Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeff458(#21))
    Wow that is amazing to hear you have got an interview!!!!

Congratulations!!! !!!!

I got a UKCAT 617 which I wasn't too happy with at all but I have hope now!

If you don't mind me asking, how will you prepare for the interviews?

Great job once again!
    Tbh,I'm not sure about how I'm gunna prepare. I will probably try and do some mock interviews and search up possible MMI stations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i accidentally ticked the box declaring a criminal conviction on my UCAS, however i emailed bristol to inform them that i ticked this box by accident and don't actually have any criminal convictions. will they take to this lightly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agahaga)
    i accidentally ticked the box declaring a criminal conviction on my UCAS, however i emailed bristol to inform them that i ticked this box by accident and don't actually have any criminal convictions. will they take to this lightly?
    Sounds like an honest mistake lol. Don't think they have time to deal with overthinking that. But no one knows for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayrk)
    It's probably a reasonable assumption to say that those who have interview invites as of now have PS's that blew the admissions team away. Not necessarily a ranking thing.

Or it could be a ranking of the 30% of academics and UKCAT scores, then either alphabetical or submission date of applications for PS's to be read. Then those that are like superb are invited right off the bat from there, and some on hold, some rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I suppose so, just can't imagine the poor admissions team working through hundreds of personal statements a day - on top of their other duties

Sadly I think some of us will be waiting a while, many applicants last year were given interview offers in January and late December.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_Javaid)
    Interview!!!
    Just?! Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Interview!!!
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Beginning to think my Personal Statement won't make the cut for Bristol

I have done lots of work experience but I heard from someone that Bristol wants 1/3 work experience and something else?

ReputationRep:

I have done lots of work experience but I heard from someone that Bristol wants 1/3 work experience and something else?
    1/3 hobbies and interests apparently.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Supportivemum)
    I cannot believe they have read and scored approx. 5,000 personal statements already!
    Where did you get 5000 from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, are you an international or home student?

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from Bristol at 11:47. No Track confirmation, due to their forever ongoing maintenance work.
    Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Yeah I heard that to. Tbh i think as long as you've written a decent PS which shows reflection etc I don't think they're going to reject you based on whether you don't have an exact 1/3 of a PS on hobbies.

I'm a graduate applicant (25) and while I've included a bit on my interests beyond medicine, I'm at a different time in my life so putting that I used to play violin, go to girl guides etc which made up a lot of my childhood seems so irrelevant! XD

The PS is subjective and everyone's will be different. I think as a guide they might suggest 1/3 on hobbies but I really don't think it's set in stone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl)
    Yeah I heard that to. Tbh i think as long as you've written a decent PS which shows reflection etc I don't think they're going to reject you based on whether you don't have an exact 1/3 of a PS on hobbies.

I'm a graduate applicant (25) and while I've included a bit on my interests beyond medicine, I'm at a different time in my life so putting that I used to play violin, go to girl guides etc which made up a lot of my childhood seems so irrelevant! XD

The PS is subjective and everyone's will be different. I think as a guide they might suggest 1/3 on hobbies but I really don't think it's set in stone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here - 26. I feel like my experiences at university and my job are a lot more reflective of my abilities and character that whether or not I bench 130% my body weight is irrelevant. Hahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl)
    How do you know they interview the strongest ones first? on last year's thread they hadn't scored most by this time last year and were busy working their way through.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I spoke to an admissions tutor yesterday - they haven't read them all but any truly brilliant ones have been given interviews and as someone else has said, they could have ranked academics and THEN read personal statements. No need for people to get angry - just what I've been told.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjcoolio)
    I spoke to an admissions tutor yesterday - they haven't read them all but any truly brilliant ones have been given interviews and as someone else has said, they could have ranked academics and THEN read personal statements. No need for people to get angry - just what I've been told.
    Yeah that sounds about right . I did think it would've been unlikely for them to have read every single one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayrk)
    Same here - 26. I feel like my experiences at university and my job are a lot more reflective of my abilities and character that whether or not I bench 130% my body weight is irrelevant. Hahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Another grad

Couldn't agree more with you on that haha, do you know if we'll be compared to other grads or alongside school leavers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Last year a girl I knew with a strong application rand up in January. She had not heard anything since her original confirmation UCAS email - not even a "we are still considering you" email. They told her that her PS and not yet been read and scored yet. In fact as it turned out she got nearly full marks on her PS. So I think people should stop worrying at this stage. People who have got interviews are lucky that their applications have just been read earlier than others. She ended up going to Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eehaj)
    Do you know if they give preference to those with A* predictions as opposed to AAA predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No idea - Bristol is mainly personal statement so it's unlikely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadLashes)
    Last year a girl I knew with a strong application rand up in January. She had not heard anything since her original confirmation UCAS email - not even a "we are still considering you" email. They told her that her PS and not yet been read and scored yet. In fact as it turned out she got nearly full marks on her PS. So I think people should stop worrying at this stage. People who have got interviews are lucky that their applications have just been read earlier than others. She ended up going to Oxford.
    Exactly - Medicine is very much a "no news is good news" subject when applying!! They consider each application individually so the time it takes them doesn't make a difference!

ReputationRep:
    yoo ive seen people have already got interviews you know!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.