Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread]

ReputationRep:
    Supply teachers have exactly the same job and so should be treated like normal teachers.

ReputationRep:
    Gay means happy.

ReputationRep:
    No they're not fat, they're just cupcake shape

ReputationRep:
    My PE teacher told me if I ate Spinach and other green vegetables for lunch I would be strong and pass PE.
    I failed PE, I still can't climb that stupid rope, and you don't want to know what happens when I eat cabbage!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powersymphonia)
    My PE teacher told me if I ate Spinach and other green vegetables for lunch I would be strong and pass PE.
    I failed PE, I still can't climb that stupid rope, and you don't want to know what happens when I eat cabbage!!!!
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    PE teacher at beginning of lesson: "It's the taking part that counts"
    PE teacher mid-way through a lesson: "Try harder you little s**t"
    :rofl: PE was just the worst

ReputationRep:
    I remember in year 10 I got ill and had to go home early. Some kind of situation happened and my English teacher who happens to be a deputy head of the school had to come over and she said to me, "You'd do anything to get out of one of my English lessons". She then laughed and told another high ranked teacher that I actually work really hard and that I got one of the higher marks in my literature coursework. (she knows that I'm aiming for A/A*) The next day she gives out the results and tells me that I got a B and maybe we can do something at the end of the year to improve it. That never happened and to top it all off when I did the creative writing English language coursework in year 11 I found out that I actually got a C and she never even put a B on the piece of paper. :'(

R.I.P. my English grade, plez give me an A on Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    "You will only be sat in the seating plan until I learn all you names"

Not necessarily a fib but we stayed in the seating plan all year because she never learnt anyone's name

ReputationRep:
    The Learn Ranger what was the biggest fib YOU told to your students when you were a teacher?

ReputationRep:
    That I totally didn't pull down my trousers as a dare in front of the whole class when my Year 2 teacher was out of the room...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    The Learn Ranger what was the biggest fib YOU told to your students when you were a teacher?
    I'm ashamed to admit this ... but I told a class that before he was a philosopher/economist Karl Marx used to be goalkeeper for Borussia Dortmund.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    he wasn't really - it was Borussia Monchengladbach

ReputationRep:
    My year 6 teacher (the school's IT technician too) told us he knew how to use a computer... he hadn't got a clue and all of us 11 year olds could do better than him.

ReputationRep:
    "Algebra will come in handy".

No joke, actually got told this.

ReputationRep:
    When you get hiccups it means you are growing , my teacher in reception use to say this all the time

ReputationRep:
    This 5 page essay will be beneficial to you in the Year 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Do you work in advertising,
    Spoiler:
    Show
    for paper towels? (it seems to be remarkably accurate to their marketing campaigns)
    I don't actually, guess I could consider it though

Hahaha! Thanks man

ReputationRep:
    C1 is the easiest module don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    That I would succeed.

ReputationRep:
    Well even from Promary school we all got told that almost certain death was gaurateed if we rocked back on our chairs, every teacher knew one child who cracked their head open etc,
    Also later on in Year 9 when starting woodwork there was always one guy our teacher explained that got their 80's style hair caught in the woodwork drill, this guy must of had a tiny head because no way a human could get their head in that gap!
    However these fibs and trucks worked and no one died in all my school time! As predicted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    "Algebra will come in handy".

No joke, actually got told this.
    It's not really a lie though is it.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher told me I'd pass my ALevels 😳

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 19, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.