Ask the Speaker II

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the current system works well enough. In fact, we don't need to complicate, but could do with culling certainly the privy council page.
    It's time to redefine what it means to be a PC in the MHoC - perhaps then we could make a list that's actually possible to maintain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    It's time to redefine what it means to be a PC in the MHoC - perhaps then we could make a list that's actually possible to maintain.
    I think that the easiest thing is probably to take the end of this term as year zero in terms of the PC and start afresh next term.

ReputationRep:
    I think that the easiest thing is probably to take the end of this term as year zero in terms of the PC and start afresh next term.
    That only solves half the problem imo. Just limit PC to PMs, DPMs, maybe Opposition Leaders. Much easier to go back in history that way.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, plus limiting it to people who actually use their role to do something.

ReputationRep:
    Quite frankly I only look at the wiki if I desperately need to know something from the GD, constitution or hansard. Didn't even know there was a privy council until just now. I couldn't care less in all honesty.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps effective abolition of the Privy Council is the best route.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Perhaps effective abolition of the Privy Council is the best route.
    Aye.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know we even had a privy council as such, I thought it was just limited to the people who would be privy councillors irl being called Rt Hon.

ReputationRep:
    Saracen's Fez Mind linking this in the next update?

http://tsrmhoc.wikia.com/wiki/TSR_Mo..._Commons_Wikia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)

Greens only have 3 seats

ReputationRep:

We are properly public!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Greens only have 3 seats
    Changed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    We are properly public!
    This is great - I didn't even know this existed. If you want me to help with creating articles, just say. I might add to my article at some point too. I presume the ultimate aim is to transfer the useful content from the current wiki to this new one and create essentially a super wiki that contains all the information?

ReputationRep:

Saracen's Fez Whose project is this and why are these information being moved off-site instead of updating TSR wiki?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Saracen's Fez Whose project is this and why are these information being moved off-site instead of updating TSR wiki?
    Petros started it all. From my impression, the idea isn't to move things off site, but to expand upon the TSR wiki, so whilst the main pages will probably by on the wiki, they will simply be copied over - so they'll be on both - and then there will also be other pages, for members should they wish, and dedicated pages for Parties, etc...

ReputationRep:
    It's probably a good idea for use of less used pages (e.g. Current law) to be put there and then when acts have passed they can be copied over and look prettier maybe? Would also save space on TSR servers. As long as the constitution isn't copied over to keep it less serious I see no issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    It's probably a good idea for use of less used pages (e.g. Current law) to be put there and then when acts have passed they can be copied over and look prettier maybe? Would also save space on TSR servers. As long as the constitution isn't copied over to keep it less serious I see no issue.
    If we're worrying about megabytes worth of text saving space on the TSR servers, I'd love to know a) what they're doing with their money, and b) who the hell they're hiring to manage their servers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Petros started it all. From my impression, the idea isn't to move things off site, but to expand upon the TSR wiki, so whilst the main pages will probably by on the wiki, they will simply be copied over - so they'll be on both - and then there will also be other pages, for members should they wish, and dedicated pages for Parties, etc...
    I think it would be best if we just move the useful pages from the current wiki to the new one and make that our main wiki that contains all the information in one place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I think it would be best if we just move the useful pages from the current wiki to the new one and make that our main wiki that contains all the information in one place.
    I don't, because it's not right we should 'force' people to go offsite to view the information. Having the info on the new wiki is fine, as well as the pages give 'extra' background into everything is brilliant, but making it the main source of info shouldn't be done, and for ease, we should keep the important/main/current stuff on site, and just copy it over for reference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I don't, because it's not right we should 'force' people to go offsite to view the information. Having the info on the new wiki is fine, as well as the pages give 'extra' background into everything is brilliant, but making it the main source of info shouldn't be done, and for ease, we should keep the important/main/current stuff on site, and just copy it over for reference.
    Agreed, and we do all know that TSR servers are rubish though.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.