HMRC Tax Professional&Operational Delivery Higher Officer&Officer Caseworker Belfast

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NMP16)
    I got an email with access NI pin today for Feb HO campaign. Got the DBS equivalent last Tuesday for the June HO campaign. Hopefully not too long until checks finish for me now for one of them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Happy days, fingers crossed! It's mad that you're waiting on the same role for campaigns with four months between them, lol. AccessNI are on the ball, quick turnaround of certifica, so shouldn't be long until "Your pre-employment checks have been satisfactorily completed" e-mail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MurphysLaw2471)
    Happy days, fingers crossed! It's mad that you're waiting on the same role for campaigns with four months between them, lol. AccessNI are on the ball, quick turnaround of certifica, so shouldn't be long until "Your pre-employment checks have been satisfactorily completed" e-mail.
    Thanks, I hope so! Was on the reserve list for the February one when the June one came out so thought it best to apply for that too. Any start date for you yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NMP16)
    Thanks, I hope so! Was on the reserve list for the February one when the June one came out so thought it best to apply for that too. Any start date for you yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was thinking why wa and it taking so long as most February staff have started.

The internal post at the same time as June external 1320 are getting start dates at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NMP16)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unfortunately not, but hoping for news at end of week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kezxo)

The internal post at the same time as June external 1320 are getting start dates at the moment.
    Hi Kez, do those getting start dates include 1667 (ex TSP)? Fingers crossed, lol. I'm not even sure if 1667 was classed as internal or external, was transferred onto it from TSP. Doesn't really matter I suppose, just waiting for that date now!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Kez, do those getting start dates include 1667 (ex TSP)? Fingers crossed, lol. I'm not even sure if 1667 was classed as internal or external, was transferred onto it from TSP. Doesn't really matter I suppose, just waiting for that date now!
    Ive heard nothing about band O posts as yet and there's a girl in our office waiting to hear.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've had a lot of movement in the last few days. More movement in the last few days than there's been in the last 12 months. Seems they can't get it done quick enough now with both CSR and HMRC contacting ..So .... hopefully shouldn't be too much longer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kezxo)

Hi Kezxo is this for the HO in Belfast i have start date for December was on the February campaign i was on Reserve list and then within weeks got provisional offer but took ages for formal offer to come through....

ReputationRep:
    Got an email today asking me to bring ID into Moira House, but I did that on the 7th October.

I replied and asked if they needed ID in addition to the documents I handed in on the 7th, and they replied to say they would need to see what happened to the stuff I handed in almost 2 weeks ago, so I guess they have not started processing my application yet.

So I need now to wait and see if they have it, or I need to take it in again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PapaSmurf46)
    Got an email today asking me to bring ID into Moira House, but I did that on the 7th October.

I replied and asked if they needed ID in addition to the documents I handed in on the 7th, and they replied to say they would need to see what happened to the stuff I handed in almost 2 weeks ago, so I guess they have not started processing my application yet.

So I need now to wait and see if they have it, or I need to take it in again.
    Yea I'd say you'll need to bring it on a few times over the next 20 working days. These things can get lost in the post after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kezxo)
    Ive heard nothing about band O posts as yet and there's a girl in our office waiting to hear.
    If you have a Band O post would you say it's likely/unlikely you'll be in post before Christmas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamz115)
    Yea I'd say you'll need to bring it on a few times over the next 20 working days. These things can get lost in the post after all.
    I got an email back to say that they have tracked my documents down, so I don't need to bring any more in.

I asked if they could tell me what part of the process I am at, and they said they could not, but once the documents arrive with CSR, then it should be completed within 20 working days.

So that would be mid November, before I get a formal offer. And then a period after that before I get a start date.

Looking unlikely to be this side of Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PapaSmurf46)
    I got an email back to say that they have tracked my documents down, so I don't need to bring any more in.

I asked if they could tell me what part of the process I am at, and they said they could not, but once the documents arrive with CSR, then it should be completed within 20 working days.

So that would be mid November, before I get a formal offer. And then a period after that before I get a start date.

Looking unlikely to be this side of Christmas.
    Yea I'd imagine it won't be before christmas now especially those like us with EO posts. They will place the HEOs first I'd say. As long as they send me that message to say employment checks have been completed etc then that's all that matters. I'm content to wait until after christmas as I have a family member getting married over christmas and have leave booked at my current employer so it would be best if I don't have to go through that rigmarole with my new employer.

ReputationRep:
    I am waiting on an o posting as well however as someone with the ACCA tax exams i was wondering if there is any benefit to having these? ie would some people get started at a higher pay point? Also, does anyone know if there are any opportunites to climb the ladder internally? I know this is slightly off topic but worth a try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hhhmmm)
    I am waiting on an o posting as well however as someone with the ACCA tax exams i was wondering if there is any benefit to having these? ie would some people get started at a higher pay point? Also, does anyone know if there are any opportunites to climb the ladder internally? I know this is slightly off topic but worth a try
    There's only 1 salary and it doesn't change bar a 1% change every year or somethin to do with inflation. If you want to " climb the ladder" so to speak you will have to apply internally for higher posts

ReputationRep:
    I'm informed that everything has been slowed down deliberately as they basically bit off more than they could chew by recruiting too many staff at one time. This is nationwide. I'll count myself lucky to get a date before Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    I'm informed that everything has been slowed down deliberately as they basically bit off more than they could chew by recruiting too many staff at one time. This is nationwide. I'll count myself lucky to get a date before Christmas.
    Oh no!! How'd you find that info out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cass1988)
    Oh no!! How'd you find that info out?
    Friend works there.

ReputationRep:
    Just got this email...
    Name:  image.png
Views: 27
Size:  91.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cass1988)
    Just got this email...
    Name:  image.png
Views: 27
Size:  91.0 KB
    Woohoo! 😁 Let's hope my info was relative to the slow up we've all been experiencing already! Chuffed for you.....and me, because I'm usually about a week behind you, lol. Sounds like they realise you will have to give notice and are getting your desk ready, lol. Which reminds me, space at Belfast at a premium, lots of hot-desking going on. Let's hope you don't have to attend that Christmas party!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.