than the Bible? Even if you don't like it that's what you're arguing so learn it.

And what did I ignore? My quote says right there they can make themselves visible when they want to...

ReputationRep:
    That's ****ing great seriously, I think you were a bit glum the other days because of exam stress, now you seem jolly. :yes:
    And yea well I just gotta help myself ini. Stil have not told my mum about academic probation and no sfa probably, emailed and rang the head at the office, nothing back for a week so I'ma have to go down there sooner than later and sort it out myself :\ Meantime I'm tryna learn Microsoft XL so I can know basic office skills do I don't have to lie on my CV lol It might not seem like a big thing but it's def different to me just sat arund my gaff getting drunk tbf
    Thank you so much, at least someone appreciates or credits my hard work Yh I think so, stress, exams, and fam But I'm back to my old self haha :ahee:
    I think it's best not too, even though I don't know much, yh you should go, applyin pressure is the only way tht forces em to sort things, and lol, I would help ya, but I ain't f**k all good at it anyway, couldn't do it for my life man. Well done, honestly because it's good to show that side once in a while. Your a credit to your family, although they may not think it, and too your friends, and anyone u kno, and talk to! Including me! x

ReputationRep:
    It's in black and white that He's not meant to show up. What exactly do you want? What better source about the Christian religion, anyway, than the Bible? Even if you don't like it that's what you're arguing so learn it.

And what did I ignore? My quote says right there they can make themselves visible when they want to...
    This isn't a discussion about what the source of the Christian religion is. I know it's the Bible as I was Christian myself. But that does not constitute evidence for God and you are unable to provide evidence showing this save for circular Biblical quotes which are no more convincing that using the Harry Potter books to prove Hogwarts exists. And btw, I was asking Kendrick for evidence that God in general exists, not specifically the Christian God.

And if you use those quotes as evidence then you are showing a glaring contradiction in your own religion because as I have said several times now, both the OT God and Jesus proved their divinity many times in scripture. So clearly they did feel the need to manifest.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much, at least someone appreciates or credits my hard work Yh I think so, stress, exams, and fam But I'm back to my old self haha :ahee:
    I think it's best not too, even though I don't know much, yh you should go, applyin pressure is the only way tht forces em to sort things, and lol, I would help ya, but I ain't f**k all good at it anyway, couldn't do it for my life man. Well done, honestly because it's good to show that side once in a while. Your a credit to your family, although they may not think it, and too your friends, and anyone u kno, and talk to! Including me! x
    :cry2: nicest thing I've heard all day lol yea not gonna tell her, she will kill me. I gotta do this on my own :\ I'm not worried to get a job or anything like to have , it's looking for one that gets me. You're honestly lucky to have your dad. Like that extra person. When it's just one person that's all you've got, and if that gets ****ed you're on your ones.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.